Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WITZ View Post
    Its about as desperate as the warriors signing Calderon only to release him to sign that bum Barnes
    This is what I'm talking bout Tre. Did you enlighten us to this desperation or was this a solid move by the warriors?
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

doing anything you can to win a title is not a bad thing. lebron learned that in 2011, maybe dray learned it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Signing Larry Sanders is basically the Cavs buying a lottery ticket. There's also nobody worth mentioning who's available right now so why not go for him? If he sucks then he rides the bench but if he plays well (he probably won't) it could be huge.
    I'd be kinda surprised if Sanders isn't at least a solid role player. The Kid has talent and a freak athlete we all know that. He was a good rebounder and defender which is what the Cavs need. I preferred Sanders over Bogut because of that athletic ability and running up and down the court. Bogut wouldn't play much in the post season. But a guy like sanders could see consistent minutes if he returns to his form with the bucks.

Cavs will start in in the D-leauge as well. But i do believe he will make an impact for the cavs in the playoffs. TT needs a break at some point lol.
    Last edited by prodigy; 03-15-2017 at 09:25 AM.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Larry Sanders debuted last night. Picked up a couple fouls and missed a shot, lol.

He's skinny as hell, though. When I think about it, I'm not sure he'll be able to have any real impact this year, including the playoffs. He needs to put on 20 pounds but if you do that mid-season it's a sure-fire lead to a bad knee injury. I'm expecting him to be in much better physical condition for the 2017-18 NBA season.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Larry Sanders debuted last night. Picked up a couple fouls and missed a shot, lol.

He's skinny as hell, though. When I think about it, I'm not sure he'll be able to have any real impact this year, including the playoffs. He needs to put on 20 pounds but if you do that mid-season it's a sure-fire lead to a bad knee injury. I'm expecting him to be in much better physical condition for the 2017-18 NBA season.

He had no business being put in an NBA game at all right now. that was a poor job by Lue.

The Cavs will have him on a health plan I'm not worried at all how skinny an NBA player is. But he will need time in the D-league just to understand the speed of the game again. it'll take time, but they need him for the playoffs. Defensive minded big will be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    He had no business being put in an NBA game at all right now. that was a poor job by Lue.

The Cavs will have him on a health plan I'm not worried at all how skinny an NBA player is. But he will need time in the D-league just to understand the speed of the game again. it'll take time, but they need him for the playoffs. Defensive minded big will be huge.
    Honestly, I think Larry Sanders will only have a spot on the Cavaliers playoff roster for injury insurance purposes and IF they have a bad size matchup in the Finals. Who in the East has the size to really put a healthy Thompson, Love, and LeBron in trouble? It would really take a lot of foul trouble or injuries to put Cleveland in that spot.

I think the Sanders move is entirely with 2017-2018 season in mind. The kid could play ball when he was in the NBA. Bring him in now, get him used to the NBA training program again, maybe see some playoff action, and take a full off-season to get back into NBA form. Cleveland would have the first shot at keeping him, and if he rounds back into form, that's a legit defensive-minded big man for cheap. Cleveland goes 10-11 deep on a normal night with their current roster. Larry Sanders is a future investment with little-to-no risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    Honestly, I think Larry Sanders will only have a spot on the Cavaliers playoff roster for injury insurance purposes and IF they have a bad size matchup in the Finals. Who in the East has the size to really put a healthy Thompson, Love, and LeBron in trouble? It would really take a lot of foul trouble or injuries to put Cleveland in that spot.

I think the Sanders move is entirely with 2017-2018 season in mind. The kid could play ball when he was in the NBA. Bring him in now, get him used to the NBA training program again, maybe see some playoff action, and take a full off-season to get back into NBA form. Cleveland would have the first shot at keeping him, and if he rounds back into form, that's a legit defensive-minded big man for cheap. Cleveland goes 10-11 deep on a normal night with their current roster. Larry Sanders is a future investment with little-to-no risk.
    TT cannot play 48 minutes though. That's where Sanders will be very nice to have. 10-15 minutes a game to rebound and defend will be nice.

I also agree this is a move for next season as well. They need a more bigs for depth. this helps. plus he's still young.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    TT cannot play 48 minutes though. That's where Sanders will be very nice to have. 10-15 minutes a game to rebound and defend will be nice.

I also agree this is a move for next season as well. They need a more bigs for depth. this helps. plus he's still young.
    I think the beauty of the way Cleveland plays is that they don't have to have Thompson play 48 minutes. They often go small with Love at the 5 and then the bench rotation has Frye at the 5 with LeBron at the 4. Their style of play isn't really reliant on a big man. It just seems like there's a hole right now because Love isn't playing and they're missing out on a bunch of rebounds. Heck, for stretches of many games, I think Cleveland prefers to have a lineup of Kyrie-JR-Jefferson-LeBron-Love because there's so much floor spacing.

Not that it's not important to have legitimate big men, but the Cavs are in the enviable position where the only 2 teams that can really provide the big men depth that give them problems are in the West (San Antonio and Houston).

ENLIGHTEN US tre!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    I think the beauty of the way Cleveland plays is that they don't have to have Thompson play 48 minutes. They often go small with Love at the 5 and then the bench rotation has Frye at the 5 with LeBron at the 4. Their style of play isn't really reliant on a big man. It just seems like there's a hole right now because Love isn't playing and they're missing out on a bunch of rebounds. Heck, for stretches of many games, I think Cleveland prefers to have a lineup of Kyrie-JR-Jefferson-LeBron-Love because there's so much floor spacing.

Not that it's not important to have legitimate big men, but the Cavs are in the enviable position where the only 2 teams that can really provide the big men depth that give them problems are in the West (San Antonio and Houston).
    I agree, the NBA in general is changing. But the Cavs defense this season has been crap. I mean straight garbage. Sanders isn't a typical big either, He can run the floor very well. So its a nice piece to have. He's kinda like TT in a way. Sanders was a better defender though. We will see if he still has something to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    ENLIGHTEN US tre!!!!
    He pulled a Finals Klay last year around this time, too. It's his yearly rehab break. He'll be back soon (assuming the Warriors get back to their winning ways).

Larry Sanders best season was like 2012. Good luck. He dropped off after that. Less points and what not. Also moody as he is and weed. Yeesh that's begging for a kick out of the league drug test any minute like Mayo. Also if his head is on straight or not. Time to put bets on when he's technical out of a game. He's worse then Green remember. I could see him try hard in a playoff series and some team gullible to over pay him this summer though.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 03-16-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    ENLIGHTEN US tre!!!!
    You don't think he can actually contribute, do you? The fact that we even have a thread for a guy whose career ended years ago is pretty funny to me.

So much for that D-League stint though. Cavs seem to be trying to get him on the court immediately (2 fouls and 1 missed shot in 2 minutes of action for a PER of negative 38. So seems about where we expected him ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    He pulled a Finals Klay last year around this time, too. It's his yearly rehab break. He'll be back soon (assuming the Warriors get back to their winning ways).
    Lol yes, when I was too busy to post for a few months while the Warriors broke the All-Time reg season record. Came back for the OKC series when they were down. What's your point here exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Lol yes, when I was too busy to post for a few months while the Warriors broke the All-Time reg season record. Came back for the OKC series when they were down. What's your point here exactly?
    Just ****in' with ya.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast