Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cavs sign Larry Sanders

The Cavaliers have signed Larry Sanders to replace Andrew Bogut:

Sanders and his agent, Joel Bell, are in Cleveland on Monday as Sanders takes a physical. After he is examined, the Cavaliers will waive Bogut, sources said.
    Sanders is attempting a comeback after two years away from the NBA, and scouts who have watched him work out recently say his timing is off a little and his muscle mass is down from where it used to be. But they report that he is still an athletic player whose talent is tempting, even considering his history of off-the-court issues.
    The 28-year-old has violated the NBA's drug policy four times with positive marijuana tests. He also walked away from the game and later checked himself into a hospital for anxiety and depression.
    - ESPN

Desperation move, I love the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Desperation move, I love the NBA.

Some Warriors fans were drooling at the fact they might sign Sanders in the beginning of the season, now it's a "desperation move".

Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post

Some Warriors fans were drooling at the fact they might sign Sanders in the beginning of the season, now it's a "desperation move".
    Hahah what? Who?

This guy hasn't played in organized basketball, let alone professional basketball in years. They passed on Bogut, and Larry Sanders is a far cry from Bogut. I honestly cannot believe this washed up clown got another chance.

so? The dude hasn't played in a few years, is a mental midget, and we should care why?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Hahah what? Who?

This guy hasn't played in organized basketball, let alone professional basketball in years. They passed on Bogut, and Larry Sanders is a far cry from Bogut. I honestly cannot believe this washed up clown got another chance.
    JaVale McGee?

Doubtful he can make a significant impact this year. Maybe next year. But the dude hasnt played for 2 years and he said it caused him too much anxiety (IN MILWAUKEE, where theres next to 0 expectation) and now he's just gonna come out of the woodworks and play meaningful minutes during the playoffs and (most likely) the finals? Nah. I dont buy it. Bogut? Sure been there done that. Sanders, no. Not this year.

His last professional game at any level was prior to Christmas of 2014.

This signing is yuge. I mean it's brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    JaVale McGee?
    You're comparing a street walker to a professional basketball player? One that is contributing to the best team in the NBA? Seems strange but I'll roll with it.

Cue crazy Cavs fan saying this is a great move. Dude ain't a difference maker but I guess he's tall so there's that.

Lebron has had some luck in the past getting decent production out of previously washed up players (Oden, Beasley, Derrick Williams, etc.), but I can't imagine this signing will make a huge difference for them down the stretch. But I will say that, watching that game last night, they could definitely use some help in the interior of their defense. If Sanders could even be 80 percent of the defender and rebounder he was in Milwaukee at his peak, he could feasibly be an impact signing for them. I just don't think it's very likely.

Lol @ all the guys with the pre-emptive insecurity, jfc. Larry's time has likely passed, but if there's anyone who could revive his career it'd be LeBron. He's the corpse reviver. It's unlikely he'll make a difference, but we'll see how it goes.

Anyone with a better free agent target? Didn't think so.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Lol @ all the guys with the pre-emptive insecurity, jfc. Larry's time has likely passed, but if there's anyone who could revive his career it'd be LeBron. He's the corpse reviver. It's unlikely he'll make a difference, but we'll see how it goes.

If he can protect the rim and rebound it has nothing to do with LeBron. None of us know if he will be good or not right now. He had ability so it definitely worth a shot if you are Clev

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If he can protect the rim and rebound it has nothing to do with LeBron. None of us know if he will be good or not right now. He had ability so it definitely worth a shot if you are Clev
    Right.

David Aldridge reports that the plan is to have him play in the D-League the entire time, and only bring him up if Love/TT/Frye gets injured during the playoffs.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post

Definitely. Can't wait for Lebron to space Larry Sanders on his corner 3's. You're right. Not a desperation move : )

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast