Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Layout switch

Layout switch

Not sure this is necessarily a feature request but how about changing the layout of the posts? Right now we have the top quarter of the post wasted on just the posters name, post count, location and a lot of blank space.

Now:
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||||||
    texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttextte xt
    Change to:
    |||||||||||||||texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttex ttexttexttexttexttext
    It's not a huge issue but it would look cleaner imo and save space. I've been trying to find out if there is already an option in my settings but i can't find it. If this already exists, i apologize and if you could point me to it i would be grateful.

Are you referring to how a specific hockey site is set up? If you are, while that is technically the same forum software that PSD users, they are using the final version of vB3. PSD is being run on vB4, which are very different softwares despite being from the same company and having many of the same features and layout already.

Now, it is possible to edit the code and make this software appear like what you are saying. However, Rush and I are essentially community managers here. We don't have any access to the FTP, skins or any coding for the site. If this was a feature that a good amount of users got behind, I could recommend it to SDI, however, a word of caution- they probably won't do it. Personally, Rush and I have a list of things we need to get to before something like this, and a layout change may not even be something they want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    Not sure this is necessarily a feature request but how about changing the layout of the posts? Right now we have the top quarter of the post wasted on just the posters name, post count, location and a lot of blank space.
    Does it help if you turn off avatars?

Also. The site could be coded so that at smaller widths, the post header could disappear, hide avatars, etc.

@media only screen and (max-width:320px) {
    }
    Last edited by Dugmet; 03-14-2017 at 09:14 AM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Are you referring to how a specific hockey site is set up? If you are, while that is technically the same forum software that PSD users, they are using the final version of vB3. PSD is being run on vB4, which are very different softwares despite being from the same company and having many of the same features and layout already.

Now, it is possible to edit the code and make this software appear like what you are saying. However, Rush and I are essentially community managers here. We don't have any access to the FTP, skins or any coding for the site. If this was a feature that a good amount of users got behind, I could recommend it to SDI, however, a word of caution- they probably won't do it. Personally, Rush and I have a list of things we need to get to before something like this, and a layout change may not even be something they want to do.
    Thanks for the response. I wasn't referring to that site but it is a good layout example for what i'm thinking of, though that site could be cleaned up a tad too. I have a better one if you want to see it but i don't know if i can post the site name

It's not a big deal, if you have other pressing matters then no problem. I just thought if it were quick and easy switch, i'd suggest it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Does it help if you turn off avatars?

Also. The site could be coded so that at smaller widths, the post header could disappear, hide avatars, etc.
    Thanks for the response, you make a good suggestion but i love my avatar and like seeing posters avatars. I might ditch the avi if the blank space bothers me in the future. I don't know why but PSD post layouts have bothered me for some time and the blank space blocks seem to be the thing that bother me most.