Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    It's funny until one of them become president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, it's funny regardless. Both sides can't get enough of that lame phrase.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I find this whole obsession with "fake news" to be quite humorous honestly. This is nothing new. Stupid, gullible people have been falling for nonsense for ages.
    I strongly dislike Trump and his unprofessional ways.

But I wish just once he would actually clarify what he means by fake news. Because just screaming it non-stop just creates more divide.

If he means it's fake news as in it's completely false information, then he's down right wrong and not credible.

If he means it's fake news because they are sensationalizing a non-story or putting up headlines that are misleading or picking and choosing things that paint pictures to a slant. Then he has a great and accurate point.

But he doesn't care to do that stuff, he just shouts whatever he is feeling whenever he feels it.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I strongly dislike Trump and his unprofessional ways.

But I wish just once he would actually clarify what he means by fake news. Because just screaming it non-stop just creates more divide.

If he means it's fake news as in it's completely false information, then he's down right wrong and not credible.

If he means it's fake news because they are sensationalizing a non-story or putting up headlines that are misleading or picking and choosing things that paint pictures to a slant. Then he has a great and accurate point.

But he doesn't care to do that stuff, he just shouts whatever he is feeling whenever he feels it.
    That is what a 2 year old does.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(tone) View Post
    nah, it's funny regardless. Both sides can't get enough of that lame phrase.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    That is what a 2 year old does.
    yup

It's not the biggest problem at all. But the media is a problem. Especially when 60% of the national media outlets are in NYC, LA and DC where they are basing national coverage on what is happening in their bubble and are ignorant to the other 95% of the country.

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    It's not the biggest problem at all. But the media is a problem. Especially when 60% of the national media outlets are in NYC, LA and DC where they are basing national coverage on what is happening in their bubble and are ignorant to the other 95% of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    It's funny until one of them become president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol. When keeping it real goes wrong

So... the other 40% should step it up!
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

bingo. Which is why using the popular vote is insane to me. We want to let 9 metro areas decide what is best for the rest of the country? Nah, count me out..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    bingo. Which is why using the popular vote is insane to me. We want to let 9 metro areas decide what is best for the rest of the country? Nah, count me out..
    Is geography the only way we should be ensuring their isn't a tyranny of the "out of touch many"? Imagine if we took the same logic and applied it to race, "We want to let one race decide what is best for the rest of the races of the country?"

It's just weird that geography affords some special privileges or increased voting power.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I like the idea of winning the delegates you win. If you win 14 districts in NY state, you get 14 electoral votes.
    It makes the popular vote more valuable but still allows for a more even distribution of power per region.

If someone wins 51% of the votes in a state, why do they get all the electorates? What if they won in landslides in a few areas but lost in most of the others?

Each district reports as it is. It would be less math and more accurate.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I like the idea of winning the delegates you win. If you win 14 districts in NY state, you get 14 electoral votes.
    It makes the popular vote more valuable but still allows for a more even distribution of power per region.

If someone wins 51% of the votes in a state, why do they get all the electorates? What if they won in landslides in a few areas but lost in most of the others?

Each district reports as it is. It would be less math and more accurate.
    The problem is that our political landscape is so divided which state is going to revise their constitution to allot proportional electoral votes knowing they always lean a certain way?

There's no reason California or Texas should change to a proportional award system if not all the states do it because they're essentially just giving electoral votes to the other party.

people who say "political landscape"

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast