Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

What's the biggest problem in the U.S?

I hear a lot of answers to this question, they usually differ from both sides. My question is, what issues are the most important to you as of March, 2017?

Here's a couple off the top of my head to start off (how I deem them from most important to least)

Health Care
    Gun Control
    Social inequality
    Environment
    Education
    Racism/Sexism
    Jobs/Wages
    Social security
    Terrorism
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Social inequality I think is the biggest one there. It's kinda hard to pick and choose, but I think a lot of the other issues on the list (violence, crime, education, jobs, health care, social security) are problems that are exacerbated by the absurd inequality in this country.

The environment may very well end up being the correct answer though. It's just hard to really know for sure in the moment. Maybe 50, 100, 200, or whatever years from now our lack of perspective or foresight will prove to be truly damning.
    this my sig

I think the biggest issue is economy. I'm a big believer in self sustaining communities, of citizens owning the businesses and cash flow in their communities. I think a people who doesn't control their economy truly controls nothing, including their leaders and their laws.

I think big business is the biggest killer of this, I think the US law system is designed to cater to big business, giving them a second major advantage over us on top of the natural advantage that comes with volume.

I believe in a completely different business structure in which people form partnerships rather than boss/employee relationships. I believe in rising with the people around you, rather than at their expense. This is a step which MUST be taken if we are ever to remove the invisible "faux" from in front of our visible democracy. If a people doesn't control their economy, they truly control nothing.

I'm not entirely sure yet, but I might end up changing the world

Affordable higher education.

I really gotta go with ebola on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    I really gotta go with ebola on this one.
    that's what came here to say

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    that's what came here to say
    Who's he? Is he new Trump appointment?

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I say education and healthcare. I think if everyone had legitimate and good education many of the problems on the list would disappear. People would understand the world around them in a broader sense.

I think that if everyone had healthcare, other issues would have less face and importance. If people don't have to worry about working a third job to pay for healthcare for their kids, they can actually enjoy their lives more. The reduction in fear and stress level is immeasurable when you now if the worst happens to you or your loved ones, they will have a fighting chance.

When people are clouded with that fear and coupled with poor education, I don't believe they can think with clarity.
    When clarity is there, good things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I say education and healthcare. I think if everyone had legitimate and good education many of the problems on the list would disappear. People would understand the world around them in a broader sense.

I think that if everyone had healthcare, other issues would have less face and importance. If people don't have to worry about working a third job to pay for healthcare for their kids, they can actually enjoy their lives more. The reduction in fear and stress level is immeasurable when you now if the worst happens to you or your loved ones, they will have a fighting chance.

When people are clouded with that fear and coupled with poor education, I don't believe they can think with clarity.
    When clarity is there, good things happen.
    i agree Kinko. I think life style is a huge factor in this too. Our society seems to have become so uptight. People need to learn to respect their bodies and minds. Relax, have some tea, read a book, play sports, take it easy, smile *****es, . Stop worrying. I feel like our culture is more and more mirroring a doomsday cult.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    i agree Kinko. I think life style is a huge factor in this too. Our society seems to have become so uptight. People need to learn to respect their bodies and minds. Relax, have some tea, read a book, play sports, take it easy, smile *****es, . Stop worrying. I feel like our culture is more and more mirroring a doomsday cult.
    I agree.
    With people so far apart politically, when the other side is in control, it is doomsday for who isn't in control.

If you know you or your kid aren't going to die from the flu or a staff infection, you can relax and spend time doing something that makes you feel good. Then, other issues mean less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree.
    With people so far apart politically, when the other side is in control, it is doomsday for who isn't in control.

If you know you or your kid aren't going to die from the flu or a staff infection, you can relax and spend time doing something that makes you feel good. Then, other issues mean less.

and sometimes that thing can be helping people but do it selfishly. Put your politics aside and do it because it feels good to make a kid smile or to work alone aside people that actually want to be there. I work FT for money, some of the people i work with are happy, some bitter, some annoying, and some fun, but none them want to be there (if they do its not inspiration LOL .)

The mentality of its people, especially the government.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I think the biggest issue is economy. I'm a big believer in self sustaining communities, of citizens owning the businesses and cash flow in their communities. I think a people who doesn't control their economy truly controls nothing, including their leaders and their laws.

I think big business is the biggest killer of this, I think the US law system is designed to cater to big business, giving them a second major advantage over us on top of the natural advantage that comes with volume.

I believe in a completely different business structure in which people form partnerships rather than boss/employee relationships. I believe in rising with the people around you, rather than at their expense. This is a step which MUST be taken if we are ever to remove the invisible "faux" from in front of our visible democracy. If a people doesn't control their economy, they truly control nothing.

I'm not entirely sure yet, but I might end up changing the world
    Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

The list given by the op, most of those I think are very interconnected. Fix one of the problems and the others will fall in line. Social inequality is the place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

The list given by the op, most of those I think are very interconnected. Fix one of the problems and the others will fall in line. Social inequality is the place to start.
    And how do you fix that? Education! Educated and informed people will see that problem and change it. Ignorant, scared people think fixing the problem represents a loss or something bad happening to them.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    ]

They're definitely all interconnected.

Fix the education problem and the poor will eventually rise in class and can afford healthcare right?

Or fix the social inequality problem and suddenly minorities have as much access to education as their counterparts etc.

They're all connected one way or another but I guess it's all about where to start and how exactly to go about it
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast