Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    You guys don't think we have a shot at Blake? I think it's very realistic.
    I don't think so. I have nothing to back this up but I don't think Griffin wants to leave. I also don't think the Clippers want him to leave. It seems like they will extend both Paul and Griffin and make one or two more runs at this if they can ever stay healthy together.

You guys don't think we have a shot at Blake? I think it's very realistic.
    I would say its a long shot...but only if Blake wants to leave the Clippers. If he does want to leave the Clippers there are only so many teams where he would be a good fit, that are also already decent teams and he would be a nice fit in Boston.
    El Presidente

Gallanari will get around 25. It might be market value, but I'm not sure he puts the Celtics over the top in 2018. I do think he would make us better as a 6'10 SF/PF, but he would tie up money we need after for IT AB.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    With Brown growing and Hayward on the team what would we want with IT anymore?

He's not a 5. Want to max out Horford get a 5. He's drawn to showbiz, no way he wants to be here (high taxes, high cost, cold, boring), he appeals to teenagers (dunks, looks), he's oft injured as you mentioned. Don't see any serious mutual interest.

Hayward is about 2 years younger and less injury prone. They are fairly similar - I think Gallinari is more consistent on O and H better on D.

I'd take both over Griff.
    Hayward is better on both sides of the ball. Gallinari is a good player but is a solid sized step below Hayward.

what we really need is a big man who can rebound. Horford is a very good player, but he's not that guy who dominates the boards... need to find someone similar to Tristan Thompson who just absolutely owns the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    what we really need is a big man who can rebound. Horford is a very good player, but he's not that guy who dominates the boards... need to find someone similar to Tristan Thompson who just absolutely owns the boards.

Blake?? Lol

IT/Rozay/Jackson
    Bradley/Smart/Fultz
    Crowdah/JB/Jerebko
    Blake/Kelly/Guerschon
    Horford/zizic/Mickey

See if IT would agree to a less than Max extension or trade him.

Probably try to trade AB and have smart take over(or if we move on from IT have smart take his place)
    Last edited by CELTICS4LYFE; 03-16-2017 at 04:45 PM.

IT/Rozay/Jackson
    Bradley/Smart/Fultz
    Crowdah/JB/Jerebko
    Blake/Kelly/G
    Horford/zizic/Mickey

See if IT would agree to a less than Max extension or trade him.

Probably try to trade AB and have smart take over(or if we move on from IT have smart take his place)
    I don't see the C's moving AB... IMO he's a Celtic lifer...

Where is Yabs in your roster...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

If we draft Fultz, he is not going to be coming off the bench. You trade IT and maximize on what you can get for him. This team needs a legit 5. Horofrd is NOT a 5. He's a soft player, who I think is a good player, but not a bruiser. Also, I like Crowder, but JB needs to take over the starting role sometime next season.

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

Thank you Brooklyn for the first pick in the 2017 draft. Markelle <3

Quote Originally Posted by celticsman2009 View Post
    If we draft Fultz, he is not going to be coming off the bench. You trade IT and maximize on what you can get for him. This team needs a legit 5. Horofrd is NOT a 5. He's a soft player, who I think is a good player, but not a bruiser. Also, I like Crowder, but JB needs to take over the starting role sometime next season.
    Unless Fultz is all world from day 1, I think Stevens has shown how he handles his 1st round rookies... Slow and steady, but just enough to let them have an impact...

The best scenario that can happen for the C's is get the #1 pick > draft Fultz > Fultz explodes from the get > The 2nd unit has Fultz-Smart-JB leading the youth movement...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

The Celtics are a top team with the current roster. Horford/Crowder/AB/IT will most likely still be starting next season again. Danny should target Hayward or Gallanari. Even if we don't get a FA, I can't see anyone in this draft starting out the gate next year without injuries. I find it interesting that people are so quick to dismiss IT. I would like to see us stay competitive next season and beyond. If IT repeats this next season... He gets a Max deal without a doubt.

G was Guerschon Yabusele

One of IT/Bradley/Smart have to go next season...unless they come back for good deals
    Last edited by CELTICS4LYFE; 03-16-2017 at 05:08 PM.

G was Guerschon Yabusele

One of IT/Bradley/Smart have to go next season...unless they come back for good deals
    IT/Bradley will both be asking for a lot of money. After next season they are both Free Agents, it is best to trade one of them this off season instead of letting them walk. Especially if we land Fultz in the draft, there will be no need to have Both IT and Bradley signed to long term deals.

I would trade both, but that is unlikely.

Also Avery is having a pretty bad year defensively. He actually gets scored on at a higher percentage than any other player on the team who has played at least 20 games this year with a 47.1% opponent fg%. Worst on the celtics, even worst than the bigs on the team.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 03-20-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Boston Sports!!

Yeah that's why I was saying one them them have to go because they are all due for big contracts.

Stats on paper can be misleading. Those stats don't take into consideration that AB is always guarding the top scorer/ball handler on the opposing team

Blake?? Lol
    Blake's not leaving LA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast