3 30.00%
  • C

6 60.00%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I've been seeing a lot of different things about our FA group. We have signed I thinks it's now 13 players and traded for a pro bowl center. We still have more cap room than any other team in the league by about 5-6 million. We have picked 3 guys that have made probowls (garçon, Juice, Zuttah). 2 made it last year. All of them on offense which was horrible the last couple years. I like what we have done so far and I still don't think we are done picking up player to help this team yet. If we can pick up a G and LB between now and the draft we will be going into the draft with the offense just about set to take the field. We still need another WR, RB, and QB from the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Read all the posts. I don't have an issue with it. I just have an issue with expecting a #2 to be a #1.

Also, I don't believe in "we're not competing this year" that's chicken ****.
    How on earth is that chicken ****?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

My brother roasted me the other day. I was talking about the 49ers FA moves and I said "ESPN has rated the majority of our FA acquisitions a D" and my brother goes "So at least they got better"

Obviously, from a winning and talent standpoint I don't like our FA, but I do like it in that we aren't signing any potential mistakes or problems down the road. Fill out our roster while keeping flexibility for the future.

I am fine with Hoyer as our QB. He is good enough that he won't grind the offense to a screeching halt so we can actually evaluate which players are worth keeping yet he isn't so high priced he affects our cap in future seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    My brother roasted me the other day. I was talking about the 49ers FA moves and I said "ESPN has rated the majority of our FA acquisitions a D" and my brother goes "So at least they got better"

Obviously, from a winning and talent standpoint I don't like our FA, but I do like it in that we aren't signing any potential mistakes or problems down the road. Fill out our roster while keeping flexibility for the future.

I think they'll play competitively this year. We're gonna see a lot of L's, no doubt, but we were simply a laughing stock last year.

I gave it an A for the simple fact that I don't want us to spend a ton of money and try to compete. We need 1 more year fof good draft picks. We wont be spending all the money we have and many of the contracts aren't going to be on the books in 2 or 3 years when our younger guys are ready. it also allows us to draft young players that could really compete for playing time. We will be using Juice in a variety of ways so I don't mind the money we spent. I watched Hoyer here in houston and believe he is a good short term option. Like Garcon teaching the young guys and I like the direction we have taken. I think we are definitely heading in the right direction and set us up for a youth movement.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:31519995
    Read all the posts. I don't have an issue with it. I just have an issue with expecting a #2 to be a #1.

Also, I don't believe in "we're not competing this year" that's chicken ****.
    No it's just logical. Looking at the NFC, the odds of making a playoff push is almost nill. They haven't gone out and gotten any major names or spent much money. They are building a base for the team to grow from moving forward.
    I'm not saying they're going to push and make a playoff appearance. I'm just saying that running an offseason as if the season is already lost is chicken ****.

I agree that the team is rebuilding. However, there were young difference makes available. I just would've preferred they made that move since they still have $70M in cap space and fill the gaps. They only have 1 first round pick and several spots that need difference makers.

I'm not saying they're going to push and make a playoff appearance. I'm just saying that running an offseason as if the season is already lost is chicken ****.

I agree that the team is rebuilding. However, there were young difference makes available. I just would've preferred they made that move since they still have $70M in cap space and fill the gaps. They only have 1 first round pick and several spots that need difference makers.
    If you aren't making the playoffs then the season is lost. That's just realism.

Adding young high priced (and often never worth what they get) FA players makes no sense in the first year of a long rebuild.

Good drafting can fill difference makers with more than just a 1st. Certain teams have shown that. You add the high price FAs when you're making a run at a Lombardi, not hoping for a miracle wild card.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35:31524276

If you aren't making the playoffs then the season is lost. That's just realism.

Adding young high priced (and often never worth what they get) FA players makes no sense in the first year of a long rebuild.

Good drafting can fill difference makers with more than just a 1st. Certain teams have shown that. You add the high price FAs when you're making a run at a Lombardi, not hoping for a miracle wild card.
    Well they're almost definitely not going to now. I'm fine with them not paying the $14 per or more that Jeffrey wanted. I was hoping the suspension would push his price down a bit. Paying that much annually would be foolish in my opinion for a guy that's very good but probably topped out.

If they had signed Pryor at $10M per and been able to draft say Foster at #2 or traded back a few and probably still got him (assuming a trade partner) and then moved back in to the 1st for a guy like Tim Williams or Reddick...They'd be in a very good spot to make a run late this year and have playmakers signed for the next several years without any cap issues.

Well they're almost definitely not going to now. I'm fine with them not paying the $14 per or more that Jeffrey wanted. I was hoping the suspension would push his price down a bit. Paying that much annually would be foolish in my opinion for a guy that's very good but probably topped out.

If they had signed Pryor at $10M per and been able to draft say Foster at #2 or traded back a few and probably still got him (assuming a trade partner) and then moved back in to the 1st for a guy like Tim Williams or Reddick...They'd be in a very good spot to make a run late this year and have playmakers signed for the next several years without any cap issues.
    Yeah, but come on man, that's alot of "ifs" and "maybe if so and so was here", ya know?

Look at all the guys getting 1 year prove it deals, even big names. It's looking like the smart money was on not going after FAs because all these guys are probably in new places next year anyway. Only major miss was Bouye, but he got wayyyy too much even for what he did.

9 wins wasn't even a guarantee of a playoff spot last year, 5 out of 6 NFC teams had 10 wins or more. We don't have the roster to make a Harbaugh type turn around this time. 2017 is all but a throw away barring a miracle. They know it, why else would they give you 6 year deals to a in HC who has never HCed and a GM whose never GMed.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 03-19-2017 at 10:32 PM.

It's clear that NFL personnel evaluators see something in Pryor that they don't like. His best option was a low one year prove-it deal from probably the poorest run franchise in the NFL right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221:31525407
    It's clear that NFL personnel evaluators see something in Pryor that they don't like. His best option was a low one year prove-it deal from probably the poorest run franchise in the NFL right now.
    That's a good point and that's why I'm disappointed...But I'm not up in arms the way I was when they picked Jenkins. I wish they had brought in Pryor and I think they jumped the gun cutting Smith, but I'm not counting the regime out by any means.

I gave Baalke the benefit of the doubt when he took Smith over Quinn and Smith was seemingly headed toward a better career. Although I do wonder what Quinn may have been like with the system and personnel around him that Smith had. That's hindsight though. Just fun wondering...Haha.

I'm also curious to see if they make a late round offer to Cleveland if Gordon is reinstated. Assuming they don't pick Williams or Davis...Which I doubt.

That's a good point and that's why I'm disappointed...But I'm not up in arms the way I was when they picked Jenkins. I wish they had brought in Pryor and I think they jumped the gun cutting Smith, but I'm not counting the regime out by any means.

I gave Baalke the benefit of the doubt when he took Smith over Quinn and Smith was seemingly headed toward a better career. Although I do wonder what Quinn may have been like with the system and personnel around him that Smith had. That's hindsight though. Just fun wondering...Haha.

I'm also curious to see if they make a late round offer to Cleveland if Gordon is reinstated. Assuming they don't pick Williams or Davis...Which I doubt.
    i would really hope that they took a chance on him. he's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221:31525407

Agreed and not only was I up in arms when they selected AJ as our first pick but I called him a flat out bust immediately. This guy shows no passion or interest but take things for granted and when our legendary Jerry Rice challenge him to do "The Hill", he laugh it off like the **** that he is and knew Baalke needed to be replaced when it comes to making draft decisions cause it was like a pattern of stupidity on his part

Warriors are Champions by sacrificing their individual play for the team. You either win as a team or you don't win which we as fans appreciate!

I think the AJ Jenkins picks was damn near unanimous as a wth move. I've given us a B for the off season. I know we didn't make any splashy moves. However we added guys that know Shanahans system. It's regarded as a complex system. Adding these guys make it a lot easier for others around them to learn it. Thats big for me! Same with the defense. Smith was a great addition. Not because he's going to be an all pro, but because he's going to help our other LBs etc learn the defense.

I've said i'd still like to see them add Cutler. He still is loaded with talent and can make all the throws. I just believe that Shanahan can get 1 or 2 more great years out of him. Barkley is someone to keep an eye on too, IMO.

Another thing is, the special teams. Our special teams at this moment in time looks to be a huge strength. Jones, Coyle and Watson should make returning against us difficult.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast