3 30.00%
  • C

6 60.00%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    ^^^I wouldn't get your hopes up for Cutler. The team will draft a QB at some point and probably bring in an undrafted rookie to be a camp arm. Those four (Hoyer, Barkley, drafted rookie, undrafted rookie) will be what they enter camp with and three of those will make the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    I think the AJ Jenkins picks was damn near unanimous as a wth move. I've given us a B for the off season. I know we didn't make any splashy moves. However we added guys that know Shanahans system. It's regarded as a complex system. Adding these guys make it a lot easier for others around them to learn it. Thats big for me! Same with the defense. Smith was a great addition. Not because he's going to be an all pro, but because he's going to help our other LBs etc learn the defense.

I've said i'd still like to see them add Cutler. He still is loaded with talent and can make all the throws. I just believe that Shanahan can get 1 or 2 more great years out of him. Barkley is someone to keep an eye on too, IMO.

Another thing is, the special teams. Our special teams at this moment in time looks to be a huge strength. Jones, Coyle and Watson should make returning against us difficult.
    I gave the FO a big fat F after that pick and called him an obvious bust! Now I also didn't have us taking Alshon Jeffery either but wanted us to trade up for DeCastro since guard was our biggest need and knew he would be solid for us to help Gore and protect Smith. Baalke should have been gone after that stupid pick and would have if I was the owner...

Cubs are the world champions!

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    I gave the FO a big fat F after that pick and called him an obvious bust! Now I also didn't have us taking Alshon Jeffery either but wanted us to trade up for DeCastro since guard was our biggest need and knew he would be solid for us to help Gore and protect Smith. Baalke should have been gone after that stupid pick and would have if I was the owner...
    He's talking about this off-season, he was just adding his opinion to the Jenkins duscussion.

This off-season from a production / productive player standpoint is a C or C-. From a goal of tanking for 2017 standpoint, it was an A. No major ding the to the salary cap, a lot of noise to show the fans they are working, but overall probably minimal contribution by the collective, but maybe down the road it may help.

But considering the past several off-seasons have been an F on both accords... its a positive.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

2015-??? Lakers stink, Kings missed the playoffs, Giants are hanging in there, 49ers are staring at lean years ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    This off-season from a production / productive player standpoint is a C or C-. From a goal of tanking for 2017 standpoint, it was an A. No major ding the to the salary cap, a lot of noise to show the fans they are working, but overall probably minimal contribution by the collective, but maybe down the road it may help.

But considering the past several off-seasons have been an F on both accords... its a positive.
    I really feel the signings this year was to get good depth back on the team and next year is where we spend money to get substantially better.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

The roster is already significantly better than last year... and they maintained a lot of the cap to carry to next season.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345