Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Free Agency 2017

Already we brought back two previous players. What do you think the Steelers should do? Or who would you like to see them sign?

My dream signings:

Marcus Cooper CB (Cheap and can come in and start for us)

Valentino Blake CB (He could be a great 4th option at CB and Special team player, he played well as a starter with us, but many of us would have liked him to be a 4th CB than a starter and hopefully he comes in and is exactly that for our team).

Mario Williams OLB (Yes he previously was a DE and his numbers have declined, but maybe a change and rotation role can help him rekindle him into the pass rushing monster he once was).

Cordarrelle Patterson WR (was once suppose to go to Pittsburgh in a mock draft many moons ago, currently has shown amazing ability as a return man, and has made some incredible receiving plays as a WR for the Vikings. He can be a good 3-4 WR and a help us in the return game. He also adds a big play threat to our team).

Resigning Timmons (even though I feel Vince Williams can come in and many of our ILB's can step in and make an impact, I still want to see him stay a few more years and keep making plays for us.

Kevin Minter (If Timmons cannot be resigned then I would like us to take a shot at Minter as his replacement. He is a young starter and can tackle well, he would be a good replacement if we felt Williams could not once again handle the new role).

Bonus:

Draft

1st:
    Jabrill Peppers (Can play a Polamalu type role who can run around as a linebacker Safety hybrid. Even though he is not as fast as Troy was, I can see him being a very special player who teams have to be aware of).

2nd:

A pass rushing OLB.

Other options I would like to see join Pittsburgh:

Alterraun Verner CB, Connor Barwin OLB, Jairus Byrd S, Brandon Flowers CB, Zach Brown ILB, Adrian Peterson RB, Resign Deangelo Williams RB, Eddie Lacy RB.
    Last edited by mrbowflex1223; 03-10-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Just lost Timmons to the Dolphins

Looks like we may finally be actually

Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    Looks like we may finally be actually
    What does that even mean?

Jarvis Jones to the Cardinals.

sorry was typing from my phone. I meant finally being active. We signed Justin Hunter WR.

i dont mind the signing of Hunter, but i would have rather put the money towards the D.

I'm guessing its all Defense in the draft again which is fine by me but means a learning curve to keep up with the offense in terms of competing.

I am hoping with many teams releasing and shopping players after they drafted players (Gary Barnidge (TE) Browns, and Pryor (S) Jets). I hope we make some moves to sign and trade for these players to boost our team. So far I am happy with our picks. Many are not so happy with our 2nd round pick, but he was the best player on our draft board at that time. I wouldn't mind pulling a trade with maybe a 5th or 6th and Coates to the Jets for Pryor to add an additional player to our secondary. It is possible for other veterans to get released as well which may help us before next season to boost our team depth.

I would be psyched to get Barnidge but I would image Cleveland will go New England style and have 2 stud TE .
    I don't know who has done better but Cleveland and SF have done well for themselves

He was released by Cleveland yesterday afternoon

News to me. Hopefully we at least inquire.