Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Fake News

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    When a Muslim person did this, it was immediately called out as terrorism. No questions asked, they just knew the brown person was a terrorist.
    Well sure if you want to compound stupidity with more stupidity then go for it because that usually accomplishes a lot.

Also, the goal of terrorism is to push a political agenda so it typically doesn't take long for a group to claim responsibility so they can get the attention they seek.

Someone want to explain to me why the words "terrorist" or "terrorism" isn't mentioned once in this article?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-l...e=news_central
    Well, just quickly looking over the article I saw it called terrorism three times. Sure you posted the correct article?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Also, the goal of terrorism is to push a political agenda so it typically doesn't take long for a group to claim responsibility so they can get the attention they seek.
    There are politicians and voters in the U.K. that want to remove Muslims and their places of worship. The move is right in line with that goal. Make them feel unsafe so that they leave the country.

There are politicians and voters in the U.K. that want to remove Muslims and their places of worship. The move is right in line with that goal. Make them feel unsafe so that they leave the country.
    If the person or group responsible has a similar but specific ideology which they are attempting to advance via this attack then yes that would be terrorism.

But simply saying "I hate Muslims" or stupidly "seeking revenge" for previous attacks is not terrorism, that's a hate crime. They are equally horrible, in fact, IMO a hate crime is worse.

I don't understand liberals who are always saying "words matter" but yet want to divert from context so much.

Why does it get described as an act of terrorism when it's a Muslim person?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...ockholm-sweden

When a Muslim person did this, it was immediately called out as terrorism. No questions asked, they just knew the brown person was a terrorist.
    Well, I am not sure why you are ranting though. In the article you posted, there is this:

Finsbury Park attack: Theresa May condemns 'sickening' terror attack
    Prime Minister Theresa May says the terror attack near a north London mosque is "every bit as sickening" as other recent ones to hit the UK.
    It is the fourth terror attack in the UK in four months, after incidents in Westminster, Manchester and on London Bridge.
    She said the driver of the van acted alone, and police declared it a terrorist incident within eight minutes.
    It is a reminder that terrorism, extremism and hatred take many forms; and our determination to tackle them must be the same whoever is responsible.
    While this appears to be an attack on a particular community, like the terrible attacks in Manchester, Westminster and London Bridge it is also an assault on all our shared values of tolerance, freedom and respect," he added.
    BBC home affairs correspondent Dominic Casciani said it was not the first time that Muslims - and specifically visible Muslim targets, namely mosques - had been targeted in an act of terrorism in the UK.
    The threat from extreme right-wing groups has been growing in recent years, he said, noting that 16% of all terror arrests in the year to March were classed as "domestic extremism".
    And that's just reading half the article. I think it is sufficient to ask the question.... WTH are you taking about?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

They have modified the article. See how when you click the link it shows that it was changed 5 minutes ago?

Finsbury Park attack: Theresa May condemns 'sickening' terror attack
    5 minutes ago
    From the section UK
    When I saw the article this morning, it had a different title too.

Old title: Vehicle hits pedestrians in Finsbury Park

Current title: Finsbury Park attack: Theresa May condemns 'sickening' terror attack

I stand with my Muslim Brothers of planet earth against this sickening terrorist attack. There is no room for hate crimes of any kind in this world and the individual, if guilty, should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I also salute the Imam as a true man of peace, because he protected the man from being harmed after the shooting, in case he was mentally ill, etc.

Here's a quote from several articles:

"Mohammed Mahmoud, the imam from the Muslim Welfare House, stepped in to ensure the van driver was not hurt until he was bundled into a police van. We found that a group of people quickly started to collect around him ... and some tried to hit him either with kicks or punches. By God's grace we managed to surround him and to protect him from any harm," Mahmoud told reporters. We stopped all forms of attack and abuse towards him that were coming from every angle."

The attack actually occurred around the corner from the Mosque in front of the Muslim Welfare House, which was where the imam protected the man.

As for whether it was a terrorist attack, every article that I read said that it was a terrorist attack, that it targeted Muslims, etc. It was reported on FOX news nearly the minute it occurred as an apparent terrorist attack on Muslims, leaving a Muslim mosque. The MSN articles that I read this morning said the same thing.

Why does it get described as an act of terrorism when it's a Muslim person?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...ockholm-sweden
    I understand what you're trying to convey and I agree, some of it is just ignorance. Some of it is because newspapers and buzz words sell- terrorism, racism, storm of the century, etc.

However, according to the article you posted, the guy was already caught as well as an accomplice. I assume law enforcement has some evidence to suggest this guy had a terroristic motive. Motives are different and typically people who are trying to push a political agenda, make that known.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I understand what you're trying to convey and I agree, some of it is just ignorance. Some of it is because newspapers and buzz words sell- terrorism, racism, storm of the century, etc.

However, according to the article you posted, the guy was already caught as well as an accomplice. I assume law enforcement has some evidence to suggest this guy had a terroristic motive. Motives are different and typically people who are trying to push a political agenda, make that known.
    I didn't post the text of the article, though I wish I did, but the article in the morning made zero reference to terrorism. Thankfully my tweet this morning preserved the article's old headline

I didn't post the text of the article, though I wish I did, but the article in the morning made zero reference to terrorism. Thankfully my tweet this morning preserved the article's old headline
    That article I quoted was about a man in Sweden accused of terrorism. You asked why it was descibed as terrorism when it's a Muslim.

I said that while I agree there's a certain amount of ignorance when it comes to the Muslim-terrorist connection, that also terrorism as a motive is typically uncovered rather easily because the person wants the political agenda to be known. In the article it stated that there seems to be evidence supporting this claim so saying it's only because he's Muslim is not true.

There's a difference between terrorism, assignation and hate as motives for a crime. There's no different in terms how horrible the act just the definition of the motive.

Killing Muslims as some stupid plot for revenge or just because you don't like them is not terrorism, it's a hate crime.

Killing civilians because you want to advance you political/religious ideology is terrorism.

They have modified the article. See how when you click the link it shows that it was changed 5 minutes ago?

When I saw the article this morning, it had a different title too.

Old title: Vehicle hits pedestrians in Finsbury Park

Current title: Finsbury Park attack: Theresa May condemns 'sickening' terror attack
    Yea, looks like they put the counter terror squad in charge of this operation, so they are def approaching it like terrorism. And to be honest, I feel like they did that just to show the muslim community that hey, we aren't trying to single you out, we take every incident just as serious. If that's the case, good for them.

I can't speak on other places, but here in fresno, our relations are great. When that gunman went rogue a couple months back, you didn't see the word terrorism or muslim terrorist anywhere in the media (other than a few of fnk's personal favorite websites, lmao), and that's because as soon as it happened, we were ALL in communication with each other. ALL 4 major mosques were in constant communication with the Fresno pd, working with them and trying to find out who this guy was, and if there were any more people we should be worried about. We had their back, and so their response was they had our back, and that's why any of that terrorist crap was straight up deaded from the jump. The FIRST public address the cops deaded all that muslim terrorist crap, didn't give media a chance to go with that sensationalized bs and so it never caught. Also all 4 mosques showed up at the court house to publicly address the community.

News tell you one thing, but on the ground its different.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Thank god

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445