Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake News

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Fox and Friends apologize. But hey, it's all good because Foxnews dot com got to post the false information front and center on their website for most of all of yesterday. Mission accomplished!

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po...-20170711.html
    any "misleading" from FoxNews doesn't change the classified info in the memos.
    Fox in their article linked the article from TheHill.
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...ned-classified
    I'm not going to post the entire article, just to show that the original article from TheHill is not fakenews and says memos "have been determined to contain classified information".
    More than half of the memos former FBI Director James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The Washington Post didn't get that wrong, everybody did, including

Fox News:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...-says.amp.html

The Hill:

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.c...g-report%3Famp

And even Breitbart:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.breit...sia-probe/amp/

What's funny is you're only mad we won't tolerate alt-right news sources because you mistakenly think it's because they get things wrong. It's not. It's because they intentionally lie to push an agenda.

Hypocritical is you slobbering over Breitbart and hating the Washington Post when both are wrong about the same story. The reason is one is your ideology.

Simply put: you don't know how to read news and determine what is real or what is fake, we've caught you numerous times here posting fake news because you read your alt-right sources and blindly believed them. Your a child, an infant with no ability to think for themselves.

You don't like any media that disagrees with what your alt-right overlords tell you because it requires you to think critically and analyze your opinions. And Lord knows you can't have that.

the Fox source has this..
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...urce-says.html
    Comey wanted more resources for Russia probe, sources say
    that talks about Comey asking for more "resources". not funds, not money.

this is the link from Washington Post.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.11e566e8c498
    the title in that link says this.
    Comey sought more resources for Russia probe days before he was fired by President Trump, officials say
    but notice the link itself and what it says.
    "comey-sought-more-money"
    if it is being talked about Comey requesting resources, then why does this link have money right in the link.

(TheHill also has funding in their link)

that issue still doesn't include the report that Rosenstein threatened to quit, that was debunked.

any websites/media that uses unnamed/anonymous sources that can end up being wrong (including Fox) deserve to be questioned. YOU (and your side) have no problem questioning Fox but when it comes to questioning the other sources from your side you don't say ****. either start criticizing the media on your side when they have stories wrong or you're a hypocrite.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-fox-...122426598.html

Fox News admits they were wrong about report saying Comey had classified information in emails.
    is TheHill going to make a correction/retract/apologize? because Fox got their story by linking thehill.com. by typically you and your side only have an issue with Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    any "misleading" from FoxNews doesn't change the classified info in the memos.
    Fox in their article linked the article from TheHill.
    I'm not going to post the entire article, just to show that the original article from TheHill is not fakenews and says memos "have been determined to contain classified information".
    They said he leaked classified information to the media. There is nothing to suggest that he did just that.

They misinterpreted The Hill's article. That's on them. That's them misleading, not The Hill. The Hill reported that more than half his memos contained classified info, and Fox News took that and spun it as "he leaked classified info". Nothing in The Hill's article suggested that. Perhaps what was leaked was not that classified stuff...Comey's not an idiot and has no history of leaking classified info. That was just wishful thinking from Fox News.
    this my sig

Here's an article on Trump promising a major speech damaging to Hillary hours after Trump Jr. set up the meeting.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tea...011249078.html

Notice who found and flagged the announcement of the speech from Trump? Yeah, a Washington Post reporter.

That's good journalism folks.

That was pure reality TV then, Trump or Roger Stone would predict when a big WIKI leak news dump on Hillary would come out. Now it seems they had advance knowledge from "special friends"

Here's an article on Trump promising a major speech damaging to Hillary hours after Trump Jr. set up the meeting.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tea...011249078.html

Notice who found and flagged the announcement of the speech from Trump? Yeah, a Washington Post reporter.

That's good journalism folks.
    Since I love Twitter oh so much, I'd like to credit the guy who I think pointed it out first. Saw it yesterday. Suspicious, for sure.

this my sig

It's really amazing to see Watergate happening right before your eyes rather than just hearing about it and reading about it in a history book. Fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    They said he leaked classified information to the media. There is nothing to suggest that he did just that.

They misinterpreted The Hill's article. That's on them. That's them misleading, not The Hill. The Hill reported that more than half his memos contained classified info, and Fox News took that and spun it as "he leaked classified info". Nothing in The Hill's article suggested that. Perhaps what was leaked was not that classified stuff...Comey's not an idiot and has no history of leaking classified info. That was just wishful thinking from Fox News.
    I agree with the bold. Fox took this and mislead/misinterpreted.
    my point is separate from that.

don't let the Fox story take away from everything in the story from thehill.
    since this is the thread already discussing this story I'm going to assume I can continue this and talk about this in relation to Comey..

More than half of the memos former FBI Director James Comey wrote as personal recollections of his conversations with President Trump about the Russia investigation have been determined to contain classified information, according to interviews with officials familiar with the documents.

This revelation raises the possibility that Comey broke his own agency’s rules and ignored the same security protocol that he publicly criticized Hillary Clinton over in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election.

Comey testified last month before the Senate Intelligence Committee that he considered the memos to be personal documents and that he shared at least one of them with a friend. He asked that friend, a law professor at Columbia University, to leak information from one memo to the news media in hopes of increasing pressure to get a special prosecutor named in the Russia case after Comey was fired as FBI director.

“So you didn’t consider your memo or your sense of that conversation to be a government document?” Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) asked Comey on June 8. “You considered it to be, somehow, your own personal document that you could share to the media as you wanted through a friend?”

“Correct,” Comey answered. “I understood this to be my recollection recorded of my conversation with the president. As a private citizen, I thought it important to get it out.”

Comey insisted in his testimony he believed his personal memos were unclassified, though he hinted one or two documents he created might have been contained classified information.

“I immediately prepared an unclassified memo of the conversation about Flynn and discussed the matter with FBI senior leadership,” he testified about the one memo he later leaked about former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

He added, “My view was that the content of those unclassified memorialization of those conversations was my recollection recorded.”

But when the seven memos Comey wrote regarding his nine conversations with Trump about Russia earlier this year were shown to Congress in recent days, the FBI claimed all were, in fact, deemed to be government documents.

While the Comey memos have been previously reported, this is the first time there has been a number connected to the amount of memos the ex-FBI chief wrote.

Four of the memos had markings making clear they contained information classified at the secret or confidential level, according to officials directly familiar with the matter.

A spokesman for the FBI on Sunday declined to comment.

FBI policy forbids any agent from releasing classified information or any information from ongoing investigations or sensitive operations without prior written permission, and it mandates that all records created during official duties are considered to be government property.

“Unauthorized disclosure, misuse, or negligent handling of information contained in the files, electronic or paper, of the FBI or which I may acquire as an employee of the FBI could impair national security, place human life in jeopardy, result in the denial of due process, prevent the FBI from effectively discharging its responsibilities, or violate federal law,” states the agreement all FBI agents sign.

It adds that “all information acquired by me in connection with my official duties with the FBI and all official material to which I have access remain the property of the United States of America” and that an agent “will not reveal, by any means, any information or material from or related to FBI files or any other information acquired by virtue of my official employment to any unauthorized recipient without prior official written authorization by the FBI.”

Comey indicated in his testimony that the memos were in his possession when he left the bureau, leaving him in a position to leak one of them through his friend to the media. But he testified that he has since turned them over to Robert Mueller, a former FBI chief who is now spearheading the investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the presidential race.

It is not clear whether Comey as director signed the same agreement as his agents, but the contract is considered the official policy of the bureau. It was also unclear when the documents were shown to Congress whether the information deemed secret or confidential was classified at the time Comey wrote the memos or determined so afterward, the sources said.

Congressional investigators had already begun examining whether Comey’s creation, storage and sharing of the memos violated FBI rules, but the revelation that four of the seven memos included some sort of classified information opens a new door of inquiry into whether classified information was mishandled, improperly stored or improperly shared.

That was the same issue for which the FBI investigated Clinton, a former secretary of State in the Obama administration, in 2015 and 2016 under Comey. Clinton used a private email server during her tenure that at times contained classified material.

Comey ultimately concluded in July 2016 that Clinton’s email practices were reckless, but that he could not recommend prosecution because FBI agents had failed to find enough evidence that she intended to violate felony statutes prohibiting the transmission of classified information through insecure practices. Clinton at the time was the Democratic nominee for president.

“Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of the classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information," he said in a decision panned by Republicans and embraced by Democrats.

Now, congressional investigators are likely to turn their attention to the same issues to determine if Comey mishandled any classified information in his personal memos.

In order to make an assessment, congressional investigators will have to tackle key questions, such as where and how the memos were created, including whether they were written on an insecure computer or notepad; where and how the memos were stored, such as inside Comey's home, in a briefcase or on an insecure laptop; whether any memos were shown to private individuals without a security clearance and whether those memos contained any classified information; and when was it determined by the government that the memos contained classified information — before Comey took them and shared one or after.

One avenue for answering those questions is for a panel like Senate Intelligence, House Intelligence or Senate Judiciary to refer the matter to the Justice Department’s internal watchdog, the inspector general, or to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and its inspector general, aides said.
    the red/bold is important.
    will not reveal, by any means, any information or material from or related to FBI files or any other information acquired by virtue of my official employment to any unauthorized recipient without prior official written authorization by the FBI
    will not reveal by any means any information, without authorization by the FBI. once Comey was fired and before he revealed the memo to his friend, he was no longer with the FBI and then could not give himself authorization.

I guess I shouldn't find it so comical that you people are talking abut whether Trump knew, in the fake news thread.
    ..all about a meeting with a nobody, and where no information was provided because she did not actually have any information.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...nderson-cooper

Gorka debates ‘fake news’ with CNN’s Anderson Cooper
    Deputy Assistant to President Trump Sebastian Gorka clashed with CNN’s Anderson Cooper in a heated exchange Wednesday in which Gorka called CNN’s reporting on the latest revelations in the probe into alleged ties between the Trump campaign “laughable.”

“It’s laughable. Your chyron talked about a bunker mentality. I actually work in the West Wing, I work in the White House. It is absolutely nothing of the kind,” Gorka told Cooper on “Anderson Cooper 360.”

“We are pushing the ‘Make America Great Again' agenda, the president is a steam locomotive that cannot be stopped, it’s just fake news. I’m sad to see CNN fall to this. I know you want salacious, sensational coverage for your ratings, so your corporate sponsors and owners will have more money but that’s not media, that’s not reportage, it’s just fake news,” he continued.

“Okay, I’m just going to ignore the insults because I don’t think it really gets us anywhere,” Cooper fired back.

The exchange comes after The New York Times reported Donald Trump Jr. arranged a meeting during the 2016 campaign with a Russian lawyer who promised to turn up dirt on Democratic rival Hillary Clinton. Jared Kushner and Trump’s then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort also attended the meeting.

Trump Jr. released a chain of emails on Tuesday, in which one message from the intermediary setting of the meeting reads, the information “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father."

Cooper pressed Gorka on a tweet posted by the president on Wednesday saying the media often makes up its sources, despite the fact that Trump Jr.’s released email chain confirms The Time’s reporting.

"I’m giving you an opportunity right now to correct what the president said this morning. Because what he’s alleging is that the reporting is fake and in fact, his son’s own email chain shows that it’s accurate. Do you deny that?” Cooper said.

“No, I deny the fact that there is anything here that is untoward. Again this is an obsessive nine-month campaign,” Gorka said.

After continuing to go back and forth on Trump Jr.’s email, Gorka said, “I thought we were going to talk about real issues, like what we’re doing with our allies in France, defeating ISIS.”

“I am going to ask you but you’re not being honest, you’re not being upfront,” Cooper responded.

“How many minutes are we in?” Gorka said.

“Are you a TV producer now?"Cooper shot back. "You’re concerned about how many minutes we’ve been talking? Do you have somewhere else to go? If you gotta go, you gotta go."

The exchange is the latest point of contention between the cable network and the White House.

The president, who frequently calls CNN “fake news,” caused controversy when he tweeted a video of him beating a man with the CNN logo superimposed on his face last week.
    I bold the part because this is an agenda with CNN to push anti Trump news to try and help in their ratings. but CNN doesn't get very good ratings.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/34...siness-anymore

Gorka taunts CNN over ratings lower than Nick At Nite
    Sebastian Gorka, President Trump's deputy assistant, mocked CNN's ratings on its morning program "New Day" on Tuesday, stating in a contentious interview with co-anchor Alisyn Camerota that "more people watch Nick at Nite cartoons than CNN today."

The interview started out cordially as the two discussed Iraqi forces defeating ISIS to win back the city of Mosul, the country's second-largest city.

But matters soon got heated when Camerota pivoted to the Trump administration and Russia.

Camerota asked Gorka if he thought it was a good idea for Donald Trump Jr. to take a meeting with a Russian lawyer with ties to the Kremlin.

Gorka responded by asking Camerota if it was "a good idea for the [Democratic National Committee] to send its operatives to the Ukrainian Embassy?”

"Is it possible that your team is obsessed with the Clintons?" Camerota shot back.

"No. We’d like you to actually do your job. You aren’t in the news business anymore," Gorka replied. "You used to be. You are in the attacking President Trump business. And it’s sad. It’s really sad."

"It’s interesting. Look, I know you have to go, and I didn’t even want to go down this rabbit hole with you. When you take shots at us and at journalism, at CNN," Camerota said before being interrupted by Gorka.

"Not journalism. CNN," he said.

Camerota said Gorka was the one who asked to appear on the network.

"OK. When you take shots at CNN, I do feel that I must respond and just point out that you called us yesterday to come on here."

"That’s what we do," Gorka replied.

The 46-year-old Gorka also jabbed CNN's ratings.

Recent ratings have shown Fox News and MSNBC at No. 1 and No. 2 in basic cable, respectively. CNN ranks at No. 13, behind Nickelodeon, which airs the Nick at Nite programming block nightly starting at 10 p.m.

Overall, CNN is up about 50 percent year-over-year in the last quarter, though most cable news channels are seen increased ratings in 2017. And CNN has dipped noticeably in the past few weeks, including being unable to break 800,000 in total viewers on Friday in prime time. Most Fox News and MSNBC programs triple and double CNN's numbers, respectively.

“The amount of time you spend in desperation on a topic that has plummeted you to 13th place in viewership ranking across America, more people watch Nick at Nite cartoons than CNN today,” Gorka said.

“Our ratings are doing just fine,” Camerota said. “If you want to go there, our ratings are doing just fine.”

“Nick at Nite is [in 11th place],” Gorka said. “More people are interested in cartoons!”

This is the second contentious interview between a Trump administration official and CNN's morning program in recent days.

On Monday, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway asked Chris Cuomo on Monday if the anchor was embarrassed "to talk more about Russia than America."

The interview primarily focused on Trump's meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday and whether Trump pressed Putin on Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

"CNN spent a full week-plus doing nothing but having these headlines saying President Trump is not expected to bring up Russian interference with President Putin," said Conway, referring to an oft-repeated CNN report that Trump wouldn't broach the election interference topic with Putin.

"He made it top of the agenda. It was first on the list. He pressed him early and often," Conway continued.

“Did he press him or ask him whether he did it?” Cuomo asked.

“But that’s not good enough" Conway retorted. "Did CNN say he wasn’t going to mention it at all or didn’t they? Oh, they did. We have this great montage. People say stuff that isn’t true.”

“I stand by my reporting on it," Cuomo responded.

Yea people update their government forms all the time to accommodate fake news. Yep that's totally something that it doesn't require a single digit of brain cells to believe.

this is sad and pathetic for CNN.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...al-anthem.html

CNN anchor mistakes Star-Spangled Banner for French national anthem
    CNN anchor Poppy Harlow mistook the Star-Spangled Banner for the French national anthem, while covering President Trump's arrival in the country Thursday.

Trump is in France to meet with President Emmanuel Macron, before celebrating Bastille Day together. Trump and Macron shook hands during the arrival, and a band played the United States' national anthem.

But despite Harlow’s pedigreed education at Minneapolis’ exclusive Blake School and the prestigious Columbia University, she seemed to not realize it was her country’s national anthem.

Harlow voiced over the event: “Let’s just listen in to the French National Anthem for just a moment.”

It was moments before Harlow noticed her mistake. Whispers could be heard in the background of the CNN set, and Harlow corrected the error.

“The U.S., American national anthem, I should say,” Harlow said with a chuckle. “Let’s listen.”

The gaffe comes as the news organization has been under siege by the Trump administration, with the president repeatedly characterizing them as “Fake News.”

You tell that "stupid *****"! How dare she....what did she do wrong again? Oh right misspoke. Yea **** her!

I think someone who goes to great lengths to defend Trump shouldn't call someone who misspeaks "sad" and "pathetic".

Glass houses and all

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I think someone who goes to great lengths to defend Trump shouldn't call someone who misspeaks "sad" and "pathetic".

Glass houses and all
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You tell that "stupid *****"! How dare she....what did she do wrong again? Oh right misspoke. Yea **** her!
    did she really misspeak as in oops I meant the American anthem? sure that's possible. something to remember.
    so one can be allowed to misspeak about something and be off the hook and not criticized? just checking because I'm sure there are times when Trump and those on his side are going to misspeak, and now you can no longer criticize them because they are entitled to misspeak about something.

did she really misspeak as in oops I meant the American anthem? sure that's possible. something to remember.
    so one can be allowed to misspeak about something and be off the hook and not criticized? just checking because I'm sure there are times when Trump and those on his side are going to misspeak, and now you can no longer criticize them because they are entitled to misspeak about something.
    If Trump misspeaks and makes a mistake, that's one thing. But if he makes a mistake in a tweet or a planned speech, then that's an entirely different thing. I also have very different standards for "generic TV host" and "leader of the free world".

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/politi...CNNPolitics=Tw

A second-by-second analysis of the Trump-Macron handshake
    CNN
    Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
    why is this news?
    for one who really cares about a second by second break down of a handshake. then on top of that this is the opinion of one person about the second by second handshake.
    I didn't even read anything about this because it's not even worth my time. this is a sad excuse for journalism.

Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast