Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1406

Thread: Fake News

It still amazes me how some people can be so up in arms about media lying and so completely OK with President Trump lying.

If Trump says two things, then statistically one of them is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It still amazes me how some people can be so up in arms about media lying and so completely OK with President Trump lying.
    How do you know Trump lies? Because the lying liberal media points it out? DOUBLE LIE THEREFORE NO LIE! no backsies.

....that's how. Trump and his base have created a mindless, factless world, which simply lashes out and screams "fake" "wrong" for any accusation and politically speaking, there is no defense for that level of nonsense. Blind tribal loyalty is impervious to anything from twitter lies to money laundering by the Trump Organization. This is the new low.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    How do you know Trump lies? Because the lying liberal media points it out? DOUBLE LIE THEREFORE NO LIE! no backsies.

....that's how. Trump and his base have created a mindless, factless world, which simply lashes out and screams "fake" "wrong" for any accusation and politically speaking, there is no defense for that level of nonsense. Blind tribal loyalty is impervious to anything from twitter lies to money laundering by the Trump Organization. This is the new low.
    But we have audio and video of him saying clearly contradictory and lying things lol

But we have audio and video of him saying clearly contradictory and lying things lol
    It doesn't matter. They'd rather cling to a terrible person than to ever admit being wrong about anything. Being wrong, would be weak and that doesn't work for people in the Trump camp.

Here's a piece as a reminder that the crackdown on whistleblowers and leaks isn't a new Trump-thing: https://theintercept.com/2018/01/03/...war-on-terror/

I don't think anyone knows what Trump is told. people assume anything Trump says that isn't 100% factually proven true must be a lie, but that is not what a lie is. if Trump is told something and then repeats that assuming what he has been told is true, then that is not a lie.

I would expect Trump as a politician to say things that are not factually true. this is nothing new and something politicians have been doing for a very long time. Republicans/Democrats, they all tell lies.
    when it comes to the media we should expect the media to report with honesty. we don't have that.

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't think anyone knows what Trump is told. people assume anything Trump says that isn't 100% factually proven true must be a lie, but that is not what a lie is. if Trump is told something and then repeats that assuming what he has been told is true, then that is not a lie.

I would expect Trump as a politician to say things that are not factually true. this is nothing new and something politicians have been doing for a very long time. Republicans/Democrats, they all tell lies.
    when it comes to the media we should expect the media to report with honesty. we don't have that.
    Are you trying to free Trump from blame for saying blatantly wrong things? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. At the very least he should be vetting what he hears to see if it's actually true before repeating it.

And that is only for things he said that were blatantly wrong (of which there are many), even discounting those he has a tremendous amount of actual lies that he has said as well.

No wonder you believe as you do, no one should be held accountable for saying wrong things if they simply repeat wrong things others have said.

Did you know Trump is secretly a Russian spy? I mean, I don't know if that's true or not but I was told it was so I don't have to take responsibility for that being wrong if it is. That is stupid. You don't get to say wrong things constantly and then claim you heard them from someone else. Bottom line: stop repeating things others are saying if you don't know whether it's true or not.

Trump is not a politician.

He's a moronic businessman who accidentally marketed his way into the presidency.

So we find out who wins next week. Right?
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Are you trying to free Trump from blame for saying blatantly wrong things? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. At the very least he should be vetting what he hears to see if it's actually true before repeating it.

And that is only for things he said that were blatantly wrong (of which there are many), even discounting those he has a tremendous amount of actual lies that he has said as well.

No wonder you believe as you do, no one should be held accountable for saying wrong things if they simply repeat wrong things others have said.

Did you know Trump is secretly a Russian spy? I mean, I don't know if that's true or not but I was told it was so I don't have to take responsibility for that being wrong if it is. That is stupid. You don't get to say wrong things constantly and then claim you heard them from someone else. Bottom line: stop repeating things others are saying if you don't know whether it's true or not.
    it all depends on what he said that turned out to be wrong, and who told him that.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Trump reads something online and/or hears something on TV that turns out to not be factually accurate, but Trump repeats it without checking to see whether it was accurate or not. by definition that is not a lie. that doesn't mean he isn't responsible for what he said. he should be fact checking more so that he isn't repeating things that aren't true, especially if it's something simple to check.

it all depends on what he said that turned out to be wrong, and who told him that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump reads something online and/or hears something on TV that turns out to not be factually accurate, but Trump repeats it without checking to see whether it was accurate or not. by definition that is not a lie. that doesn't mean he isn't responsible for what he said. he should be fact checking more so that he isn't repeating things that aren't true, especially if it's something simple to check.
    So the argument is he's not lying he's just constantly wrong?

And again, this is not discussing the over a dozen documented instances of him actually flat out lying (as in knowing the truth and stating something different than the truth).

So the argument is he's not lying he's just constantly wrong?

And again, this is not discussing the over a dozen documented instances of him actually flat out lying (as in knowing the truth and stating something different than the truth).
    there is a difference in lying where he would know what he is saying is not true and/or intentionally deceiving people, and saying something that he believes but ends up being wrong.

I can't dispute him saying things that he would know are false without knowing anything specific on what he said, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had done that.

this argument also doesn't include the media. I'm not surprised that any politician says things that are not true, and regardless of Trump's past he is now involved in politics and a politician. but when it comes to the media it is their job to make sure they are reporting things that are true. we just naturally expect better from media.

there is a difference in lying where he would know what he is saying is not true and/or intentionally deceiving people, and saying something that he believes but ends up being wrong.

I can't dispute him saying things that he would know are false without knowing anything specific on what he said, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had done that.

this argument also doesn't include the media. I'm not surprised that any politician says things that are not true, and regardless of Trump's past he is now involved in politics and a politician. but when it comes to the media it is their job to make sure they are reporting things that are true. we just naturally expect better from media.
    I know, I'm saying he's done both, frequently.

I know, I'm saying he's done both, frequently.
    I love the argument that he’s incompetent. Well, he’s not lying, he just doesn’t read. I mean sometimes he lies, but only because he doesn’t know stuff. Back to circular argument about liberal media. Blah blah blah

Page 89 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast