Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Darkhouse Contenders down the stretch

Who are your darkhorse contenders down the stretch for both conferences?

For me:

East

TBay in the East. They'll be getting Stamkos back, and would have to be playing good hockey just to make the playoffs. Teams that are on rolls come playoff time are usually tough and it could be a perfect storm for the Lightning to get healthy and be playing good.
    West

West

I want to say LA but I'm starting to think they don't make the playoffs and/or their goal scoring woes won't fix themselves before. So I'll go with Edmonton and it's not just the McJesus factor. The unsung hero for the Oilers has been Talbot, and I think he can be a difference maker in keeping the Oilers in a series, especially if teams clamp down on McDavid. They also have lots of scorers who aren't performing, but can always re-emerge in the playoffs.

Yours>?

The Lost Boys of PSD

I agree with Tampa. But not with Edmonton. I think they are going to learn a lesson the hard way in round 1. To be honest, I don't see any sleepers in the West. Out of the teams not currently in a playoff spot, then I'd probably go LA but I also think they are gonna miss. If I had to choose somebody, I'd say Anaheim I guess. But I don't see any big surprises in the West.

I don't think a dark horse will make it to the conference finals but if i had to choose i'd say Montreal and Calgary, who also play each other tonight

check out Carey Price behind a Julien coached team

WPG : .938
    NYR: .933
    NYI: .913
    TOR: .941
    CBJ: 1.00
    NSH: .960
    NYR: .963
    VAN: .964

Islanders getting healthy and hot at the right time
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I want to say Toronto.
    I love their rookies plus guys like JVR, Bozak, and Kadri but their goaltending isn't great.

I'd go Isles as well. They have come so far after such a terrible start to the season. They are definitely dangerous.

Islanders are 4-3-1 in their last 8 games...not exactly the hottest team around. They just aren't a very good team.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Islanders are 4-3-1 in their last 8 games...not exactly the hottest team around. They just aren't a very good team.
    add Bruins, can't count this team out

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I want to say Toronto.
    I love their rookies plus guys like JVR, Bozak, and Kadri but their goaltending isn't great.

I'd go Isles as well. They have come so far after such a terrible start to the season. They are definitely dangerous.
    Goaltending isn't the issue really, it's the defense. The Leafs D is pretty awful. Once you get past Rielly, Gardiner and Zaitsev, there's nobody. And with Rielly struggling with an ankle sprain, and Zaitsev starting to look tired in his first NHL season, it can look really ugly at times. Can't blame Andersen for that.
    Last edited by Halladay; 03-17-2017 at 02:43 AM.