Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What player could you see pulling off what Dirk did in 2011?

Was surprised to find Melo around the same age as Dirk during that miraculous run. Would it really such a stretch for someone like him to still attain that ultimate moment?

I remember what a joke everyone on that Dallas team had become around that time, not to be harsh but without that run we remember Dirk for his vulnerabilities vs Miami/GS, we lol at Marion's ego for ever thinking leaving Steve Nash was a good idea, ditto for Cubes. Jason Kidd doesn't lose much but the "Kidd trade" retains its fail stamp, possibly. Deshaun never backs up his Bron beef. The Jet loses the most, his entire big clutch shooter stems mostly from this run, overall he becomes known as the biggest playoff underachiever and has to get his tat removed. Peja comes in 2nd, without the tat removal of course.

Might not be possible today but I dont think it should take another decade.

I didn't leave my bed, because I was like, 'Man, if I walk outside somebody might just try to hit me with their car or say anything negative to me

-Beta B KD
    Bill Burr on the Warriors/Fans of the NBA

I could see Marc Gasol doing it with the right mix of veteran role players and health, like Dirk had. Even though the 2011 team had some injuries (Butler being the notable one) they still had a balanced 8 man rotation, which is all you really need in the NBA playoffs even if you've got an old roster. The main difference would obviously be that Gasol wouldn't score as much, and may not even lead his team in scoring, but his overall impact would probably make it clearly his chip.

You mean having the so called best player in the game, avg under 2pts for 4 straight 4th qtrs in the Final's.

There can always be another Dirk, so as long as the other team main player doesn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

I might be crazy for saying this but, if everything broke correctly and other teams had some injuries or a LeBron level choke job I could see Isaiah Thomas getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by LOb0:31505639
    I might be crazy for saying this but, if everything broke correctly and other teams had some injuries or a LeBron level choke job I could see Isaiah Thomas getting it done.
    Agreed. Was gonna say him as well but maybe I'm just caught in the moment. Then again, he does have a good team around him so..

Free As Seagull.

other then kristrap?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Any current players? I don't think so... The player would need to be capable of being the best player on the planet... At the time it was LeBron, but for the postseason Dirk turned it up.

People (mostly Heat fans) want to pretend like it's all LeBron James' fault... no... Dirk just took it away from them. He was hungrier... After the refs gave the chip to the Heat in 06', the Mavs retooled with hungry vets... Dirk wasn't going to let Wade and the Heat steal another one from him. Peja, Marion, Kidd... all hungry role players. Hard to imagine lightning striking the same place twice.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by LOb0 View Post
    Try winning a playoff series under Brad Stevens first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    You mean having the so called best player in the game, avg under 2pts for 4 straight 4th qtrs in the Final's.

There can always be another Dirk, so as long as the other team main player doesn't show up.
    exactly

now go back and watch him destroy a way better team defense in the previous round and its clear as day he was either told by the higher ups to freeze himself out or just decided to play like **** only to showcase what he is truly made of the following Finals in 2012, he clearly was not engaged in that Dallas series unless he was still shell shocked from that 07' beat down from the Spurs

There is no way a Thibs style defense can get destroyed by Lebron then next round a Jason Terry guarded Lebron can get self checked, along with a old but reliable Marion as the other defender, that reaks of a fix in my book

the Mavs reminded me of a baseball team catching fire the final month and carrying over to the postseason, they caught fire at the right time and Dirk went into Hulk mode

Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Try winning a playoff series under Brad Stevens first.
    Okay so I'll wait till next month.

DeRozan had a strong start, then fell off a bit, but lately he's been real clutch. I think if Lowry gets back mostly healthy and able to contribute, they might be able to upset Cleveland if DeRozan stays this hot.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    other then kristrap?
    So you're saying Kristaps will go a LONG time without a ring, look like it may never happen, then suddenly win one near the tail end of his peak?

I didn't leave my bed, because I was like, 'Man, if I walk outside somebody might just try to hit me with their car or say anything negative to me

-Beta B KD
    Bill Burr on the Warriors/Fans of the NBA

Well according to Colin Cowherd anybody who is physical and tough can get it done because Dirk is a top 60 player in his eyes because he's too finesse

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    So you're saying Kristaps will go a LONG time without a ring, look like it may never happen, then suddenly win one near the tail end of his peak?

Probably the way the Knicks build things. And it would most likely be elsewhere.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast