Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most Overrated and Underrated 2017 FAs?

Which FAs are the most overrated or underrated in this class?

Overrated
    Logan Ryan. He's a good CB but he's going to get paid $12-15 mil. He's not that good.
    LeGarrett Blount. Had a great statistical season. But he's aided by scheme and a great passing attack. He won't repeat wherever he goes
    Alshon Jeffery - Incomplete WR. Injury history. PED history. Has bad contract written all over him
    Adrian Peterson - Not much tread left on those tires. Injury history. He's at the end of the road.

Underrated
    Austin Pasztor - He won't amaze you with athleticism but he's played very well. Might be an even better G
    Mychal Rivera - Versatile guy. Needs an offense that uses the TE more.
    Duron Harmon - Hidden behind McCourty and Chung, Harmon is just as important to the Pats D. He will be a stud
    Micah Hyde - Versatile guy who has a high motor and is a great competitor. CB, FS, SS, PR, KR. Valuable guy to have around
    Brandon Williams - The big guys in the middle never get the credit but I'd compare him to Damon Harrison last year. He's a very good player who you don't hear much about.

City of Champions

Overrated: Mike Glennon

Underrated: Colin Kaepernick

I just found out Kayvon Webster was a free agent.

Welcome to green bay buddy

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Overrated: Mike Glennon

Underrated: Colin Kaepernick
    Flip those 2. How is Mike Glennon overrated? If anything he's rated perfectly. Boarderline starter. A good back up. Never going to be anything special.

City of Champions

Please add Matt Kalil to this list. He has duped the Panthers into thinking is a good player, probably playing the "I've been injured" card to get $55 over 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I just found out Kayvon Webster was a free agent.

Welcome to green bay buddy
    Lol TT doesn't know that free agency exists.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Please add Matt Kalil to this list. He has duped the Panthers into thinking is a good player, probably playing the "I've been injured" card to get $55 over 5 years.
    Yup. Kalil has to be the most overrated player based on that contract.

I don't know if Stephon Gilmore is overrated by everybody, but some goof on the NFL Network said the best free agent of 2017 just signed with the NFL champions. I grant you that he's the probably best cornerback FA, but the best period? That guy only said that because he just signed with NE. The Patriots deserve to get their butt kissed because they earned it. But sometimes it just gets out of hand.

Just going off the top of my head, the most overrated is probably another CB, A.J. Bouye. Yes, he's good right now. But did anybody really know about him before 2016? I'm a little skeptical of possible one year wonders.

The most underrated is NT Dontari Poe. Not only is he a big run stuffer, he can also rush the quarterback well for somebody that big. I'm in suspense about where he's going. It could still be KC, but it's looking more likely it will be somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I don't know if Stephon Gilmore is overrated by everybody, but some goof on the NFL Network said the best free agent of 2017 just signed with the NFL champions. I grant you that he's the probably best cornerback FA, but the best period? That guy only said that because he just signed with NE. The Patriots deserve to get their butt kissed because they earned it. But sometimes it just gets out of hand.
    The best free agents didn't make it to free agency, as per usual. Those who did, I'd say the best one is Dont'a Hightower. Maybe Kevin Zeitler but he's only a guard.

Nevertheless, Gilmore struggled under Rex Ryan and I'm sure Belichick will get him to play as if he was one of the best free agent signings.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The best free agents didn't make it to free agency, as per usual. Those who did, I'd say the best one is Dont'a Hightower. Maybe Kevin Zeitler but he's only a guard.

Nevertheless, Gilmore struggled under Rex Ryan and I'm sure Belichick will get him to play as if he was one of the best free agent signings.
    Didn't he struggle and excel under Rex? I thought he had a dominant year in 2015 under Rex then an up and down season last year? Maybe I'm wrong though.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Didn't he struggle and excel under Rex? I thought he had a dominant year in 2015 under Rex then an up and down season last year? Maybe I'm wrong though.
    I was throwing the two years together. He was pretty good in 2015 if I remember correctly, but the defense stunk as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    The contract is higher than I ever wanted, but based on what OG and OTs are getting paid he's going to be making average LT money by next year. When he signed he was the 9th highest paid LT, now he's already fallen to 11th. The Chargers just made Okung (who imo isn't much better and doesn't have the potential ceiling Kalil has) the 2nd highest paid LT. I won't be shocked if someone like Reiff eclipses 11M/season.

Considering how little we ask of our OTs I think Kalil is going to surprise people in Carolina. I also hope we get Patterson and Munnerlyn from you guys.

Most overrated:

AlShawn Jefferies
    Torrie Smith
    Chance Wormak

Most underrted:
    Anyone Dallas signs

Am I doing this right surf?

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Most overrated:

AlShawn Jefferies
    Torrie Smith
    Chance Wormak

Most underrted:
    Anyone Dallas signs

Am I doing this right surf?
    Two more years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast