Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    People who think Corey Brown is a good move, should google Corey Brown WR Butter fingers. My buddy who lives in Carolina, says that all the fans are relieved he is gone. He drops everything and his nickname, that fans scream out at games is, Butterfingers. Yes he is very fast, but he is less than 50/50 on hauling in the pass. Cam Newton apparently grabbed him by the facemask hollering at him several times in the huddle, after dropping easy passes.

I too, got sucked in watching youtube clips, thinking he runs better routes crisper than the recievers we had here last year. But now after reading things, uh oh.
    Last edited by sabres11; 03-15-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    People who think Corey Brown is a good move, should google Corey Brown WR Butter fingers. My buddy who lives in Carolina, says that all the fans are relieved he is gone. He drops everything and his nickname, that fans scream out at games is, Butterfingers. Yes he is very fast, but he is less than 50/50 on hauling in the pass. Cam Newton apparently grabbed him by the facemask hollering at him several times in the huddle, after dropping easy passes.

I too, got sucked in watching youtube clips, thinking he runs better routes crisper than the recievers we had here last year. But now after reading things, uh oh.
    Never base your opinion on YouTube videos that are either highlights or lowlights. Philly Brown is average at best.

This WR corps suuuuuuucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    This WR corps suuuuuuucks.
    Just waiting for the draft...

At this point Michael Floyd is the only free agent that can move the needle a little bit, but I think we all knew that coming in unless they went after someone like Alshon Jeffrey.

I would've liked to see Kendall Wright or Patterson though. Those guys would've been better than what they've opted for so far. Andre Holmes is probably the best person they've signed so far. He's also the only one with a multi-year contract.

Last i heard, Holmes denied signing a contract with Buffalo.

Whaley is repeating what he did last year. Bring in a bunch of nobodies that are hanging on by a thread to remain an NFL player and hope something sticks. Dont forget everyone, The Bills drafted Sammy Watkins and he was a decoy with our first coach and pretty much not in the game plan with our second coach. We are probably going to remain a run first team, so even if we draft the best WR in the draft, does it even help?

The only way drafting a WR will help us, is if McDermott throws more than Rex and isnt as stubborn with the ground and pound approach we have seen with our other coaches. Thats why i wanted us to bring in a veteran burner. Someone who other teams know can run routes and catch balls. Someone they have to game plan against and not let our WRs run free. With this group of WRs and perhaps a drafted top WR, no teams defense will fear that player, if he doesnt get the ball, like what we have seen here with Watkins. Having Watkins and drafting the number one reciever this year, means that we have to have a new offensive game plan this year.

I could be wrong, but I think NFL live said Floyd will be suspended for at least 4 games to start the season. So theres zero chance we see him in an NFL uniform if thats true.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Never base your opinion on YouTube videos that are either highlights or lowlights. Philly Brown is average at best.
    This was funny for me to read, being that you keep talking about how drafting a WR will be our saving grace. theres no way you watched each and every game from all those receivers living in Buffalo, so i am sure you are basing your opinion of anyone of these players being a star for us, based on youtube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    This was funny for me to read, being that you keep talking about how drafting a WR will be our saving grace. theres no way you watched each and every game from all those receivers living in Buffalo, so i am sure you are basing your opinion of anyone of these players being a star for us, based on youtube videos.
    Umm, last I checked there is such a thing as a college football fan. Saturdays are as big of a deal for me as Sundays...sorry to burst your bubble. It's also 2017 and there are many options to watch whatever games you want.

I admit when I don't know much about a prospect, such as Corey Davis...check the draft thread. The last thing I do is base my opinion on YouTube videos. They are highlights for a reason. In the case of someone like Davis, I do more reading and look for actually game footage.

I can probably find YouTube videos of your least favorite player that will make him look amazing. It's almost common sense in this point in time. You should try actual research and maybe you wouldn't think that was such a funny statement...
    Last edited by smood999; 03-16-2017 at 02:58 PM.

I'm a big prospect guy across the 4 major sports and i cant say i've ever even watched a youtube video on a prospect. perhaps one of the basketball prospect sites had a little video embedded but i honestly dont remember any. 95% of my research is reading, the other 5% is discussion forums like this one. And then (this is sort of embarrassing) once the season starts i check the ratings on video games to look for late-round sleeper picks with all the tools. For example: a Free Safety picked in the 6th round with 94rated speed in madden has a chance to make an impact. that's a good prospect with the right coaching. This technique has proven reliable with Tight Ends. Its tough to get a read on these Basketball conversion guys pre-draft, but if they look like they have all the tools and athletic ability... they'll get an opportunity.

Sabres, you're complaining about not adding WRs, but at the same time saying it would be pointless if they are a run first offense again...which is it?

Also you put so much stock in the WRs in Watkins draft class, constantly bringing up how deep everyone knew it was going to be. This draft gets talked about similarly, at least within the first two rounds, but without someone as good of a prospect as Watkins...why one and not the other? How do you constantly bring up the argument that everyone knew about that class, but with this one you want to criticize us for thinking that a difference maker can be found at that position within the first two rounds?

This team has a lot of needs and not so many picks. With Cooks available, our best bet would have been trading down, getting extra picks along with grabbing Cooks. We then get a proven receiver that will give teams fits, along with the accumulation of draft picks to fill our needs.

Since that was never in Whaley's game plan, landing Jackson, Pryor, or other well known receivers should have been plan B. Then we fill one need in free agency, and have the draft to focus everywhere else.

Instead, Whaley brings in a 2nd WR group of nobodies in free agency, along with most likely wasting our first round pick on the same position. Not smart. And Remember, Watkins was supposedly the best WR in the draft that we wasted 3 picks for. How did that turn this team around offensively? Will another first round WR turn our offense around?

So what sounds better, going the route we already took by wasting 3 picks on Watkins and doing that again with our offensive game plan. OR, should we have brought in Cooks/Jackson/Prior then used our first round pick on a stud CB or Linebacker, being were losing Brown and then field a defensive team that wont allow other teams to run straight down our throat every single game.

And as I have said a million times, Buddy Nix retired a month after the draft. It wasn't a surprise, The EJ draft was all on Whaley, with Nix saying his good byes and being there for moral support. Now that EJ is in Oakland, every player from the 2013 draft is gone. Do you really have any confidence that he, and the same scouting department that were here for that draft, will now get the job done?

UGH...
    How were they supposed to trade for cooks while trading down for extra picks? did you see what cooks was traded for? Pat's did not 'accumulate draft picks' in that deal. also one minute you are harping about not having any cap space, then the next minute you are pissed they didnt sign any big name FA's. I personally think Hyde was a steal. Packers fans are talking like their secondary is decimated with his departure.
    You and i both spent the season complaining about how this offense looked without watkins. He is absolutely a key contributer and not a bust, just having a tough time with injuries. He is a 1A receiver on almost any team.

Also Nix retired a month after the draft because he had a huge hand in that draft. you think they hire Whaley and then give him the keys to the draft right away when he wasn't a part of the scouting or anything else in the process?

As i mentioned in the draft thread: Whaley's drafts havent been horrible. they just havent been able to put us over the top because you need a Stud QB to be consistantly over the top. i will concede that Whaley's strength seems to be FA and trades. Our best pass rushers, QB, RB, last years LB's and now our starting Safety have all been FA and Trade, and pretty much all bargains outside of Mario. A lot of that comes down to persuasion and talent evaluation.

Keep in mind how difficult it seems to be to make a player for player trade in this league. Whaley has owned both of the player for player trades he has made. Pwnd!

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    UGH...
    How were they supposed to trade for cooks while trading down for extra picks? did you see what cooks was traded for? Pat's did not 'accumulate draft picks' in that deal. also one minute you are harping about not having any cap space, then the next minute you are pissed they didnt sign any big name FA's. I personally think Hyde was a steal. Packers fans are talking like their secondary is decimated with his departure.
    You and i both spent the season complaining about how this offense looked without watkins. He is absolutely a key contributer and not a bust, just having a tough time with injuries. He is a 1A receiver on almost any team.

Also Nix retired a month after the draft because he had a huge hand in that draft. you think they hire Whaley and then give him the keys to the draft right away when he wasn't a part of the scouting or anything else in the process?
    Bingo, Sabres contradicts himself often. Can't complain about cap space and then complain about not spending. Can't say everyone knew how good Watkins WR class was so they shouldn't have traded up but then discount those same people's opinion in this draft...can't say it's pointless to add a WR if they are a run first team, but get mad at them not signing one

Furthermore, if the Bills bring in someone like Andre Holmes to act as a third WR will that be good enough? He played the same exact roles on one of the best passing offenses in the league, so why is he still not enough in Buffalo? The QB.

Sticking with Oakland, no one cares that EJ Manuel is the backup there, but it was a horrible choice for the Bills. Why? QB stability. Good teams have their QB and aren't worried about the backup. How many times have the Patriots had a rookie for a backup? The Bills can't do that without being killed.
    Last edited by smood999; 03-18-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast