Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Vernon Davis re-signed to 3 year, $15 million deal, DJax and Garcon on way out

Also being reported that Desean Jackson will end up in Tampa Bay, and I just had an alert come over my phone that Garcon is expected to sign with the 49ers, getting paid $16 million in the first year Not a huge fan of bringing back any of them, especially a 33 year old Davis, to that kind of contract.

After a fairly quiet Tuesday, the Redskins re-signed tight end Vernon Davis to a three-year, $15-million deal in the wee hours of Wednesday morning.

Davis announced the news via Snapchat, and a person with knowledge of the situation revealed the financial terms to The Washington Post.

The Redskins had long hoped to re-sign the 33-year-old Davis, who last season revived his career after joining his hometown team. Davis had 44 catches for 583 yards and two touchdowns and also served as a valuable run-blocker.

Last week, Coach Jay Gruden expressed a need for the team to bring back Davis or find someone with a similar skill set. But he didnít sound overly optimistic that the team would be able to meet the veteranís asking price. However, a week later, the sides came to terms.

The tight end position is expected to represent a position of strength as Davis returns on a new contract, Niles Paul returns from injury, and together complement Pro Bowl pick Jordan Reed.

This position group could help Washington overcome the anticipated losses of wide receivers Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson. The 49ers rank Garcon among their prime targets in free agency, and the move would reunite Garcon with Kyle Shanahan, who was the key reason the receiver signed with Washington in 2012.

Meanwhile, Jackson has a number of suitors, but is expected to wind up with Tampa Bay, according to multiple people familiar with the situation.

Washington could still add a veteran receiver at an affordable rate, but very well could start Jamison Crowder and the recovering Josh Doctson at wideout.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c2eb046f6560

I'm ok with Davis,........hate to see both wideouts go,but, age certainly played a role. Depending on the Cousins situation, we could draft Ross or add a FA like Jefferies,Stills, or Britt.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Well, we signed Terrelle Pryor

Thats good.......he burnt us bad last year

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Thats good.......he burnt us bad last year
    Sorry i have a short memory... which one of 100 receivers are you talking about?

ok....ha ha

ESPN graded the Redskins as a B+ for the Pryor pickup. It fixes some of the height issues the Redskins have at receiver, which will definitely help in the red zone. Now, they just need to draft someone who can legit stretch the field like Desean Jackson.

Plus with the height of Doctson if he stays healthy, there is no excuse to be more productive in the red zone.

Doctson is never getting on the field except for blue moon appearances. Sad because he legit had that talent to possibly be something special. Just hope they don't hold on to him as long as they did Malcolm and Devin.

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

From what I've read, there's nothing medically wrong with Doctson's achilles.

He's just soft. That's unfortunate.

And now weve signed 6'4" WR Brian Quick. Dont know too much about him but i like the size.

Him and Pryor definitely help in the red zone with that size, it's about time the Redskins went this route.