Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    I don't think their is a chance he's there for us in round 3 though. We have to take him at 61 if we're going to get him and he might be gone by then too.
    It's all what the doctors think at this point. And we have none of that knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    100% legit question. If clay has ten sacks will you admit you were wrong or just point to whatever free agent did will that we could have signed with his money?

You seem to be dying to cut Cobb too.

Neither are good contracts but I disagree on both.
    I don't want to cut Cobb, because half his salary is guarenteed and he's still worth at least half of his current salary. If Cobb has another down year and if he doesn't have much guarenteed money next season, then yes I would consider cutting him.

Clay has been a fantastik player for this team in the past. He signed a huge contract which he deserved, but hasn't been the same player since. I'd prefer to keep Clay at a much reduced price. He's gotten overpaid the last 2 seasons after being underpaid in his earlier years, so it's about even now. He's made about what he's deserved for his career to date. Realisticly even if Clay were to have a 10 sack season this year, he's still not worth the contract he's on anymore. He misses several games every year with injuries and struggles for the balance of the season as soon as he gets hurt. I love Clay and would like to keep him, but his $15.2 Mil contract should be for this season and next season and thats a fair price.

Unfortunately those type of pay cuts are rarely as realistic as they sound.

Exactly. There's no "evening" out when it comes to contracts. Cuz if clay would have broken his neck in the last season of his rookie year, we wouldn't have given him some extra cash.

Your contract is what you get. And here's no reason for him to renegotiate. If we cut him, he signs a different deal with a decent signing bonus that's money up front.

Not exactly a free agent, but Malcolm butler finally signed his tender with the pats. Good and bad for people on here. On the bad side, we can no longer sign him and give up our first rounder. On the good side, field Yates is reporting that the pats might still be open to moving the pick, so we could still acquire him yet if we really like him.

Las Vegas betting odds have the Packers as an overwhelming favorite to sign free agent RB L Blount. With recent moves by the Patriots, Blount is on the move and Green Bay has a need.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Las Vegas betting odds have the Packers as an overwhelming favorite to sign free agent RB L Blount. With recent moves by the Patriots, Blount is on the move and Green Bay has a need.
    No ****?

Where do you see this? I saw we were the favorite on some Reddit thread for AP too lol.

I want to see that stuff but I couldn't find a link

I'm not a huge fan of Blount but I'd be okay with us signing him. He would be a good complimentary back to Ty.
    If we do sign him, I'd only want a 1-2 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Blount but I'd be okay with us signing him. He would be a good complimentary back to Ty.
    If we do sign him, I'd only want a 1-2 year deal.
    thats been my dream scenario all season! blount, ty, and draft pick. Our offense would have so many dimensions to it! We could pound the ball, wed have a pass catching back, one of the best TE combos in game, deep threats in nelson and adams, im getting slightly aroused thinking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    thats been my dream scenario all season! blount, ty, and draft pick. Our offense would have so many dimensions to it! We could pound the ball, wed have a pass catching back, one of the best TE combos in game, deep threats in nelson and adams, im getting slightly aroused thinking about it!
    But yet our line doesn't appear to be in a good spot imo.... that hurts everything

Now we can't protect the one guy who can make up for us not being able to defend any thing.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    But yet our line doesn't appear to be in a good spot imo.... that hurts everything

Now we can't protect the one guy who can make up for us not being able to defend any thing.
    We'll still be a high end pass pro team though.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post

How is our line not in a good spot? We have two top tackles and they are probably the best pass blocking tackle tandem in the league. Lane Taylor held his own and looked like a pretty decent starting guard. Linsley got pushed around against Atlanta, but as a whole he was a good center again. We have one weakness in the line at this point and it's at guard, which usually isn't the most difficult spot to fill. It's not like our line is a sieve all of a sudden.

If we can even get a mediocre starter in langs spot we are still an above average line. If we can find another lane Taylor to take over for Lang, then we are a top 10 line.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    How is our line not in a good spot? We have two top tackles and they are probably the best pass blocking tackle tandem in the league. Lane Taylor held his own and looked like a pretty decent starting guard. Linsley got pushed around against Atlanta, but as a whole he was a good center again. We have one weakness in the line at this point and it's at guard, which usually isn't the most difficult spot to fill. It's not like our line is a sieve all of a sudden.

If we can even get a mediocre starter in langs spot we are still an above average line. If we can find another lane Taylor to take over for Lang, then we are a top 10 line.
    Most teams would love to have the issue we have at line right now I suspect.

I'm not a line expert by any means, but if you combine our line with seattles, we may have 4 of the starters.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I'm not a line expert by any means, but if you combine our line with seattles, we may have 4 of the starters.
    I don't have a damn clue how they're going to play those guys. They don't have a shot in hell at a tackle spot.

I guess Britt was finally decent at center. Nobody could but more proven at RG, with one of the guys they could put there.

But yeah, and you could do that for other teams.

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast