Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/...55134019014656

lol

I'm not for or against T'eo, I wouldn't expect much boom ability like maybe a healthy Levy could be, or something like that. That's kind of my thinking.
    Josh Hill could be the next #1 CB of the Green Bay Packers. He is a midget who runs about as fast as an offensive lineman.

As far as Levy is concerned, I'd be all for giving him a look. He might never be back to his pre-injury self but no harm in doing some research.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Josh Hill could be the next #1 CB of the Green Bay Packers. He is a midget who runs about as fast as an offensive lineman.

As far as Levy is concerned, I'd be all for giving him a look. He might never be back to his pre-injury self but no harm in doing some research.
    Lol. Everyone is freaking out about his speed on Reddit like Ted is trying to sign him to be a starting CB, it makes me chuckle. Last year we got some white CB FA off the street and everyone thought he was a god. Then you never heard his name again, if we sign him, this will likely be similar.

Could be possible he's a heck of lot faster today after training better, who knows....I guess.

I missed a good chunk of this madness over the weekend, was too busy with the other madness of march.

but one thing I keep seeing is,

"It's hard to hit on 1st and 2nd rounders when you are drafting in the end of each round"

hence why signing one of these elite level FAs is more necessary, cause we have less of a chance at drafting a player who can come in and fill a hole right away.

But bottom line, a disappointing FA period for the most part. Good argument to say we didn't get worse, I buy that. But we 100% didn't get better and that's upsetting. I thought it was an absolute layup for TT to go sign a big CB after seeing how bad the group flopped without Sam. Should've invested his freed up cap directly back into the position, no questions asked.

People always say "we cant sign a big FA cause we have our own guys to sign." And yes, that is 100% true. But this year we didn't spend too much of the cap on our owns guys to prevent signing a new FA.
    So again, just a real mind boggling situation. Everything looked to be PERFECT to go make a splash. What's the excuse now? Is it our 2018 FAs? Were gonna have like 50 mil in space for next year lmao.
    Last edited by Sdh09e44; 03-21-2017 at 02:07 AM.

Looks like the teo idea is done. Sounds like he signing with the saints on a two year deal. I have to imagine it's a one year deal with basically an option year in the 2nd year. Like I said when it was brought up, he would have been fine but I can't say I'm heartbroken we aren't getting him either.

I like DeAndere Levy a lot as a low risk depth player who can be a good leader. I think he could even play a little 3-4 OLB in certain packages, he has never played there in the NFL, but I remember him being a good pass rusher at Wisconsin when ask to do that. He is also 29 which isn't young but not ancient by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    I missed a good chunk of this madness over the weekend, was too busy with the other madness of march.

but one thing I keep seeing is,

"It's hard to hit on 1st and 2nd rounders when you are drafting in the end of each round"

hence why signing one of these elite level FAs is more necessary, cause we have less of a chance at drafting a player who can come in and fill a hole right away.

But bottom line, a disappointing FA period for the most part. Good argument to say we didn't get worse, I buy that. But we 100% didn't get better and that's upsetting. I thought it was an absolute layup for TT to go sign a big CB after seeing how bad the group flopped without Sam. Should've invested his freed up cap directly back into the position, no questions asked.

People always say "we cant sign a big FA cause we have our own guys to sign." And yes, that is 100% true. But this year we didn't spend too much of the cap on our owns guys to prevent signing a new FA.
    So again, just a real mind boggling situation. Everything looked to be PERFECT to go make a splash. What's the excuse now? Is it our 2018 FAs? Were gonna have like 50 mil in space for next year lmao.
    Just saw another Mock on one of the packer sites for 7 rounds for every team. It has us taking TJ Watt in the 1st and CB Tredavious White in the 2nd and gallman in the 3rd. If we draft Watt and 1 of the many corners available in this draft in the 1st 2 rounds our defense will be improved. Just adding Watt would upgrade our pass rush from last season. House makes our CB's better than last year. Players like Kenny Clarke, Fackerall and our 3rd year CB's should all improve. If we hit on the 2nd round CB, our defense could be vastly improved. I would have liked to see us do more in free agency and maybe we still will, but it's not a doom and gloom situation. I'm excited about our team and won't lower my expectations for success, at least not till we see what happens in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Just saw another Mock on one of the packer sites for 7 rounds for every team. It has us taking TJ Watt in the 1st and CB Tredavious White in the 2nd and gallman in the 3rd. If we draft Watt and 1 of the many corners available in this draft in the 1st 2 rounds our defense will be improved. Just adding Watt would upgrade our pass rush from last season. House makes our CB's better than last year. Players like Kenny Clarke, Fackerall and our 3rd year CB's should all improve. If we hit on the 2nd round CB, our defense could be vastly improved. I would have liked to see us do more in free agency and maybe we still will, but it's not a doom and gloom situation. I'm excited about our team and won't lower my expectations for success, at least not till we see what happens in the draft.
    Lots of hope. You're assuming Clarke and Fackrell don't go through a slump like Randall/Rollins did, and that the latter are the 2015 version and not the 2016. Then hoping a couple draft picks can perform better than they should in year 1. I'm tired of hearing about how solely drafting kids will improve our D, we're on about year 5 now waiting for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Lots of hope. You're assuming Clarke and Fackrell don't go through a slump like Randall/Rollins did, and that the latter are the 2015 version and not the 2016. Then hoping a couple draft picks can perform better than they should in year 1. I'm tired of hearing about how solely drafting kids will improve our D, we're on about year 5 now waiting for that to happen.
    Clarke could possibly have a sophmore slump, but Fackerell really didn't do much last season, so there is no where to regress. Randall and Rollins couldn't possibly play any worse than they did last season. They likely won't live up to the hype of their 2015 season either, so somewhere in between. House makes the CB position better. Not great or even good, but better.

There's really only 1 way for this defense to go. They were 31st in pass defense and there's only 32 teams. Yes we could draft a bunch of garbage and not see much change from last year, but I like our chances better because of the depth of this draft in area's of positions of need for us. If we needed a starting OT, we'd be in trouble because there aren't any.

We made the NFC championship game last season and should be better offensively this season. Is there any reason we shouldn't expect to be there again?
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 03-21-2017 at 05:47 PM.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...ee-agency-2017

Francois is a run stuff guy. I remember him coming to LSU with giant hype. Makes sense with Guion out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...ee-agency-2017

Francois is a run stuff guy. I remember him coming to LSU with giant hype. Makes sense with Guion out for a while.
    that would be cool. Like the article said its probably a reserve role but, we need it we don't really have a ton of depth at DL.

After reading the article it wouldn't surprise me, I guess we went after him in 2013 but, he ended up signing with the Colts.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    that would be cool. Like the article said its probably a reserve role but, we need it we don't really have a ton of depth at DL.

After reading the article it wouldn't surprise me, I guess we went after him in 2013 but, he ended up signing with the Colts.
    Yeah I was going to post we wanted him before too.

Would be a good depth deal.

He is a good run defender. I'd be real happy if we grabbed him to beef up our D-Line.

The Packers hosted running back Christine Michael on a visit Wednesday, Field Yates of ESPN.com tweets. The team also hosted offensive tackle Byron Bell. Christine Michael

[RELATED: Ricky Jean-Francois Visits Packers]

Michael, who has bounced around a bit, finished out the 2016 season with Green Bay. In six games with the Packers, he had 31 carries for 114 yards and one touchdown. Between his time with the Seahawks and Packers last season, C-Mike averaged a so-so 3.9 yards per carry. The Packers could be open to a reunion given their lack of depth at running back. As it stands, Ty Montgomery is their top RB with with former UDFAs Don Jackson and John Crockett in reserve.

I have Michael listed as the eighth-best tailback left on the open market. Adrian Peterson, LeGarrette Blount, Jamaal Charles, ballroom dancing enthusiast Rashad Jennings, Tim Hightower, DeAngelo Williams, and Chris Johnson are all ahead of him on my list.

Bell did not play last season after dislocating his ankle during Titans OTAs. In the previous year, however, he started 16 games at three different spots: eight at right tackle, seven at left guard, and one at left tackle. I have him down as one of the ten best tackle options left in free agency.
    profootballrumors.com

Michaels makes sense as a rotational guy. He did decent for only have been in the system for a few games.

Also says we brought Byron Bell in for a visit. I am not too familiar with him but, I remember a couple years ago I was talking to someone and they said that Bell was just another version of Newhouse. If that is the case I think fans would Riot if we try to replace Lang with Bell

RIP Gene Wilder

The Packers have re-signed running back Christine Michael, according to Field Yates of ESPN.com (Twitter link).Christine Michael (vertical)

Green Bay claimed Michael off waivers from the Seahawks last fall, and the former-second round pick proceeded to handle 31 carries for the Packers down the stretch. Michael, 26, spent seven weeks as Seattle’s clear-cut No. 1 running back, and posted two multi-score games during that run.

Michael’s role soon dwindled, however, and while he also didn’t manage much of a role with the Packers, Michael ranks as PFR’s No. 8 free agent back. He’ll give Green Bay another option in a backfield that currently only includes Ty Montgomery and Don Jackson. The Packers lost Eddie Lacy earlier this month when he signed a one-year deal with Seattle.

Michael visited the Packers earlier today along with free agent offensive lineman Byron Bell
    profootballrumors.com

that was a quick visit and signing

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    profootballrumors.com

that was a quick visit and signing
    I'm pretty neutral on this re-signing, Michael is a little frustrating because of the mental mistakes but he does have big play ability. In any case it's nice to have another guy in case TT somehow doesn't manage to draft a decent RB. Probably ends up battling Jackson for RB3.

Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast