Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowTimeSHAW View Post
    If Rodgers was on the NY Giants do you think he wins a super bowl for them this year. I say yes. They went out and got a defense last season like we should be doing for Rodgers this season.
    The Giants already have a chance to win the Super Bowl this year.
    If they find an impact OL or TE in the draft than they will have a good chance to win the Super Bowl.
    And this is with Eli at QB.

So yes, If Rodgers was on the Giants they would have an extremely high chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
    What are you talking about? Go back an re-read your ridiculous prosposals. You trade away our 2018 1st and 4th round picks. Then trade our 2018 3rd away in another deal effectively leaving us with a single 2nd round pick in the first four rounds.. Now we are getting some imaginary 3/4th round comp picks. So please tell me who's leaving next year and signing huge money deals elsewhere to give us these extra picks. I'm so intrigued. Our team is getting worse by the second with this plan.. Smh
    Next years comp picks are based on who we lost this year. TJ Lang, JC Tretter, E Lacy, M Hyde, J Cook...

We may get up to 4 comp picks next year and some of them will be pretty decent. Comp picks for 2018 are based off free agents that leave in 2017. I'd prefer if they did it your way though, then we'd be getting a bunch of comp picks this year.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 03-19-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    My point. Sure i'm fine with him and all, but with how poor the D is I'd like to see a guy back there who can create some turnovers and/or having more range. It's not like we're stopping the scoring the way we're playing now.

I could be wrong but it's always felt like people treat him as Nick Collins-lite, fairly immune to criticism despite being largely average. If the right opportunity presented itself (Hooker dropping) i'd pounce immediately and let them battle it out, but i'm not running around looking for replacements. You can always find a suitor for Burnett if he was no longer needed (hello Patriots trading style).
    I'm pretty sure people know he's a box safety and not anything like Nick Collins. That's my impression anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    The Giants already have a chance to win the Super Bowl this year.
    If they find an impact OL or TE in the draft than they will have a good chance to win the Super Bowl.
    And this is with Eli at QB.

So yes, If Rodgers was on the Giants they would have an extremely high chance of winning.
    I don't know if you believe in the Pythagorean Wins, but it basically looks at point differential and determines what your record should be based upon that. It's usually fairly accurate. Despite what some people think about the "clutch" play of some qbs vs others, teams typically don't have great records in close games year after year. There's a lot of randomness in close wins. So that being said, teams with low point differentials and a lot of wins are oftentimes prime candidates to regress the next year.

If I remember correctly, the Giants were one of the biggest over-achievers according to Pythagorean Wins last year. So I'm not sure they were actually as good as their record indicated. Rodgers is definitely a much better player and gives them a much better chance than eli, but I'm not sure their record would be significantly better if you swap eli and Aaron, mainly because they likely overachieved last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    My point. Sure i'm fine with him and all, but with how poor the D is I'd like to see a guy back there who can create some turnovers and/or having more range. It's not like we're stopping the scoring the way we're playing now.

I could be wrong but it's always felt like people treat him as Nick Collins-lite, fairly immune to criticism despite being largely average. If the right opportunity presented itself (Hooker dropping) i'd pounce immediately and let them battle it out, but i'm not running around looking for replacements. You can always find a suitor for Burnett if he was no longer needed (hello Patriots trading style).
    Maybe we are looking different places, but I guess I haven't seen much of that. Maybe early in his career he had high expectations, but I don't think lately anyone has really labeled him as a guy who's a yearly pro bowler.

I would agree that if an elite safety falls and is far and away the best player on our board, then take him and let Burnett walk next year. But I view that as pretty unlikely given that a lot of mocks have the two elite safeties going well before us.

I know he hasn't been great but, maybe as depth and change of scenery would help but, what would you guys think of Manti Te'o? he is still on the market

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I know he hasn't been great but, maybe as depth and change of scenery would help but, what would you guys think of Manti Te'o? he is still on the market
    I kind of thought about that but i haven't seen any reports of him visiting with teams besides the Saints which makes me wonder what's wrong with him lol.

I don't even have a clue how he's been at SD. Does anyone even know. I don't recall ever hearing much at all and I don't hardly ever see SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I don't even have a clue how he's been at SD. Does anyone even know. I don't recall ever hearing much at all and I don't hardly ever see SD.
    He hasn't been great. I don't really see him being an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I don't know if you believe in the Pythagorean Wins, but it basically looks at point differential and determines what your record should be based upon that. It's usually fairly accurate. Despite what some people think about the "clutch" play of some qbs vs others, teams typically don't have great records in close games year after year. There's a lot of randomness in close wins. So that being said, teams with low point differentials and a lot of wins are oftentimes prime candidates to regress the next year.

If I remember correctly, the Giants were one of the biggest over-achievers according to Pythagorean Wins last year. So I'm not sure they were actually as good as their record indicated. Rodgers is definitely a much better player and gives them a much better chance than eli, but I'm not sure their record would be significantly better if you swap eli and Aaron, mainly because they likely overachieved last year.
    I don't doubt they over achieved a little bit but they are still a good defensive team.
    Some made them out to be dominant, which is not the case, but they are definitely good.

The offense was lacking for them last year. Brandon Marshall is going to make them much better. He is a legit #2 that Victor Cruz could not be for them last year. Their other issues were OL and lack of a TE. They signed DJ Fluker who is...okay. He isn't great but he should improve their line a little bit.

So far this free agency the D has remained the same, and the offense has improved.
    Adding another OL and a TE that make a positive impact this season will 100% make them a contender.
    If they aren't able to improve their offense through the draft then they will likely be fighting for a wild card and an early playoff exit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I kind of thought about that but i haven't seen any reports of him visiting with teams besides the Saints which makes me wonder what's wrong with him lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    He hasn't been great. I don't really see him being an upgrade.

he's had injury problems, he missed all but 3 games last season and then missed a total 12 games the 3 prior seasons.

career stat line of 154 tackles 68 assists 1.5 sacks 1 forced fumble 2 ints 9 pass defenses 18 stuffs.

again he hasn't been great but, bring him at the minimum or a prove it deal and see what he could do. I know I liked the kid when he was coming out and had hoped GB would have drafted him.

RIP Gene Wilder

If it's a one year deal for cheap, or like a two year deal with the 2nd year basically being a team option I'd be for it. Extra competition at ilb can't hurt. If you look at ilb/mlb free agent rankings, there's still a decent amount of okay players unsigned.

I'm fine bringing in just about any of those guys as competition on the cheap. We have the money to spend and our ilb situation has not been good in a long time. Any guy that could potentially upgrade that position on the fdhesp would be a good move in my mind.

I always thought he was too slow footed for the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id sign teo for cheap, he's shown he has some ability and we are certainly not strong there. Whats to lose?

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/...55134019014656

lol

I'm not for or against T'eo, I wouldn't expect much boom ability like maybe a healthy Levy could be, or something like that. That's kind of my thinking.

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast