Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Free Agency Conversation

Players can sign Thursday and make visits today. With lots of cap space around the league I thought it would be nice to have a place to rip on all the really bad contracts that will be signed this week.

Probably a good plan. Plus it seems like we are having free agent conversations in like 3 other threads at once. Probably a good spot to talk packers FA or even trade ideas as opposed to high jacking the roster moves and draft threads.

That being said, I read an article that offered 8 moves for packers free agency. Basically, the moves resulted in us signing our own guys outside of tretter, perry and lacy with the only outside move being adding house. How would you guys feel about that offseason? I would be underwhelmed but I could see us having a worse offseason too. We end up gambling on the combo of jones, pepp and fackerall opposite clay (potentially a rookie as well) and still probably need to add a running back, but it could be worse.

Well one free agent signing that I'm impressed with is Brandon Marshall to the Giants.

Definitely declining, but still very productive..especially as a #2. 2 years, 12 million is a steal.
    That made their offense a whole lot better.

I think we sign House and re-sign Lacy.

I have a feeling we are not going to do anything and live by the draft. I feel Datone will go to a team to be a 4-3 DE and Tretter, Lang and Perry are priced to high for TT. Since Zeitler is going to get 12 mil a year and Hyde is now in the 5 per year category!!

2/12 for Marshall is a great deal, I would be scared of NYG if Eli wasn't there. I'm ok with the idea of House coming back, but I'd prefer a corner with more upside. House probably isn't much more than a nickelback.

House would be a nice 1st step to fixing the CB position. I'd be shocked if we get everyone back but Tretter and don't think we have enough cap space to make that happen. We are already blowing it by not cutting Clay Mathews and using that money to resign Nick Perry. Both are injury prone, but Perry is the more productive player at this point. We should let Jones and Peppers walk and try to bring back 1 of the 2 OLineman. Hyde is a must keep player, as is Jared Cook.

Sign - House, Hyde, Lacy, Perry, Cook and Lang or Tretter
    Let go of - Jones, Peppers and Lang or Tretter
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 03-08-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Jones should be cheap and was actually fairly solid. I think he's a fairly easy resign.

I don't know how I feel about hyde. I don't have any read on his market. But where does he play for us? Everyone seems to want to sign a free agent corner and draft one. So is hyde then your nickel corner? I think in an ideal world Gunter, Randall or Rollins eventually beats him out for that spot.

Hyde was good at causing turnovers at the end of the year. But he's a middle of the field player. He's never going to be a boundary defender. He wasn't very good as a true safety when Burnett was out. He's a nickel corner who can defend tight ends and some slot WRs. But how much do you pay for that guy? I'm worried we'll overpay for a backup guy.

Jets Showing “Lots Of Interest” In Nick Perry
    March 8th, 2017 at 12:56pm CST by Sam Robinson

After a systematic roster purge created some cap room for the Jets, they are showing “lots of interest” in using some of it on Nick Perry. The sixth-year edge player and the Jets could strike a deal before free agency officially opens on Thursday afternoon, Connor Hughes of NJ.com reports.

Hughes iterates the Jets are not the only team in the running for Perry, who is PFR’s No. 1-rated edge defender in free agency. The Jets are the first team, though, to emerge as a Perry suitor. With the likes of Chandler Jones, Jason Pierre-Paul and Melvin Ingram being franchise-tagged, however, Perry (27 in April) should be in position to command a quality deal in his second foray onto the open market.

Perry signed a one-year pact with the Packers last year and responded with an 11-sack contract campaign. The former first-round pick had just 12.5 sacks combined in his previous four seasons in Green Bay.

The Jets are up to $33MM-plus in salary cap space after sitting over the cap in late February. They don’t have a lot of edge-rushing depth, with young players Lorenzo Mauldin and Jordan Jenkins residing on the outside in a rebuilding defense. They combined for just five sacks in 2016.
    profootballrumors.com

RIP Gene Wilder

I agree on Hyde, he is a decent player but not a starter at any position and not much of a return man. To me not worth more than 4 million a year. I'm ok with Jones if it's a 1 yr 2-3 mil not much more.

49ers signed Brian Hoyer, Marquese Goodwin, and Pierre Garcon (possibly 16 mil to Garcon in the 1st year). I know they need talent all over the place but those guys aren't great.

Barry Church to Jacksonville for a respectable 4/16
    Matt Schaub 2/9 to stay in Atl
    Andre Branch 3/27 to Miami, if Branch is worth 9 per year Nick Perry will be gone for sure
    Bills sign Patrick Dimarco 4/8 and restructure Tyrod Taylor
    Romo cut as expected
    Raven released Elvis Dumervil, at the right price he might have some appeal
    Last edited by jay87shot; 03-08-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerman777 View Post

I have a feeling we are not going to do anything and live by the draft. I feel Datone will go to a team to be a 4-3 DE and Tretter, Lang and Perry are priced to high for TT. Since Zeitler is going to get 12 mil a year and Hyde is now in the 5 per year category!!
    No way that's all we do.imo

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    No way that's all we do.imo
    I sure hope you are right. I just never get my hopes up for anything. Although one guy I would not mind taking a flier on is John Simon from the Texans. Your thoughts?

I sure hope you are right. I just never get my hopes up for anything. Although one guy I would not mind taking a flier on is John Simon from the Texans. Your thoughts?
    He doesn't excite me. I think I responded to you about him. He's just a edge setter to me. I want a more pure pass rush guy. But Perry was high end at run d so we might lose that.

So same old same old? Recipe for mediocrity outside of the QB? Its like I said in the General NFL area... Patriots making trades and looking to sign free agents and they just won the superbowl... cowboys trying to sign people and make trades... we stand still and wait. Its ****ing idiotic but no point in complaining about any further because it will never change.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...-agency-begins

from reddit... its a damn shame when the QB is trying his best at forcing the organizations hands lol

And then we have TT response

Packers general manager Ted Thompson said at last week’s NFL scouting combine that he didn’t take Rodgers’ post-loss comments as a plea for him to sign free agents,

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast