Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    I am reading they want Jones to play some ILB, but why not get a guy that's been pretty OK to come in? Man alot of passes by opposing teams were over the middle and if you can get a guy that can play all 3 downs and not a liability against the pass you gotta bring him in.
    It's not that I don't think Jones will play LB, FWIW, but the idea that he did some LB drills at the first rookie minicamp probably doesn't mean much. It reminded me of when we worked out Cullen at LB early one TC, stuff like that. I'm 100% sure he will play there at times. But I've seen an article and then a bunch of msg board dudes so sure he's gonna just be a LBer and I don't know just yet.

Our 4th LB is like...Jordan Tripp or Derrick Matthews. That's what's weird. Okay, Josh can fill there. So can Burnett, but still. And the third is still Joe Thomas, who I stuck up for like mad last year saying he can be a real good Dime LB and he shoved me he was even more than that. But still. IDK.

Ya only can play two and Hodges isn't clearly better than Ryan and maybe not better than Blake this coming season.

Guess the staff just feels higher on those guys than us, just like last year. TBH, they weren't any real liability last year. And many of us were flat out terrified that we were using just those three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Having 4 All Pros on offense=fairy tale.
    Having a look in your eye=key to NFL success.

The ilb class was just strange in general this year. You had Hightower, who I guess qualifies as an ilb, who got a big time deal and no one else really got much. Lawrence Timmons shockingly got a pretty big deal but the rest kinda sucked for contracts. I think as a league ilbs are sort of the new rb. You can pay the elite ones and they can be big time difference makers, but the difference between the pretty good ones and the mediocre ones isn't overly great. Basically focus more on the DL keeping them clean and you can find those 230 pound guys who can just chase and tackle everything.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The ilb class was just strange in general this year. You had Hightower, who I guess qualifies as an ilb, who got a big time deal and no one else really got much. Lawrence Timmons shockingly got a pretty big deal but the rest kinda sucked for contracts. I think as a league ilbs are sort of the new rb. You can pay the elite ones and they can be big time difference makers, but the difference between the pretty good ones and the mediocre ones isn't overly great. Basically focus more on the DL keeping them clean and you can find those 230 pound guys who can just chase and tackle everything.
    One thing is how little you NEED to play two of them these days too.

Am I wrong?

It's quickly becoming the front 6 not 7 haha

It really is true. I know the deone Buchannon mold is in right now, but it really does make sense. It's such a passing league that as long as your linebackers are good enough tacklers to force the other team to not run it every time, you're in business.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    It really is true. I know the deone Buchannon mold is in right now, but it really does make sense. It's such a passing league that as long as your linebackers are good enough tacklers to force the other team to not run it every time, you're in business.
    Yea what it comes down too is you needs guys who can keep up with these ultra fast rbs and tee's and not get left in the dust. Jones is a guy who can look jordan reed int he eye and at least make it tough on him.

The Packers and Saints are among the teams inquiring on former Steelers center Cody Wallace, according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com (on Twitter). However, Wallace tells Fowler that he’s still rehabbing his knee injury, so it might be a little while before we see him sign.
    Cody Wallace

[RELATED: Steelers Release TE Ladarius Green]

Wallace missed the entire 2016 season thanks to a complicated knee injury. Initially, he was believed to have hyperextended his bad knee. Later, it was found that he also suffered bone bruising. When the injury did not respond to treatment, the Steelers officially placed him on IR in November.

The former-fourth rounder has bounced around a bit during his nine-year career having also spent time with the 49ers, Lions, Jets, Texans, and Buccaneers. In 2015, he got a big opportunity in Pittsburgh when he started all 16 games in place of Maurkice Pouncey. Wallace was the Steelers’ fifth-lowest graded center in 2015, but he could still be a quality reserve for the Packers, Saints, or another team.
    profootballrumors.com

RIP Gene Wilder

^^^
    Would be a good depth signing.

I was reading some article on ESPN saying the Pack should try and sign Vance Walker. Never really thought about it, but would be a good signing for our D. We might be able to get a discount with him coming off an injury.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546