Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Brandon Marshall to the Giants 2yr/12m

Giants signed WR Brandon Marshall, formerly of the Jets, to a two-year, $12 million contract.
    Marshall takes a bit of a pay cut in annual average to stay home in East Rutherford and join a contender. He was initially scheduled to earn $7.5 million from the Jets in 2017 before being cut last week. The Giants badly needed another proven receiver to take some heat off Odell Beckham and provide an upgrade on Victor Cruz. Marshall meets those qualifications and should be in line for a nice bounce-back season in a pass-happy offense that doesn't currently employ a strong on-paper running game or tight end. Eli Manning will have to pick up his play to make it work, however. Marshall turns 33 in two weeks but is back to fantasy WR2 status.
    Source: Newsday Mar 8 - 9:34 AM

That's a really good signing for the Giants.
    Marshall is clearly declining, but he will still be a very productive #2 WR.

Pretty affordable deal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Get Zietler or Whitworth off the Bengals. Either should come in and fit nicely with Richburg and Pugh. Still need to shore up one more OL position after Zietler or Whitworth assuming Flowers goes inside to RG. An upright Eli could work well with a good TE as well. OJ Howard could be that guy. Adding a Dalvin Cook instead of Howard would be interesting if the Giants trade up since Cook is a great RB prospect. The Giants O could be very good next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Get Zietler or Whitworth off the Bengals. Either should come in and fit nicely with Richburg and Pugh. Still need to shore up one more OL position after Zietler or Whitworth assuming Flowers goes inside to RG. An upright Eli could work well with a good TE as well. OJ Howard could be that guy. Adding a Dalvin Cook instead of Howard would be interesting if the Giants trade up since Cook is a great RB prospect. The Giants O could be very good next season.
    I really like Perkins, and we have Vereen. I want Withworth. Sign Withworth, and maybe draft a guard (Lamp) and a TE in the 2nd (Engram, Everett) and call it a day!

Yeah I like Perkins too. If Vereen can stay healthy, I think we are fine at RB for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

This easily makes the Giants the best offense in the NFCE at this point. Protect Eli even a little and I think he puts up top 5 numbers this year.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    I really like Perkins, and we have Vereen. I want Withworth. Sign Withworth, and maybe draft a guard (Lamp) and a TE in the 2nd (Engram, Everett) and call it a day!
    Vereen is a good pass catcher, but cannot seem to stay healthy. I wouldn't be surprised if he is restructured or cut. I would rather go Ryamczk or Bolles at RT with kicking Flowers instead to RG. Not a fan of drafting Everett. But if Cook is available? You have to take him. Perkins and Cook would make a tremendous duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Vereen is a good pass catcher, but cannot seem to stay healthy. I wouldn't be surprised if he is restructured or cut. I would rather go Ryamczk or Bolles at RT with kicking Flowers instead to RG. Not a fan of drafting Everett. But if Cook is available? You have to take him. Perkins and Cook would make a tremendous duo.
    Idk Cook is alil overhyped imo plus he fumbles too much for my liking. My favorite TE is actually Jake Butt but I doubt the Giants draft him. Ryamsck is having hip surgery that's a flag for me and Bolles is 30 yr old rookie, no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This easily makes the Giants the best offense in the NFCE at this point. Protect Eli even a little and I think he puts up top 5 numbers this year.
    I love that signing for the Giants but I think they still need to make sure they address the line in draft and/or FA before they can take that title.
    Yankees Farm System

I wouldn't say that... they still have a lot to prove and Dallas should have a really good offense again this year with that O-line and running game plus Dez. And Washington had like a top 3 offense last year or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

With already a top 5 def

I like the move for the Giants but it's a little premature to say he puts up top 5 numbers. (something he's never done).

They need a run game and an O-Line or they'll still be the same old one dimensional offense they have been. Even with the upgrade at WR, it's easy to stop when you know what's coming, no matter how talented the players are.

City of Champions

Both of these seems pretty premature.

Eli was at best league-average last year, probably closer to bottom 1/3rd. Marshall obviously helps a ton, but I don't know if it's vaulting him that high. And the Cowboys scored 421 points to NYG's 310 last year. That's a ridiculously huge gap to overcome to be saying the Giants are "easily" going to be better than them. They still have needs to fill on that offense too. Better protection and running back play would also obviously help both claims, but we'll see. They were a really bad offense last year, which is why I really was baffled by the postseason hype they got. Marshall alone at this point is not elevating them that high.
    this my sig

I thought it was implied, but I meant contingent on getting Eli better protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I wouldn't say that... they still have a lot to prove and Dallas should have a really good offense again this year with that O-line and running game plus Dez. And Washington had like a top 3 offense last year or something like that.
    I'm talking today though, right now. Sure, other teams will also improve but I think this puts them just ahead of the rest. Washington is also without Garçon/Jackson so what they did last year is irrelevant.

Dallas has more balance, sure, but I'd take NYs offense at this point.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast