Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Brandon Marshall signs two year deal

Adam Schefter
    (@AdamSchefter)
    Brandon Marshall and NY Giants reach agreement on a two-year deal, per source. Marshall doesn’t have to move, now plays with Eli and OBJ.

$12 Mil?

This could be really good or really bad, but it's worth it. Gotta go for one more Superbowl with Eli and we definitely needed another WR.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Meaning 6 per, meaning about 3.5-4 per 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

****, we got a legit 3rd WR option considering Shepard is better than Marshall, but Shepard is going to play out of the slot. Imagine if we draft Njoku or Cook in the first round? Talk about a potentially deep and explosive offense if the right pieces come in to shore the OL too?

I'd like to see us make some cuts and restructures now ... Lets lock up some young FA O-Line

OL and RB is definitely needed. If theres no run attack defenses wll lock up our WR. If theres no good blocking for Eli be will be rushed and that's never good for a QB.

Brandon Marshal is more than a 3rd wide receiver. He's one year removed from a 1500 yard season. He's capable of being a #1 receiver but we only need him to be a #2/3. He's the perfect complement to OBJ and Shepard. He'll automatically improve us in the red zone.

Now we need to focus on improving the offensive line and our run game.

HOLY **** I LOVE THIS

Now get Fasano. No longer care about a play maker TE, just get the best blocking TE available for all those 11 personnel sets we run, so Eli can check into a decent run play without LD or Tye getting blown up.

Get an offensive tackle, a DT and draft a CB and I'm happy as a pig in ****.

Anyone who follows the Jets knows that BM's drop off last year was more QB related than anything. Also Decker went down and the whole offense became experimental.

He's coming to a team where he's a number 2 with a killer slot WR in Shep. He's gonna get single coverage all day. I love this....

IF

...McAdoo returns to the 2014/2015 pass attack style and not the conservative clock killing approach of 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Brandon Marshal is more than a 3rd wide receiver. He's one year removed from a 1500 yard season. He's capable of being a #1 receiver but we only need him to be a #2/3. He's the perfect complement to OBJ and Shepard. He'll automatically improve us in the red zone.

Now we need to focus on improving the offensive line and our run game.
    Exactly Shepard is now #3 , and Marshall in #1 in the RZ

Also, he's a great mentor for OBJ. A guy who went nutso and came back (no offense to his condition....just sayin)

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    ****, we got a legit 3rd WR option considering Shepard is better than Marshall, but Shepard is going to play out of the slot. Imagine if we draft Njoku or Cook in the first round? Talk about a potentially deep and explosive offense if the right pieces come in to shore the OL too?
    How exactly is Shepard better than Marshall?

Anyway, good signing.

Just don't even go down that road. You can't really compare the two.

Different style players (slot v. X)
    Different talents
    Veteran (who may decline) v. 2nd year guy (who could bust or take off)

I don't see Shep playing out of the slot though...don't get that. Maybe in some packages and shifts where they work OBJ out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Just don't even go down that road. You can't really compare the two.

Different style players (slot v. X)
    Different talents
    Veteran (who may decline) v. 2nd year guy (who could bust or take off)

I don't see Shep playing out of the slot though...don't get that. Maybe in some packages and shifts where they work OBJ out of it.
    What games are you watching if you don't see shep playing out of the slot lol? Like 90 % of his snaps were out of the slot

Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    What games are you watching if you don't see shep playing out of the slot lol? Like 90 % of his snaps were out of the slot
    Sorry, brain fart. I meant I don't see Shep playing outSIDE of the slot much.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast