Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Population control?

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think we are at a point where drastic choices need to be made? What is your thinking as a person on how far our populations leaders should go on limiting population growth and or extermination at one point or another? Is there any line that shouldnt be crossed? Its a known fact our planet cant sustain the pace we are at in terms of population plus natural resources and global warming... The growth of our population over the past 50-100 years has been insane.

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    I don't know what kind of policies our country has in place for this sort of thing. It never hurts to plan ahead.

I don't think extermination will ever be an option. Our technological growth will find any answers we seek and we'll be expanding outside of earth eventually as well. Vertical farming is likely to become much more popular.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    I don't know what kind of policies our country has in place for this sort of thing. It never hurts to plan ahead.

I don't think extermination will ever be an option. Our technological growth will find any answers we seek and we'll be expanding outside of earth eventually as well. Vertical farming is likely to become much more popular.
    Vertical farming is a fantastic solution to many, many issues. If you did it in NYC, They could be placed in both the Hudson and East river. The amount of food that could be grown would be insane and it would reduce truck routes, gas consumption and pollution. Do that all around the world and the difference would be dramatic.

The issue is getting the powers that be to do any of this stuff. The resistance from the top is unfortunate.

I am also a believer that there is a sort of population control happening slowly. GMOs are causing infertility in rats. On one hand the GMOs are fantastic because they are a cheap solution to food shortages and could be helpful in feeding mass populations but the small, side effect of infertility among other things is scary.
    Infertility rates around the country are increasing although with the help of IVF the numbers have been twisted a bit.
    It is also increasing more for men.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Population control?

Isn't that the point in getting rid of the Affordable Healthcare act?

Or is that more aligned with Betsy DeVos denying poor kids lunch?
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

interesting issue. We have a few countries (China, India, other parts of Asia) that are multiplying at way too high of a rate. Something needs to give. They MUST stop having so many ****ing kids.

Now, looking around the US, I see a few very obvious things that must change-

poor people springing out babies like they are being paid to do it. Seriously, does one woman need 6 kids from 4 different men? This is happening WAY too much.

Ideally (in theory, since it's not anyone's right to tell someone they can't have a kid), the ability to have a child should be turned off in either men, or women (or both), at birth. Once they reach 25, they are evaluated, and if deemed fit, reproductive organs are turned back on.

I know it's a ridiculous premise, but how many of you constantly see people that would be great parents with 0-1 kid, and people who are irresponsible, terrible parents that shouldn't even be breeding have 3+ kids?

The population growth is not sustainable. That is a fact. Something harsh, will need to happen.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    not in the slightest

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    interesting issue. We have a few countries (China, India, other parts of Asia) that are multiplying at way too high of a rate. Something needs to give. They MUST stop having so many ****ing kids.

Now, looking around the US, I see a few very obvious things that must change-

poor people springing out babies like they are being paid to do it. Seriously, does one woman need 6 kids from 4 different men? This is happening WAY too much.

Ideally (in theory, since it's not anyone's right to tell someone they can't have a kid), the ability to have a child should be turned off in either men, or women (or both), at birth. Once they reach 25, they are evaluated, and if deemed fit, reproductive organs are turned back on.

I know it's a ridiculous premise, but how many of you constantly see people that would be great parents with 0-1 kid, and people who are irresponsible, terrible parents that shouldn't even be breeding have 3+ kids?

The population growth is not sustainable. That is a fact. Something harsh, will need to happen.

I think we should do the opposite. If you put in an energy efficient heating unit you get a tax break. If you get a vasectom, nothing. My eco foot print is so much smaller then yours b/c i am not polluting this world with babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post

Both statements misrepresent proposed policy changes.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think we should do the opposite. If you put in an energy efficient heating unit you get a tax break. If you get a vasectom, nothing. My eco foot print is so much smaller then yours b/c i am not polluting this world with babies.
    I absolutely agree with that. There should be incentive to not have kids honestly. Even if it's a cut in medical insurance rates, or tax breaks.

I absolutely agree with that. There should be incentive to not have kids honestly. Even if it's a cut in medical insurance rates, or tax breaks.
    Kind of is. You have your single rates and family rates. But I do think there should be family plans that only include husband and wife (or partners, what have you). If there are kids involved the plans would be more.

My girlfriend has a child and she has the same plan as someone who has a husband and 2 kids. She's paying for 2 people the same way someone else is paying for 4. I know that's different than what we're saying but maybe have a 2 person plan and a 3 or more person plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Kind of is. You have your single rates and family rates. But I do think there should be family plans that only include husband and wife (or partners, what have you). If there are kids involved the plans would be more.

My girlfriend has a child and she has the same plan as someone who has a husband and 2 kids. She's paying for 2 people the same way someone else is paying for 4. I know that's different than what we're saying but maybe have a 2 person plan and a 3 or more person plan.
    there should be even more incentives imo. However, I also think rates should fluctuate on life choices as well. Obese? Rates are much higher. Smoker? Much higher. etc.

I agree with you as well, the "family" plan should be layered, depending on how many people are on it. Someone with 1 child shouldn't be paying anything close to the same as someone with 4 children for example.

It shouldn't be a penalty per say to have kids, but people need to realize, you have to be able to raise them. If you can't, don't have them. We enable people to spit out kids with no worries about them being taken care of. I get that it would be inhumane to not take care of a child, but my god, get rid of the incentives to irresponsibly have a bunch, and incentivize being a responsible person for crying out loud.

there should be even more incentives imo. However, I also think rates should fluctuate on life choices as well. Obese? Rates are much higher. Smoker? Much higher. etc.

I agree with you as well, the "family" plan should be layered, depending on how many people are on it. Someone with 1 child shouldn't be paying anything close to the same as someone with 4 children for example.

It shouldn't be a penalty per say to have kids, but people need to realize, you have to be able to raise them. If you can't, don't have them. We enable people to spit out kids with no worries about them being taken care of. I get that it would be inhumane to not take care of a child, but my god, get rid of the incentives to irresponsibly have a bunch, and incentivize being a responsible person for crying out loud.
    Wholeheartedly agree.

As for smoking, I've now worked for two companies that actually have a penalty for smoking in your insurance. I think it's like $350/year added on to your premium if you're a smoker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree.

As for smoking, I've now worked for two companies that actually have a penalty for smoking in your insurance. I think it's like $350/year added on to your premium if you're a smoker.
    How do they know?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    How do they know?
    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...FC11&FORM=VIRE

There is just way to much of a benefit for lazy people to having kids... My mom and sister have abused the system from the time my sister was born until my moms death and even today with my sister.. Example... Now my mom did work like a dog but it was mostly in a food truck for years working under the table and collecting food stamps and well fare for us kids... We were a poor family growing up but i never liked the welfare system... My sister did the same thing for the duration of all her kids as well... she has 3 kids... she does uber and makes a ton.. she has a husband who lives with her and she claims 3 kids and only claims he works... She gets like 600 a month in food stamps... On top of this she claimed all her kids and just got 13k back for income tax...

I have seen many mothers in this city do similar things where they just flat out rape the system.. one woman the other day had her 3 kids with her on broad street and was selling her food stamps for cash... Literally every 25 dollars for 10 dollars in cash.

People are having kids for free benefits and healthcare and so on down the list and its disgusting and because of that they just sit home and pop out kids and rinse/repeat.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast