Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm biased I guess. I'll always put Williams at one. He played most of his career in a bit more modern of an era than Ruth.

Then Taking a look the three years he missed to WW2 those three years alone would have allowed him to surpass both Bonds and Ruth in WAR given health. Especially when you consider he had two 10+ WAR seasons then went to WW2 then returned with two more 10+ seasons.

Then you consider he missed almost another two seasons to the Korean WAR.

I'm a Sox fan, he is the GOAT to me
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Bonds was phenomenal (for his entire career but) for like 4 seasons he was out of this world. Ruth and Williams were out of this world for 16-20 seasons. I get putting him at three but I have a problem ranking players from different eras in general.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I said that nobody was better than juiced Bonds, but there were a few better than regular Bonds. I think he was juicing when he was putting up the untouchable numbers in those 4 seasons as you mentioned. I think he started juicing right around 2001. Obviously there is no way to prove when he actually started taking PED's, but that's when his power hit a huge spike so I've always assumed that's when he starting juicing.

That 4 season stretch of Bonds was the greatest modern day player we will ever witness, even if it was tainted.

Now when you go back and look at the numbers that Babe Ruth put up, he was just as dominant. But that was a different era, and we all know how much more difficult it is to dominate on that level in the modern era... steroids or not. Also I think something has to be said about the fact that we never watched Babe Ruth actually play. We see the numbers he put up, but we didn't live through it. But we lived through what Bonds did in those 4 seasons. We know how scary he was every single time he stepped into the batters box... the fear he put in your heart when your favorite team went up against him. We all remember how scary he was to the point where you were totally ok with just intentionally walking him 4 times in a game. Scariest player ever that I witnessed as a baseball fan without a shadow of a doubt.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 03-15-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Mike Trout to be doing what he's been doing is phenomenal btw. It's not easy to do what he's been doing in this era of power pitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I said that nobody was better than juiced Bonds, but there were a few better than regular Bonds. I think he was juicing when he was putting up the untouchable numbers in those 4 seasons as you mentioned. I think he started juicing right around 2001. Obviously there is no way to prove when he actually started taking PED's, but that's when his power hit a huge spike so I've always assumed that's when he starting juicing.

That 4 season stretch of Bonds was the greatest modern day player we will ever witness, even if it was tainted.

Now when you go back and look at the numbers that Babe Ruth put up, he was just as dominant. But that was a different era, and we all know how much more difficult it is to dominate on that level in the modern era... steroids or not. Also I think something has to be said about the fact that we never watched Babe Ruth actually play. We see the numbers he put up, but we didn't live through it. But we lived through what Bonds did in those 4 seasons. We know how scary he was every single time he stepped into the batters box... the fear he put in your heart when your favorite team went up against him. We all remember how scary he was to the point where you were totally ok with just intentionally walking him 4 times in a game. Scariest player ever that I witnessed as a baseball fan without a shadow of a doubt.
    Without a doubt bro. And i dont really care about PEDs that much (at all really).

Some ppl value longevity, some ppl favor a strong peak. I think you a strong mix of both for this. And lets not mistake it, Bonds was beyond great even is his younger years. At this level though in any sport, you can go nearly any order just as personal preference.

To me, hitting more HRs then every other team in the league as a whole, slighty out weighs the batting against relief pitchers evey game.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123