Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    I think it's March 1 because they have to be signed by then to be eligible for the playoff roster.
    No, players couldn't have been playing on another NBA team as March 1st to be eligible for playoff roster.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    The Warriors are breathing a sigh of relief that they don't need to contend with Bogut during the Finals if they get there. I don't think Larry Sanders will fill in well enough for the Cavs as a healthy Bogut would, especially with a long layoff from NBA level basketball, but we will see.
    No fans would think that the Dubs are worried about someone who milk injuries. The Cavs signing Bogut was a coup for the Dubs as Durant will come back sooner .
    Last edited by eDush; 03-07-2017 at 12:52 AM.

Cubs are the world champions!

Larry Sanders might be a better fit anyway. Bogut has been like this all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    March 1 was the deadline for a player to be cut by his team to be playoff eligible. The playoff rosters don't have to be set until April ... I think.

Larry Sanders stepping from nowhere to playing a significant role on a championship hopeful? Yeah I'm sure that wouldn't be at all stressful.
    I wouldn't call it a significant role at all. We just need a freaking center to soak up some minutes here and there and provide a little versatility.

We only have TWO active big men. Two PFs and that's it. TT is undersized and Frye is as soft as toilet paper in the paint.

March 1 was the deadline for a player to be cut by his team to be playoff eligible. The playoff rosters don't have to be set until April ... I think.

Larry Sanders stepping from nowhere to playing a significant role on a championship hopeful? Yeah I'm sure that wouldn't be at all stressful.
    Was gonna say I doubt Bogut woulda played major minutes.

But holy crap, is TT and Frye really the cavs only bigs?? That's crazy, there's also lebron, who's the next biggest body on that roster?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

But holy crap, is TT and Frye really the cavs only bigs?? That's crazy, there's also lebron, who's the next biggest body on that roster?
    I mean they will be getting K love back soon right?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    I think it's March 1 because they have to be signed by then to be eligible for the playoff roster.
    The Warriors signed Barnes Mar 2. I think the March 1 date is just the date they have to be free agents by.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I wouldn't call it a significant role at all. We just need a freaking center to soak up some minutes here and there and provide a little versatility.

We only have TWO active big men. Two PFs and that's it. TT is undersized and Frye is as soft as toilet paper in the paint.
    Your first sentence and 2nd seem to counter each other. Someone who is the 3rd big man and the only true center on a roster ... that seems to me a significant role. Emotionally at least.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

I wasn't talking about minutes, but someone fragile emotionally coming late to a team with championship aspirations toward the end of LeBron's career ... fans could expect the Larry Sanders of 4 years ago ... or I could see Larry thinking fans would think that.

That said it would be nice to see Larry back in the NBA, it seems more likely next season than this though.

The Warriors signed Barnes Mar 2. I think the March 1 date is just the date they have to be free agents by.
    Gotcha.

A lot of people probably haven't noticed, the cavs are horrible in defense. Ranked 20th in the NBA.

If the cavs don't win the title and anyone tries to say this is the reason why they should get a permaban lol. Dude wasnt gonna play HUGE minutes, mostly just a defensive big to help against, mostly eastern conference teams actually.

I think Bogut would have been a legit help but as someone who likes rooting for LeBron and the Cavs, it's a lot easier to do so without Bogut being a part of the team
    this my sig

Your first sentence and 2nd seem to counter each other. Someone who is the 3rd big man and the only true center on a roster ... that seems to me a significant role. Emotionally at least.
    I assumed by 'significant role' you meant someone that would have a big impact on the game. In that way, it wouldn't be a significant role, especially not in the playoffs and when Love is healthy (we went with a Bron/Love/TT/Frye big man rotation last year). Mozgov averaged 5.8 minutes per game in last year's playoffs - I wouldn't call that significant in the grand scheme of things.

However, in the sense that we need minutes soaked up and have a big body as a back-up option off the bench, then I suppose you can call that significant. Right now it's just more glaring because of Love's injury.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

If the cavs lose this year, it would be because of Defense. Bogut wouldn't have played a ton of minutes, but he would have made a huge difference in a game or two in the playoffs.

Adding Korver is a nice luxury, but how many 3 point shooters do you need?

PJ Tucker would have been a better fit.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast