Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    I get why players do it, but I would wish players born and raised in a country played for that country- i.e. Rizzo, Machado, Betances, etc. But that's just me. I couldn't imagine playing for another country but the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I get why players do it, but I would wish players born and raised in a country played for that country- i.e. Rizzo, Machado, Betances, etc. But that's just me. I couldn't imagine playing for another country but the US.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by THINKBLUE15 View Post
    Vasgersian sucks.

"The Americans slay the dragon". Shut up. America is baseball and we have the best players.

"They're going as far as they've ever gone!"

Stop acting like we are underdogs.
    We've never made it to the finals. We've finished fourth one time. We are a .500 team all time in this event. We never send our best players. This year however, we were considered slight favorites.

Every country sends it's very best players. We don't. If our very best players decided to play, we would have a juggernaut of a team year in and year out.

Absolutely!! I think the ONLY eligibility should be where the player is born or is a citizen. Not where one of his parents is born or is a citizen of said country.

But to play devils advocate, some country's may not be able to field a competitive team at all. Or even a full roster of good players for that matter.

Well Canada didn't send it's best players. But it wouldn't matter anyway.

And yes, the eligibility rules are dumb. I think it's stupid that Freddie Freeman played for Canada.

I disagree. A lot of these guys are US citizens but they are their nationality first. If you ask them what they are, they'd say they're Puerto Rican or Domician, not that their Puerto Rican American or Dominican American. Or even American. A lot of them also likely give back a lot of money and time to their national countries even if they weren't born there.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Absolutely!! I think the ONLY eligibility should be where the player is born or is a citizen. Not where one of his parents is born or is a citizen of said country.

But to play devils advocate, some country's may not be able to field a competitive team at all. Or even a full roster of good players for that matter.
    Yeah that's understandable and for those players who aren't good enough to crack their home team's roster, but want to be apart of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I disagree. A lot of these guys are US citizens but they are their nationality first. If you ask them what they are, they'd say they're Puerto Rican or Domician, not that their Puerto Rican American or Dominican American. Or even American. A lot of them also likely give back a lot of money and time to their national countries even if they weren't born there.
    I do understand that point of view. They were probably immersed in that culture which is why they play for that specific country. But to me, this is your home country, where you were born and raised. I'm not going to tell them where to play though.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    If it was up to me (which it's a good thing it's not) you would have to have citizenship somewhere to play for that team. Dual citizens would get to make the choice.

I'm German, 100%. No way in heck I would play for team Germany. Hell, I've never even been to Germany. But it's my heritage.

I'd be fine with a rule such as that.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

This better be the Yadi we see in 2017 lol.

Wow. Wow.

Veteran presence changing this game quickly.

Weirdest first inning that I can remember.

Two great pitches to start the game, then a roll over squibbler for a single

Hit by pitch

Catcher picks off runner at second, trailing runner advances to second
    Single to right, throw into catcher, snap throw behind the hitter celebrating at first, picked off by an inch.
    Mashed left field, two run home run that was an absolute missile
    4-3 ground out

Most eventful first inning I've seen in a long time.

Anyone that claims baseball is boring or slow, needs to be watching the WBC. This has been an awesome classic, and I have become much more interested in it this time around. Partially because of the USA success, but also because the games have been so great.

Just wish the best players were actually here.

Can't believe how many empty seats there are in LA for this. If I lived in LA, I'd be there.

They do everything they can to hide it with manipulative camera angles but yeah, attendance seems quite low for most of these contests. I attended the WBC final in 2013 at AT&T Park for dirt cheap; the crowd was smallest I've ever seen in this ballpark and didn't seem to give two ****s about the action on the field.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    They do everything they can to hide it with manipulative camera angles but yeah, attendance seems quite low for most of these contests. I attended the WBC final in 2013 at AT&T Park for dirt cheap; the crowd was smallest I've ever seen in this ballpark and didn't seem to give two ****s about the action on the field.
    Which game did you attend?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast