Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which would you take first overall 20 years ago?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kobe

39 70.91%
  • Dirk

16 29.09%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Dirk vs Kobe, who would you take 1st overall knowing you have 20 years with them?

Kobe has his antics, but also his competitiveness.

Dirk likes to shoot deeper mid range and create from the pick and roll. But he also helps rim protect and rebound a bit.

Kobe had his good and bad years defensively, creating his own shots better, but also overly shot plenty.

Do you want that stretch 4, or that shot creator 2?

Per game averages
    Kobe - 25.0, 5.2, 4.7, 1.4, 0.5, .447/.329/.837
    22.9 PER, .550 TS, 172.7 WS, .170 WS/48, 48,637 MIN

Dirk - 21.8, 7.8, 2.5, 0.8, 0.9, .473/.381/.879
    22.9 PER, .579 TS%, 200.3 WS, .200 WS/48, 48,169 MIN

Even as a laker fan I acknowledge Kobe is way harder to build around. Dirk is easy to build around, especially in today's NBA.

I do think Kobe is the superior player, but the better player to draft and build around? Dirk.

Dirk and its not close... If it was old school NBA maybe kobe because of his drive and smacking ****ers in place... dirk never had a Shaq/Gasol etc etc etc... I think prime kobe is the better defender but Dirk is the better shooter/rebounder etc.

I gotta go with Dirk here too. Great off-ball player, unselfish, superior playoff performer, can play with everyone, team player. Doesn't mean Dirk is a better player but building around an elite PF is much easier to do than an elite SG.

For a popular well known franchise probably Kobe. For most franchises Dirk simply because he will be more content than Kobe would be.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Kobe is the better player but Dirk would be easier to build around. We've seen it in his career he's transitioned from basically 3 different teams and has had them competing in the west as real contenders. Even in his older years with monta and parsons he still had them in the playoffs.

Give me Kobe.

I'm shocked how many Dirk votes I'm seeing. Say what you will about Kobe, but I think the dude's resume speaks for itself. I'd probably give Dirk the slightest of edges in terms of peak production. But the strength of Kobe's prime both from a longevity and production standpoint is pretty much unmatched by anybody over the last 20 years.

And I don't buy the "easier to build around" argument. You know who's easier to build around? The more talented and productive player. That guy is Kobe to me, and that's coming from someone who has truly hated him since he was in grade school.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm shocked how many Dirk votes I'm seeing. Say what you will about Kobe, but I think the dude's resume speaks for itself. I'd probably give Dirk the slightest of edges in terms of peak production. But the strength of Kobe's prime both from a longevity and production standpoint is pretty much unmatched by anybody over the last 20 years.

And I don't buy the "easier to build around" argument. You know who's easier to build around? The more talented and productive player. That guy is Kobe to me, and that's coming from someone who has truly hated him since he was in grade school.
    +1

And thank you for taking the words out of my mouth about easier to build around which is complete nonsense. Its funny Dirk is getting votes here but those same people put Dirk behind Kobe on their all-time lists.

Kobe.

Dirk if I want a regular season with higher wins. Kobe if I want more championships. Say what u want about Kobe but he will manipulate the front office to get him the pieces he needs to win a title lol. He is aslo more cold blooded in the playoffs, although dirk got over the hump when he hit his 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

This.

Dirk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

I am a known Kobe hater, I can't stand him at all. But he is the answer here. He was legit a top 5 player for over 15 years, which gives you a longer chance. He could also morph into a defensive role if need be, and was simply the better player. Give me Kobe here

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I'm taking Kobe as well..

Kobe. Dirk although I feel he had the most impressive title run to me in modern history, before that there were a lot of soft questions and games I didn't feel he showed up to.

The Truth Hurts.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast