Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Winners and Loser of TDL

For me:

Winners:

1. Tampa - Yzerman clears Filpulla and Bishop off the books, opens a expansion draft slot for Killorn, and clears the way to resign Drouin, Palat, Johnson, absorb Hedman's incoming extension and have room to make other moves if wanted.

2. Canucks - thought the Canucks got real good value and some nice prospects for Burrows and Hansen. Might even be more on the way depending on that Sharks cond. 4th which could become a 1st.

3. Caps - adding Shattenkirk without sacrificing anything off the roster. Already the best team in the league and got better. Yikes.

Losers:

1. Avalanche - It's not even that they didn't move Duchene or Landeskog, but that they didn't move anyone else. They got basically nothing for Iginla (which might actually happen depending if conditions are met on the pick they got), but didn't move anyone else. Nothing for Comeau, Tytuin etc? Smh.

2. Canadiens - Habs need scoring and they did nothing to address that. Instead, pick up bottom 6 forwards and bottom pairing defensemen.

Yours?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Agreed with all of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Was 1995 Eric Lindros available for the Habs to get or am I missing something? It's not like one goal scorer would put them over the top. Not worth selling the farm over. They will make due with what they got and rely on D and goaltending.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Was 1995 Eric Lindros available for the Habs to get or am I missing something? It's not like one goal scorer would put them over the top. Not worth selling the farm over. They will make due with what they got and rely on D and goaltending.
    For me it's more that Montreal basically agreed to give drugs to a recovering addict. For your sake i hope I'm wrong... but they gave Julien all the pieces that essentially got him canned in Boston

I'm not too worried about Ott, Martensen and King getting loads of ice time. If anybody, King will get his fair share on the 3rd line. That's about it.

Winners:

1. Panthers: Thomas Vanek was one of the best rentals available on the market. For a mere 3rd round pick and Dylan McIlrath (acquired for Kampfer and conditional 7th rounder), you get a chance to bolster a 3rd line and a chance to resign him if he does well since Florida is better equipped to handle the salary cap during the expansion draft and FA than a lot of teams. Adam Wilcox was another solid pickup for depth today too.

2. Caps: Adding one of the best PP blue liners in the NHL with a below expected price? Win win. I think the Caps have a tough decision if they want to keep Alzner and Shattenkirk, they have to move a ton of contracts. At the expense of their depth and potentially a core piece? I don't see that happening, so it could be a pure rental here, but it's Cup or bust for the Caps.

3. Calgary: Adding Stone and Lazar before the deadline without giving up crazy assets. Adding those guys with Johnny Hockey, Monahan, and others could lead to a contested playoff spot between two bitter Alberta rivals.

4. Vancouver: Trading Burrows and Hansen to get two prospects and a pick is going to help Benning with his rebuild.

Losers:

1. Edmonton: I think you have to add a backup goalie because Cam Talbot cannot be expected to play every night because most good teams have a solid backup. I would've looked to acquire Halak or Fleury for a cheap rate + salary retention from the Islanders or Penguins. Desharnais didn't make sense to me because Edmonton could've gotten another C like Boyle before the Leafs. They needed more D as well, so maybe adding a guy or two could've helped.

2. Los Angeles Kings: Probably my biggest loser coming in at #2. How do you downgrade King to an old and unpredictable Iggy? Then adding Ben Bishop when Budaj played well all season long in relief? This isn't the same squad that won two titles in a short burst.

3. Ottawa Senators: Boy, that FO hasn't been thinking straight. Adding Stalberg and Burrows (2 year extension) while trading Lazar? I still can't behind that Zibenjad trade. They still are stuck with an injured Bobby Ryan for awhile, so I guess they might have to try to make the playoffs and hope he returns healthy.

4. Montreal Canadiens: They know they're flawed, yet they don't address it properly. They change pretty much their bottom 6 overnight with some head scratchers. Quebec's team will end up as a first round exit because they just simply cannot upgrade their team properly.

Your #1 winner is Florida for getting a talented flake that likely won't show up in the playoffs? Hmmm, wonder who you're favourite team is.

I'm not too worried about Ott, Martensen and King getting loads of ice time. If anybody, King will get his fair share on the 3rd line. That's about it.
    You'd be surprised. King strikes me as a guy you'll get sick of once Claude gets his sleeves rolled up. Ott, Benn, and maybe even Davidson are going to get used more than they should. I'd bet on it personally just because I know the coach and his tendencies

Benn I can deal with. Davidson, meh, he'll be their 8th D-man. Ott will pk and win draws and be a pest if he even gets in the lineup. King isn't the greatest but he's a big strong forward that they are sorely lacking.

Your #1 winner is Florida for getting a talented flake that likely won't show up in the playoffs? Hmmm, wonder who you're favourite team is.
    "Probably my biggest loser coming in at #2" is a key phrase. I didn't do it in order. I just did it sequentially instead of greatest to least.

It feels weird saying this but Benning did a great job. Im excited to see Goldobin tomorrow.

I'd have to say Washington is the biggest winner.
    They did give up some valuable picks for a guy that might just be a rental, but Shattenkirk makes the best team in hockey a whole lot better. If they don't win a cup this year, its never happening.

But one goal scorer and one top pairing D in a weak atlantic division. Can make a big difference. Look at the habs farm team who is that star? And by the time anybody actucallly cracks the roster especially with needing to be a defensive master mind to be allowed to play for cj who on the current roster will be left and if they stay imagine the cap situation.

You got to sell the farm at one point. Maybe not for a rental but one of the avs stars even if it was for two years would still have given this core a shot. Now mtl reward is to play the cross over team and they got no help
    Unleash the Pasta!

A scorer would have been nice, no doubt. But I'm sure the Avs were asking for the moon seeing as none of them were moved.

Guess you don't know about Claude Julien much..... Bottom 6 forwards? Get ****ing ready.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast