Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Rusev The Genie? That Almost Happened!

Rusev admitted that Rhodes gave him a lot of good ideas and a lot of bad ideas as well and went on to share that 'The American Dream' once saddled 'The Bulgarian Brute' with a far less threatening gimmick.

"He has given me so many good and bad ideas that you have no idea! He tried to make me a genie. 'Baby, I see you with that new gear. You look like a genie! I want you to work with that Russian chick, Anya, and she's going to, baby, rub the lamp and you're going to - pop - appear!'" Rusev continued, "he made me do genie promos for the next three weeks. Well, he had the lamp and this kickboxing chick we had back in FCW, she rubbed the lamp and I appeared."

I think I really want to see this happen!

First Sim League Title!

That was actually a pretty good podcast. He was on Jerichos a few weeks ago with Lana. He talked about when he worked at Wendys which was hilarious. He was told that he had to put W's on all the burgers with the mustard. He said how stupid it was because obviously it didn't matter once you put the bun on. He said something to the manager how it was dumb that that if you turned it upside down it was an M for Mcdonalds.

Actually here is the bit about the jobs he had, it was pretty funny:

According to Rusev, he came Stateside as an exchange student and he worked as a painter.
    "I had the opportunity to come to the United States of America as an exchange student, so I had to come for four months, work, and then, go back." Rusev recalled, "I had to paint houses. I never painted in my life. It was 100 outside with 100% humidity. And they expect me to climb a ladder in the third floor and paint."
    The painting gig did not last long, as Rusev was fired after a few weeks.

"I got fired a month later. I got thrown out on the streets because I don't know anybody. I was a month in. I got thrown out by my own comrade, Bulgarian people. They were my employers. They threw me out, literally." Rusev continued, "they threw me out. I had no money. I had nowhere to go. They kicked me out of the house they provided."

Also, Rusev had a short stint working at Wendy's.
    "I worked at Wendy's for a week. No, you just work at Wendy's, right? Three guys there worked and there were seven managers. How is that even [possible]? It's so American. We need more workers than managers." Rusev mused, "'you need to put mustard with a W on top of the burger.' I'm like, 'what? First of all, who's going to open the burger and see the W. And, if you turn it upside-down, it's McDonald's!'" And the manager goes, 'oh, I never really thought about it.'"

, "'you need to put mustard with a W on top of the burger.' I'm like, 'what? First of all, who's going to open the burger and see the W. And, if you turn it upside-down, it's McDonald's!'" And the manager goes, 'oh, I never really thought about it.'"

This was freaking hillarious when I read it out loud, I could picture Rusev being upset saying this to his management and walking out.

Rusev is the freaking man!

First Sim League Title!

He also told a funny story about when he and Lana first started dating. I can't remember it word for word, but he said something like they had been seeing each other for 6 months and Lana asked him if they were officially dating. He said I have been kissing you every day for six months, where I come from that means we are boyfriend and girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    He also told a funny story about when he and Lana first started dating. I can't remember it word for word, but he said something like they had been seeing each other for 6 months and Lana asked him if they were officially dating. He said I have been kissing you every day for six months, where I come from that means we are boyfriend and girlfriend.
    Yea but had Lana's family received the traditional 7 goats? I mean if you haven't given the goats, then you're not really serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    , "'you need to put mustard with a W on top of the burger.' I'm like, 'what? First of all, who's going to open the burger and see the W. And, if you turn it upside-down, it's McDonald's!'" And the manager goes, 'oh, I never really thought about it.'"

This was freaking hillarious when I read it out loud, I could picture Rusev being upset saying this to his management and walking out.

Rusev is the freaking man!
    Those stupid Americans.

Good thing he didn't end up w/ that gimmick.
    First set of inductees for Titans: Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Undertaker

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea but had Lana's family received the traditional 7 goats? I mean if you haven't given the goats, then you're not really serious...
    I lol'd

Ha, after Fastlane he may end up with this gimmick.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

Say it ain't so, Handsome Rusev!

According to F4WOnline, former United States Champion Rusev is scheduled to be absent for a period of time. Although it is not confirmed that healing an injured shoulder is the cause of the upcoming hiatus, Big Show stated that he does have to undergo surgery, which will shelve him for a while.

Rusev has not been involved in any major storyline since his angle with Lana against Enzo Amore dissolved. For a short amount of time, he teamed with Jinder Mahal, but this partnership has ended. During the WWE Fastlane pay-per-view, Rusev competed against Big Show, and was dismantled, receiving multiple chokeslams and a knockout punch. This could have been a way to write him off television while he recovers.
    With just three weeks left before WrestleMania, an appearance is unlikely from the Bulgarian Brute.

It's a damn shame that WWE doesn't know how to write a legit heel. They have one template and it just doesn't work for everyone. Rusev needs to be absolutely devastating or he's useless to WWE.

Send him to Smackdown already. They are desperate for heels and they can make him into a dominant one.

Can't have him on Raw with Samoa Joe and KO.

I bet after his time off to heal he comes back a face.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim