Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,590
    Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    Nba's buyout system is ridiculous lol. Stacked teams getting more stacked. Rich get richer. Its one thing if it saves teams money, but guys on expiring deals anyways, ridiculous. They should have to give up something to sign these players
    I completely agree. They should make you give up a future 2nd round pick to the former team to sign these waiver claims.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,998
    The buyout system isn't the problem, the fact that the NBA has a soft cap and can sign unlimited players to minimum salary contracts despite being way over the cap is.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,371
    Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8:31492314
    Nba's buyout system is ridiculous lol. Stacked teams getting more stacked. Rich get richer. Its one thing if it saves teams money, but guys on expiring deals anyways, ridiculous. They should have to give up something to sign these players
    Make it so if you sign them you have to pick up the remaining balance on their contract. Problem solved.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,371
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiG:31493331
    The buyout system isn't the problem, the fact that the NBA has a soft cap and can sign unlimited players to minimum salary contracts despite being way over the cap is.
    Then over the cap teams wouldn't be able to fill out their roster.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,998
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    Then over the cap teams wouldn't be able to fill out their roster.
    Yup, so if you want to sign that FA, you'd need to manage your cap.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,371
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiG:31493423
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    Then over the cap teams wouldn't be able to fill out their roster.
    Yup, so if you want to sign that FA, you'd need to manage your cap.
    What if you are over the cap and you only have 10 players? You're stuck with 10 players the whole season?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,998
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    What if you are over the cap and you only have 10 players? You're stuck with 10 players the whole season?
    if the NBA were to institute a hard cap, they would have a deadline league year for teams to get under it.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    19,963
    I didn't even know he was still playing, the ****, is he still any good?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,371
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiG:31493504
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    What if you are over the cap and you only have 10 players? You're stuck with 10 players the whole season?
    if the NBA were to institute a hard cap, they would have a deadline league year for teams to get under it.
    I dont see the nba implementing a hard cap anytime soon considering it will make it harder for teams to retain their own free agents by not being able to go over this hard cap, which is counter to all the recent CBA changes and what the nba wants to make it easier for teams to retain their own free agents.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    17,632
    Thread title is still wrong as far as I can tell.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

    I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

    The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    954
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Thread title is still wrong as far as I can tell.
    ?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    H-Town/The Burgh
    Posts
    14,261
    And the douche's get douchier

    Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    And the douche's get douchier
    What are you talking about you still have room to grow.
    Hahahaha oh man addition by subtraction big time. So happy Eyebrows is gone. That tan Bieber was such a waste. Snake oil salesman. You lip-licking, eyebrow-rubbing, skinny jean-wearing, bandana in 60 degree weather-wearing, no defense-playing, false-leading, denture-wearing, drag queen. So happy you're gone. But I will miss jacking it to pictures Of you.
    Mr. Jones on Dlo trade.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    24,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Thread title is still wrong as far as I can tell.
    The signing part is a formality. They already waived Calderon.

    Barnes said the call from GS was one of the best days of his life and a dream come true to come back here, fwiw. He's been on a lot of **** teams since he left here and LA, we'll see if he has any back in the bank.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    9,842
    Welcome back Matt Barnes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •