Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    According to Elliotte Friedman, the Rangers are considered a favorite to land 22-year-old Russian defenseman Alexei Bereglazov. (Sportsnet)

Bereglazov went undrafted in 2012, is 6-4, 192 and has 1 goal and 18 assists this season for Mettallurg in the KHL.

He won Bronze with Russia at the 2014 World Juniors as a teammate of Pavel Buchnevich and was also a teammate of Buchnevich and Rangers prospect Igor Shesterkin in the Euro Hockey Tour last year.

In the preliminary Central Scouting Rankings for 2012, Bereglazov was ranked as the 34th Russian.

Bereglazov was ranked 54th by Central Scouting in their final rankings of European Skaters. (NHL.com)

He had 6 assists in 7 playoff games for Mettalurg this past season.

Adam Rotter: I'm in favor of the Rangers going after every young prospect/former high draft pick/European player, etc because while most won't pan out you can still add a roster player or in the best case one of them develops into a core player and you have Mats Zuccarello.

I'm sure the Rangers have seen Bereglazov a lot over the past few years with all the time they spent watching Buchnevich as well as top goalie prospect Igor Shesterkin play in the KHL. He's a young player, has size and if they can sign him, let him adjust in Hartford for some time and then see if he can be an NHL player. There is no risk involved other than using one of their 50 contract slots, many of which are designated for prospects like him.

I only got to watch the first period but one positive thing I have noticed the last couple games is that Zibanejad is looking stronger and more comfortable out there. He's starting together look like he did to start the year. Secondly I am beyond frustrated with Vesey. Hopefully AV can get through to him about being consistent every shift, every night. As much as people were down on AV about his use of Kreider and Miller when they were developing both guys have turned out great. Hopefully the same can happen with Vesey because he's key to our future.

I have a question,how many of our guys have no trade or no movement clauses in their contracts?

According to capfriendly-5. Lundqvist, Staal, McD, Girardi and Nash. Stepan kicks in next season.

Vesey has been demoted to the 4th line. But he's the better option over starting Pirri or Puempel. He maybe the odd man out once Fast comes tho'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Vesey has been demoted to the 4th line. But he's the better option over starting Pirri or Puempel. He maybe the odd man out once Fast comes tho'.
    He should be but I think they must have promised him that he'd be in the lineup or something, Buchnevich has been better than him for most of the year yet he was sent down. Personally i think they promised something to get him signed, if there wasn't something like that he should have been a prime candidate for the AHL

Report: Rangers sign prospect Tim Gettinger to Entry Level Contract
    4:11PM
    Share:
    The Rangers have reportedly signed prospect Tim Gettinger to an entry level contract. (Renaud Lavoie)

Gettinger was the Rangers 5th round pick last June and has 30 goals and 22 assists this season for Sault St. Marie.

He is 6-6, 220 and was ranked 9th by The Hockey News Future Watch that wrote, "Towering winger from Ohio is a good net-front presence. Having breakout season."

From the Rangers Prospect Report on March 13, "Gettinger registered three points (two goals, one assist) and a plus-three rating in three games last week. The Rangers' fifth round pick (141st overall) in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft recorded two points (one goal, one assist), including his 30th goal of the season, on Mar. 12 at Sudbury. Gettinger has recorded a point in seven of the last nine games, tallying 12 points (seven goals, five assists) over the span. Gettinger has established OHL career-highs in goals (30) and points (52) this season, and he has tied his OHL career-high in assists in 2016-17 (22). In addition, he ranks third on the Greyhounds in goals and is tied for fourth on the team in plus/minus rating (plus-24) this season."

This signing puts us at 47 contracts.

Fast is back, Buchnevich to get bench. This is the BS that pisses me off about AV, instead of playing his best players, he plays his favorites. Jack***!

Fast is back, Buchnevich to get bench. This is the BS that pisses me off about AV, instead of playing his best players, he plays his favorites. Jack***!
    I'm not a fan out Buchnevich being benched either but our team has played tougher since Glass showed up, even liked how Miller went after Petrovic tonight and I'm not sure he would have been so confident doing without Glass on the bench to clean up any mess that might happen later. I hate to admit it but he helps our team toughness. In all honesty we probably should have packaged two players for a better one at the deadline so we didn't have this problem.

I wonder if there is any specific reason that we are a better road team than home team this year?

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I wonder if there is any specific reason that we are a better road team than home team this year?
    It's really strange isn't it?

I wasnt talking Glass being bench, but Vesey---you do realize he leads the team with a -12. Yet AV only talks about Buchnevich playing poor defense.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    It's really strange isn't it?
    Naturally they travel to Minnesota and play a very solid game tonight. Good win.
    I know they are on a bit of a skid by Minnesota is still a top team in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Naturally they travel to Minnesota and play a very solid game tonight. Good win.
    I know they are on a bit of a skid by Minnesota is still a top team in the West.
    That's why I call us the New York Strangers... We win the games we're not supposed to, and lose the ones we are.

I wasnt talking Glass being bench, but Vesey---you do realize he leads the team with a -12. Yet AV only talks about Buchnevich playing poor defense.
    Yeah, Vesey's been very inconsistent this year. But he's still a rookie, and not used to playing nearly as many games as he has this year. I'm sure stress and fatigue of a long grueling regular season has set in a long time ago for him.

I know his +/- is not pretty, but on a positive note: 5 of his 15 goals have been game winners, and I'll take that.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast