Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Just please beat the habs this weekend...being a Canadian fan of the Rangers the worst teams to lose to are the leafs and canadiens , obnoxious fans

It's sad to see us play, and know we're not gonna win anything with AV as our HC. He didn't/couldn't win in Van. with the twins and Kesler and he's not gonna win here. No matter how you put it, if your not gonna play a physical game your not gonna win. There no bite to this team, no one steps up for anyone else( and please don't bring up Kreider comes in for Zuccs because that's not stepping up--going in and fighting for your teammate is stepping up). Every time we play Columbus, Was., Bos., Mon., Phi., LAK, Min., Ana. and Tor.--you see how our guys are pushed around.

Few things I took away from it all is that Pirri and Clendening are showing why they are never nhl regulars. They are soft as butter on the puck. Second, Buchnevich needs to stay in the top 9, and third we need to alter our play against mtl, we never match up well against them, something needs to change. I'm not that down on AV, not gonna throw him under the bus yet. I think we have a lot of injuries in and out of the lineup that didn't help. We could really have used that 5 day break right now.

10:10AM: The Rangers have called up forward Tanner Glass and defensemen Steven Kampfer from Hartford.

Kampfer played one game for the Rangers last week.

Glass has not played for the Rangers this season after being sent to Hartford during training camp.

In Hartford, Glass had 6 goals and 9 assists in 57 games with 86 PIM.

It was mentioned earlier this season that Glass could bring more toughness to the Rangers.

Adam Rotter: A few different things could play into the decision to call up these two players. For one, there is no roster limit after the trade deadline but the Rangers did use two of their four call ups on these guys. Second, the Rangers are going on a road trip and have no spare players right now, so these two at least provide the Rangers with extra bodies they can bring on the trip.

Brady Skjei was supposedly sick and lost 5 pounds on Saturday, so I don't entirely know why Kampfer wasn't called up to play yesterday, but in the event that Skjei can't go tomorrow the Rangers will be prepared with Kampfer.

Glass of course is the lightning rod in all of this. The Rangers have been getting pushed around a bit against heavier teams in the past few games and Glass certainly brings the idea of toughness and physicality. Glass, if he is going to come into the lineup, would almost certainly come in for Matt Puempel. For the same reason of calling up Glass because of the idea of physicality, Brandon Pirri will likely stay in because he brings the idea of someone who can help on the PP.

Pavel Buchnevich has had two good games in a row and won't be coming out for Glass. If Glass gets in he will likely skate with Oscar Lindberg on the fourth line until Jesper Fast can return.

We need more grit on this team.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 03-05-2017 at 03:11 PM.

I don't know, I think you kind of asked for someone to fight for our players and they delivered, I'm not the biggest Glass fan but I don't think it's the worst idea especially if he can play with Lindberg and Fast who can cover up his defensive lapses. I liked what I saw from Kampfer, I don't think Clendening is the answer personally, I think Av's original analysis of his play might be accurate.

I don't mind Glass--he does have some speed, he just gives you zero scoring. I think if he's not gonna fight he at least needs to be more of a pest when on the ice which he's not. For that reason I think Hrivik is the better overall player for us.

I don't think it really matters at this point who we bring up. One guy getting inserted into the lineup playing minimal minutes on the 4th line isn't going to help this team out. We are completely overmatched against all of the physical teams. By the time the middle of the 2nd period rolls around, we are getting pummeled (Not to be confused with Puempeled). Defense is way too slow, the power play has become pathetic, and we're not
    scoring goals anymore.

I will never invest in a mini season ticket pack again..... every home game I attend is a dud.
    Last edited by MJL80; 03-05-2017 at 03:51 PM.

We'll be out in the first round,everyone in the league knows we're soft except for our coach

Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    I don't think it really matters at this point who we bring up. One guy getting inserted into the lineup playing minimal minutes on the 4th line isn't going to help this team out. We are completely overmatched against all of the physical teams. By the time the middle of the 2nd period rolls around, we are getting pummeled (Not to be confused with Puempeled). Defense is way too slow, the power play has become pathetic, and we're not
    scoring goals anymore.

I will never invest in a mini season ticket pack again..... every home game I attend is a dud.
    Last night was a dud for sure but there were a lot of factors in that. Our D core missing 2 normal players and Skjei who lots 5 lbs on Saturday playing through and stomach flu. Missing Grabner and Fast hurts too. Stepan and Kreider are playing through injuries. Personally I think we have to let Glass loose, we've essentially made playoffs now so let's have him send the message you can't take runs at our guys, if I'm coach he gets the green light. We get hurt because teams can take liberties with us, Glass could if he was allowed, help dete that

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Last night was a dud for sure but there were a lot of factors in that. Our D core missing 2 normal players and Skjei who lots 5 lbs on Saturday playing through and stomach flu. Missing Grabner and Fast hurts too. Stepan and Kreider are playing through injuries. Personally I think we have to let Glass loose, we've essentially made playoffs now so let's have him send the message you can't take runs at our guys, if I'm coach he gets the green light. We get hurt because teams can take liberties with us, Glass could if he was allowed, help dete that
    Will never happen with our coach,that is one thing I loved about Torts as our coach we stood up for each other,this crap? it gets me sick to my stomach

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Will never happen with our coach,that is one thing I loved about Torts as our coach we stood up for each other,this crap? it gets me sick to my stomach
    The big problem is that our PP is terrible, I mean it would be one thing if we did what the red wings did years ago and let the other team bury themselves with penalties but we can't even do that. I would love to have Dubinsky back on this roster for some fire. It was why I was hoping for a Ott or Rousell to join the team.

Having said all that we have this team. My healthy lines would be....

Kreider Zibanejad Buchnevich
    Nash Stepan Zuccarello
    Vesey Hayes Miller
    Grabner Lindberg Fast (I know Grabner is our goal leader but I would love to see that line attack)
    McDonagh Smith
    Staal Holden
    Skjei Girardi/Kampfer/Klein
    Last edited by bsi; 03-06-2017 at 07:37 PM.

I don't feel as doom and gloom as some of you on here. I've watched virtually every game this season and I like this team a lot, especially if Hank is stout in net. We have deep lines and some real playoff experience mixed with hungry young guns. We are underdogs against the Pens and Caps but I'll take my chances against anyone in a long series.

Mika might only have 9 goals but I feel like they have all been huge ones.
    Awesome job by Raanta once again.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast