Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Vesey is back down to -11. But yet AV won't bench him.
    Hopefully Vesey works on the defensive part of his game in the offseason. I cut him some slack only because he's a rookie, and has played almost triple the amount of games he's accustomed to. But he should be in a rotation and occasionally get a night off.

What kills me is he's been only scratched once this year, yet Buchnevich gets benched and is a +6.

I hope we can put together a solid trio of pairings on D for Montreal. I'm looking at their team and the way some of their players play and to me I'd make my pairings like this.

McDonagh Girardi
    Skjei Holden
    Staal Kampfer/Klein...while I would rather Kampfer than either Holden or Klein I doubt he gets in. Clendening is a better passer but i think we need a bit of physical play on each line, with Gallagher, Ott,
    Shaw and King on the team we need people to clear the crease so Hank can see the bombs from the point.
    Up front I hope this shakes out

Kreider Stepan Zuccarello
    Buchnevich Zibanejad Nash
    Grabner Hayes Miller
    Fast Lindberg Glass
    While I like Miller with the 2nd line at times I think the chemistry of the 3rd line was really good and the last while we haven't had Grabner with Miller and it's hurt us, Fast doesn't belong on the 3rd line. In all honesty if we had another center on our 4th line I would move Lindberg up the lineup over Fast. Would love to see Lindberg Zibanejad and Nash, but will never happen.

In case anyone was wondering what this team would look like up front without Nash and Stepan, this is it and it isn't good lol.

This should be Kleins last game here...he's been dreadful.

bsi said:
    Today 12:42 PM
    In case anyone was wondering what this team would look like up front without Nash and Stepan, this is it and it isn't good lol.

Come on Kampfer and Clendening we're playing defense and Zuccs, McD and Staal were also out. Defensive play is as much as important as offense. So you're way off the boat here.

bsi said:
    Today 12:42 PM

Come on Kampfer and Clendening we're playing defense and Zuccs, McD and Staal were also out. Defensive play is as much as important as offense. So you're way off the boat here.
    Nope not off the boat...I was talking about our forwards and their ability to play against Ottawa's forwards . Zuc is a big part of it ofcourse but our young guys aren't ready to take top line shut down duties just yet. I like the kids but Nash and Stepan play important roles on this team even when they aren't scoring that the kids can't handle yet. They draw the top pair d on opposing teams and make life easier for the other lines. As far as the defense is concerned, Kampfer I thought had a good game yesterday, more than I could say for the last number of games Holden played. Unfortunately I think we all know Girardi, Staal, Holden and Klein will all be in the lineup to start playoffs and Kampfer will be out.

Beck has looked good to in both games. Big kid, righthanded seems to always be around the puck. Could be a bottom line guy. It says something when he's playing ahead of Hrivik and Jensen.

Beck has looked good to in both games. Big kid, righthanded seems to always be around the puck. Could be a bottom line guy. It says something when he's playing ahead of Hrivik and Jensen.
    Agreed, liked his play. I think unfortunately Buchnevich did little to make his case to play and unless we have multiple injuries up front i doubt he's gonna get to play. Too bad, he's really fallen off a cliff from the start of the year.

I don't see it--AV has benched and even dropped him to the 4th line. He's been skating and making passes--staying busy on the ice. Like I said before he's a +6 and ended up with 20 Pt's in 41 gms. Vesey on the other hand was benched once, played 2-3 gms on the 4th line and ended up a -13 with 28 Pt's in 81 gms. and got to play with Nash & Stepan for a good chunk of the season. Grabner and Hayes were 2 guys who started off hot and cooled as the season went on.

AV should have kept him on the line with Zibenajad and Kreider--the whole season.

I don't see it--AV has benched and even dropped him to the 4th line. He's been skating and making passes--staying busy on the ice. Like I said before he's a +6 and ended up with 20 Pt's in 41 gms. Vesey on the other hand was benched once, played 2-3 gms on the 4th line and ended up a -13 with 28 Pt's in 81 gms. and got to play with Nash & Stepan for a good chunk of the season. Grabner and Hayes were 2 guys who started off hot and cooled as the season went on.

AV should have kept him on the line with Zibenajad and Kreider--the whole season.
    Believe me nobody has pulled for Buchnevich as much as me, but the opportunities he's gotten over the last week and a half have been squandered. He had a real chance to earn a spot back but did nothing with it unfortunately. He's going to be a really good player for us but he's just not there now. Beck looked better than him the last two game and that shouldn't even be close. Not to say Vesey has been good it's just that he seems to be mentally and physically stronger at this point. It could be that he wasn't given the rope others were to start the year and it's affected his confidence but no matter what it is there's no time left to let him figure it out. No matter what it is he hasnt earned the trust of the coaching staff. Knowing AV this is what I feel the lines will be, not my lines, his.

Vesey Zibanejad Nash
    Grabner Hayes Miller
    Fast Lindberg Glass

McDonagh Girardi
    Staal Holden
    Skjei Klein

Sucks that Raanta wasn't able to play today. Already been 2 weeks since his last game action so I hope he isn't to rusty if we need him in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Believe me nobody has pulled for Buchnevich as much as me, but the opportunities he's gotten over the last week and a half have been squandered. He had a real chance to earn a spot back but did nothing with it unfortunately. He's going to be a really good player for us but he's just not there now. Beck looked better than him the last two game and that shouldn't even be close. Not to say Vesey has been good it's just that he seems to be mentally and physically stronger at this point. It could be that he wasn't given the rope others were to start the year and it's affected his confidence but no matter what it is there's no time left to let him figure it out. No matter what it is he hasnt earned the trust of the coaching staff. Knowing AV this is what I feel the lines will be, not my lines, his.

Vesey Zibanejad Nash
    Grabner Hayes Miller
    Fast Lindberg Glass

McDonagh Girardi
    Staal Holden
    Skjei Klein
    Yeah, that looks about right.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Sucks that Raanta wasn't able to play today. Already been 2 weeks since his last game action so I hope he isn't to rusty if we need him in the playoffs.

Yeah, that looks about right.
    Gonna have to correct myself I think, Smith will hopefully be in ahead of Klein...but who knows

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789