Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

I don't know... Third base!

Marc Carig ✔ @MarcCarig
    David Wright's chances of being ready for opening day have taken a hit. Shoulder soreness has halted throwing program. In NY for tests.

Marc Carig ✔ @MarcCarig
    Alderson said Wright has no structural damage but Opening Day is "questionable."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

good. I want Reyes in the lineup as much as possible.

Matt Ehalt @MattEhalt
    Sandy on DW: "Hes not going to be throwing for a couple of weeks, probably not throwing with any real zip for a period after that."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I hope either Evans or Rivera can make an easy transition to third.

Wright belongs in the. AL now as a DH...

So Reyes is the everyday third baseman to start the year, and Rivera is probably now the second IF backup behind Flores.

This is not a bad problem to have. I do want to see Reyes improve the OBP from last year, and hopefully having a a full ST to prepare this year, should make that happen.

This is why we have Reyes and this is why it was so important that Walker signed the QO.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    This is why we have Reyes and this is why it was so important that Walker signed the QO.
    Yup.

To all those people saying that you'd rather use the Walker money on a reliever... how do you feel about it now that Wright and Duda are in question again? Do you think the injuries stop there? Basing it off the last two seasons the answer is no.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I assume the front office is viewing Wright how I am. They are not expecting him (at least in their actions so far) to impact this team. Any positive impact he gives is gravy, but unexpected.

We have TJ, Flores, Cecchini, and Reynolds all ready to go. Which is great depth to have on the infield. Not to mention, if we really needed a good fielding SS, we could bring up Rosario/Guillorme.

Anything you could possibly get out of Wright would just be Icing on the cake. I assume they are thinking the same about Duda as well. Bruce, Flores, Conforto, and possibly Dom if need be.

Our positional player depth is fantastic.

Not sure how this was even a question over the off season and especially heading into Spring Training. Reyes was terrific last year at third, defensively and offensively. Flawless? Hardly. All Star? No way. But he was by far the best option we had and now have at third base. And really, that wasn't bad at all.

Still, he's far from a 160, 150, or even a 140 game player there. Even 130+ starts could be pushing it, I dunno. I've always been bad with numbers anyway. But we will need a fill in, even if Jose does stay healthy all year.

I like TJ Rivera's bat but he was a disaster at third defensively in the few times he was out there. He's probably better suited for second. Wouldn't mind seeing Wilmer play third base when Jose sits.

This idea that David Wright is still a third baseman is Ostrich-Head-in-the-Sand (OHS) stuff. Get him a first baseman's glove. It will be all he can do to make the occasional throw down to second base on sac bunts, not to mention third base. And of course, he's ideally suited for a DH.

This seems to be the reality now.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 02-28-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

I don't think it's out of the question that Rosario gets called up this year. He just looks awesome and if he rakes in AAA he could get a call up at some point this year. That could happen regardless of injuries and other things because he might be our best infielder right now for all we know. He isn't far away from being ready. I'm not suggesting we should rush him, but if he's showing in AAA that he's ready for the call, then he should get the call. I don't think we should automatically assume he needs a full season in AAA.

It's easy right now for everyone so see our roster and say that Rosario will stay in AAA all season and doesn't need to be called up. But things change if Rosario is crushing AAA regardless of what's happening on our MLB roster.
    Marmolololololol

I hope Wright doesn't make it out of Spring training. This insanity has got to stop!

Well this is a real shame for Wright. I thought it was a red flag that he hasn't thrown for so long honestly. His body has broken down sadly. Who knows how long he'll be out now.

I have a feeling we will see this opening day:

3B-Reyes (S)
    CF-Grandy (L)
    LF-Cespedes (R)
    1B-Bruce (L)
    2B-Walker (S)
    SS-Cabrera (S)
    RF-Conforto (L)
    C-d'Arnaud (R)

I have serious doubts about Duda being healthy after experiencing more back pain after missing most of last season and having the whole off-season to recover.

I personally think this lineup gives us the best chance to win anyway given all the information we have.

The bench should be: Flores, Nimmo, Lagares, Rivera, and TJ. Still have quality depth.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I assume the front office is viewing Wright how I am. They are not expecting him (at least in their actions so far) to impact this team. Any positive impact he gives is gravy, but unexpected.

We have TJ, Flores, Cecchini, and Reynolds all ready to go. Which is great depth to have on the infield. Not to mention, if we really needed a good fielding SS, we could bring up Rosario/Guillorme.

Anything you could possibly get out of Wright would just be Icing on the cake. I assume they are thinking the same about Duda as well. Bruce, Flores, Conforto, and possibly Dom if need be.

Our positional player depth is fantastic.
    Don't forget Evans. I don't know if he'll hit enough to play a corner IF spot, but he looks amazing on defense so far this spring.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast