Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones-in View Post
    I watched the Gruden qb camp with Mahomes. He reminds me of Javy Baez a little. Super high risk high reward swing for the fences type. I think it would be hard to pass on him knowing that his ceiling is so high. I would not be mad with him at 3 at all. We have to take a chance on a quarterback. I think we can find a couple starters in the secondary in the later rounds as well as a tight end. If he ends up being a bust so what, we have to start gambling to get a franchise quarterback.
    I agree!

The Bears are in this mess because they wasted so many years trying to make it work with Cutler. They need to bring in a high draft pick at QB every couple years and when they find their guy they need to keep bringing in competition.

I have no problem with Pace taking a QB at #3. He has a good eye for talent and I trust he's done his homework. I don't believe this year will be that much different than other years. The QB's will go a lot higher than they are projected to go. It's a QB driven league. If Pace waits till the 2nd rd the odds are the pickings will be slim.

If the Bears could some how trade down from 3rd overall to 6, 8 or even 10, I could be onboard with Mahomes being the pick if Pace believed he had the tools to mold into a succesful NFL QB.

It's not the player I would prefer at 6, 8 and possibly 10, but I'd understand it.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

2017 NFL Draft Discussion Vol. II

If Foster and Cook are both there in the 2nd, who do you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Branwegner84 View Post
    I think Foster is the better overall prospect and football player.

Defensive Captain in the middle of the defense.

Between just those two options? Foster and it's not even remotely close, though I admittedly don't like Cook as a prospect at all.... Poor attitude, poor fumbling record, and horribly poor athlete for his position.... let alone for a guy being considered anywhere approaching as early a round as he expected to go.

If Cook where there in the third, I'd still reach for Kareem Hunt over him (and I think Hunt has a good shot of being there for our 4th rounder)

Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    At #3, you better be 100% sure he won't be a bust. Taking him round 2 or trading into the late 1st to get him, maybe you gamble but not at #3.
    How can you be 100% sure anybody won't be a bust!? That's my whole point. To say with certainty somebody will be a bust is nonsense.

I don't want the Bears to take a QB at 3, I'd rather we go secondary or better yet trade back, but I won't be shocked if they do indeed go QB

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    You take foster but I have a handful of guys I'd still take above them myself. Based on need but also I'm not as huge on foster.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    1 week away. Right now. I'm betting on a trade down myself. I think some team is gonna fall in love with Fornette (and rightfully so. He is a great prospect.)

Sitting at #3 in front of the Jags. Who could help out that offense by relieving the pressure on qb Bortles. And take the pressure off of his need to so everything. Gives a team a great chance to Move up to get in front of him. I also think it helps seeing a team like the cowboys go from 4th overall to a top team after getting a reliable run game. So everyone will be looking for that elliot impact. Which to me. Fornette is the only offensive player I see having a major impact year one.

That said. There is one major hitch in this plan. Is he there. Rumors the 49ers might take him could ruin that plan. Nobody will know though till we see who is sitting. There. Alot will depend on who goes 1 and 2. But if the is there. I project a team jumping up. Could be the Jets (if Trubiski is gone. Going rb could start to rebuild the offesne) the Panthers, the Bengals (sleeper team imo) Eagles, colts ravens and Redskins all make sense for a real good game chamging RB

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    If the Bears could some how trade down from 3rd overall to 6, 8 or even 10, I could be onboard with Mahomes being the pick if Pace believed he had the tools to mold into a succesful NFL QB.

It's not the player I would prefer at 6, 8 and possibly 10, but I'd understand it.
    I'm with you on the trading down, but unless the other team is trading up for an elite pass rusher, elite OLT, or QB it's hard to find a trading partner. If Pace can't trade down and a QB is there that he has in the top 12-15 I hope he takes him. QB is the most important position.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilo View Post
    I'm with you on the trading down, but unless the other team is trading up for an elite pass rusher, elite OLT, or QB it's hard to find a trading partner. If Pace can't trade down and a QB is there that he has in the top 12-15 I hope he takes him. QB is the most important position.
    I think both Fournette and Trubisky make sense or at least present plausible scenarios.

From what I've gathered:

QB at #3: Automatic bust
    Defense at #3: Automatic perennial All-Pro

Quote Originally Posted by drumr470 View Post
    From what I've gathered:

I'd be fine with Trubisky at 3rd overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    I'd be fine with Trubisky at 3rd overall.
    I would like Trubisky or Watson at #3. If not, I would like them to trade back into the 1st if a QB drops

I've went full ******. I would prefer Mahomes over Trubisky, even at number 3

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by drumr470 View Post
    From what I've gathered:

Someone better tell Dion Jordan about this.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast