Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I agree with Kyle. There shouldn't be any backlash. If taking a few shots or playing a few minutes in a game with no defense did him in it was only a matter of time. From the sounds of it it's minor though and it's to fix a chronic issue that started long before. Better to get him to 100% than let it bother him any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage:31504446
    Meh. To me i think he would have gotten injured anyways if the condition presented itself. Him doing basketball activites while injured because of basketball activities... He could be be reinjured this past week of games and he'd be gone for the regular season and playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From what I've learned, it was one of those injuries that felt good one day and then went to back to pain the next. He didn't think it was that serious until he had it checked.

I agree that it sounds like it was just a matter of time before he had to sit out. The good thing is he did it sooner rather than say now when he may have to miss playoff games. The silver lining in all this is that he could return a week before the playoffs start.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    From what I've learned, it was one of those injuries that felt good one day and then went to back to pain the next. He didn't think it was that serious until he had it checked.

I agree that it sounds like it was just a matter of time before he had to sit out. The good thing is he did it sooner rather than say now when he may have to miss playoff games. The silver lining in all this is that he could return a week before the playoffs start.
    Exactly.

He was playing basketball while injured from a basketball injury.

Better to lose him now and being on the current timeline than being injured two or three weeks after all star break and missing him for the first series of playoffs.

This is where Casey needs to actually coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we are 5-2 so far without him while half the rotation learns how to play together , so Casey must be doing an ok job.. ;-)

Ibaka and Tucker have fit right in seamlessly, Delon is getting his first real playing time in the NBA and yet we just keep on rolling.

Keep on hating people...

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Well we are 5-2 so far without him while half the rotation learns how to play together , so Casey must be doing an ok job.. ;-)
    Not trying to "hate" on Casey, at this point we all know his strengths and weaknesses so there's not much more to say, but "5-2" really isn't much of an argument. We played Pelicans, Bucks, Knicks, and Blazers during that stretch. If we just beat the sub .500 teams, we'd have 4 wins.

The Boston win was great, but we beat Knicks by a point, and we lost to Bucks. It's not exactly a set of games to be very excited about.

Ibaka and Tucker have fit right in seamlessly,
    That has been really good to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    I personally don't mind it so at least that would give him the needed rest for the playoffs.

To remove Loose bodies is likely an Arthroscopic Surgery. I don't think there is any kind of structural damage like a tendon or a ligament. 2-3 weeks healing time with additional week of rehabilitation.
    He will be ready for the playoffs with a rejuvenated body and the hunger. Don't ever question this guy's heart.

He can just run the offense and involve everyone but initially avoid to shoot as it may require a lot of reps to regain his accuracy.
    Lowry is in NYC for a routine checkup 2 weeks after surgery on his wrist. Word is he's progressing well, doing some light dribbling
    I'm excited for him and this team. Hopefully he can at least play 3 regular season games.
    “We’re never going to be a high-assist team”, Casey said Thursday morning during an appearance on on SN590 The Fan’s Starting Lineup, “The way DeMar plays, he gets his points off the dribble and in one-on-one situations, and it takes away from that high-assist number. But we have to get the ball moving— and knock down shots once it is.”

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    Not trying to "hate" on Casey, at this point we all know his strengths and weaknesses so there's not much more to say, but "5-2" really isn't much of an argument. We played Pelicans, Bucks, Knicks, and Blazers during that stretch. If we just beat the sub .500 teams, we'd have 4 wins.

The Boston win was great, but we beat Knicks by a point, and we lost to Bucks. It's not exactly a set of games to be very excited about.

That has been really good to see!
    In thankfully of that record considering we are with out our best player

I don't understand why we can't accept the fact that Lowry is out and the team is gonna struggle with out him. How would Boston do with out Thomas? Or Cleveland with out Lebron? It's a reality every team in a star driven nba faces. U lose your best player and you are absolutely ****ed..

Hell look at the GSW struggling with out Durant and they still have a 2 time mvp in his prime and two allstars along side him..

The raptors are no different.. Lowry is the heart and soul of the team with out him there's no engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    I'm excited for him and this team. Hopefully he can at least play 3 regular season games.
    I'm feeling optimistic.. Lowry needed this rest bad.. and the fact that he could still run and be active is a bonus because he can stay in shape.

Hopefully the hand responds, I feel like with this rest he could have a great post season for a change

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I'm feeling optimistic.. Lowry needed this rest bad.. and the fact that he could still run and be active is a bonus because he can stay in shape.

Hopefully the hand responds, I feel like with this rest he could have a great post season for a change
    The playoff seeding is very important. We need that 3rd spot. Boston IMO has an easier schedule from here onwards although IT is out for their next two games. Catching them (4 games back) with only 14 games to go maybe difficult. Wiz are in a little slump so Raps have to start a streak to catch them.

But if the stars don't align and we end the season as the 4th best team in the east standings then Masai may have to start early his offseason blue print.

Cavs being full strength now that Love, JR and the additions of Korver, DWill and Sanders and their ever potent relentless three point shooting plus of course their Alien, it's just formality.

*** knowing that Raps can't defend the three point shooters even if their lives depended on it ****

^ let alone defending the 3, they can't shoot 3s either. trading 2s for 3s is probably the worst team makeup and strategy ever of a playoff contender with championship aspirations.

Why can't they defend the 3? Who said anything about trading 2's for 3's? DC has said recently he wants them to take more 3's, and since acquiring Ibaka and Tucker I think they have done a pretty good job defending everything, including the 3. They are down to 8.3 makes per game against them in March after their last 2 games holding Det and Indiana to a combined 9 for 43.

Hopefully tomorrow night they can keep the momentum going and finally beat the Bulls to get that monkey off their back. With Tucker to play against Butler in the 4th, and no more McDermott to rain 3's on us I like our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    ^ let alone defending the 3, they can't shoot 3s either. trading 2s for 3s is probably the worst team makeup and strategy ever of a playoff contender with championship aspirations.
    Correct!

Listen the bottom line is that this league has become pathetic in the case of competition. There's "No" hope in hell any team in the east can defeat the cavs. With baseball anyone has a shot come playoffs. Hockey same thing. Mls same thing. Tennis anyone can defeat anyone on any given day. There is no hope for any team in the east and if there was it evaporated with this bs of players opting out and going to teams like cabs for pennies. It's funny and it's not because basically everyone is playing just to avoid cavs in the second round.

Taking away Lowry and Ross has hurt that area for sure but adding Lowry and hopefully Carroll and PP are completely healthy by Playoff this team should be able to keep up at the 3pt line. Defending it hasn't been an issue lately this team is a top 5 defensive team since the trades.

Why can't they defend the 3? Who said anything about trading 2's for 3's? DC has said recently he wants them to take more 3's, and since acquiring Ibaka and Tucker I think they have done a pretty good job defending everything, including the 3. They are down to 8.3 makes per game against them in March after their last 2 games holding Det and Indiana to a combined 9 for 43.

Hopefully tomorrow night they can keep the momentum going and finally beat the Bulls to get that monkey off their back. With Tucker to play against Butler in the 4th, and no more McDermott to rain 3's on us I like our chances.
    the best player on the team shoots only 2 pointers. and he takes the mosts shots, in a league where all championship calibre teams (and best players) can shoot 3s.

Raps have a good team. top 10 defense top 10 offense. are they a great team?

against Spurs, Cavs and GSW, Raps were outshot every single time from 3 point range. to be a great team, you need 3 point shooting (which always keeps you in games) and defence. coincidence the top 3 teams in 3 point shooting are Cleveland, San Antonio and Golden State. Cleveland has been coasting all season long and injury in the middle of the season to Love. Don't even think we have seen their best yet, at all. which is kinda scary. GS hit with an injury to Durant, been mediocre last month or so. but both players coming back.

I don't think i've seen one game where the Raps lost when they were shooting well from 3 point range. It is the Raptors greatest weakness. lack of 3 point shooting - and the person who takes the most shots on the team do not shoot 3s well.

god i can't wait for Lowry to be back.

the best player on the team shoots only 2 pointers. and he takes the mosts shots, in a league where all championship calibre teams (and best players) can shoot 3s.

Raps have a good team. top 10 defense top 10 offense. are they a great team?

against Spurs, Cavs and GSW, Raps were outshot every single time from 3 point range. to be a great team, you need 3 point shooting (which always keeps you in games) and defence. coincidence the top 3 teams in 3 point shooting are Cleveland, San Antonio and Golden State. Cleveland has been coasting all season long and injury in the middle of the season to Love. Don't even think we have seen their best yet, at all. which is kinda scary. GS hit with an injury to Durant, been mediocre last month or so. but both players coming back.

I don't think i've seen one game where the Raps lost when they were shooting well from 3 point range. It is the Raptors greatest weakness. lack of 3 point shooting - and the person who takes the most shots on the team do not shoot 3s well.

god i can't wait for Lowry to be back.
    Why doesn't he practice the three more in the offseason? Maybe he does maybe not enough..

If anyone from the raps is reading this lol, tell coach the only hope we have against cavs/Boston/wizards is to roll with

Lowry
    Demar
    Tucker
    Paterson
    Ibaka

This to me is the strongest line we have! Obviously if the other team goes big val goes in but this is the strongest and best chance you will have at closing a game out.

If somehow we end up going to the finals you do everything possible to stay in the game until the forth quarter.

In the end they can only play 5 players ee should look to do this

Lowry/kyrie
    Derozan/jr smith
    Tucker/lebron
    Paterson/love
    Ibaka/tristón

I believe Lowry and kyrie offset eachother maybe a hair for kyrie over Lowry. Derozan clearly better then jr, tucker will have a task but who better then artest type player to guard lebron? Ibaka wins over tristan and so to me the two key factors are tucker containing lebron but more importantly can Paterson rise to the occasion and outplay love in a series? I believe so

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast