Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    The new CBA makes a massive difference though.

Giving a top pick in a loaded draft to save the 4 million in the example you provided is absolutely absurd. Other teams could accommodate that for far lesser assets. Philadelphia has an absolute ton of draft picks, it would be very easy to parlay some of those early 2nds with an unwanted contract to free up that space. Dumping a high end asset to free up cap space when you are already 60 million below the cap isn't accounted for well by your logic or example .

Maintain/create business relationship? No one gives away lottery picks for that.
    The world of PSD, where you post an article and then you're asked to defend it. You asked why Philly would do it, I explained. It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not, teams make lots of illogical moves to fans I even provided an example of a team doing something similar. Miami gave away four first rounds, two seconds and a right to swap first round picks when they didn't have to. This example is perfectly relevant because neither player signed for max money and Miami had money to just sign both outright, you don't think that was to maintain good business relationships?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    The world of PSD, where you post an article and then you're asked to defend it. You asked why Philly would do it, I explained. It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not, teams make lots of illogical moves to fans I even provided an example of a team doing something similar. Miami gave away four first rounds, two seconds and a right to swap first round picks when they didn't have to. This example is perfectly relevant because neither player signed for max money and Miami had money to just sign both outright, you don't think that was to maintain good business relationships?
    You don't have to defend it if you don't want to, but you liked something about it that I don't think makes any sense. I think it was a pretty poorly written article and that section was clearly uninformed about the present CBA. My critique is of his article, not with you. He specifically states in his article that the 76ers would make the trade for Lowry's "bird rights" which you can't actually do in sign-and-trade deals anymore. I quoted the reason why that isn't possible from Larry Coons FAQ and you added your own reasons to defend the idea.

You chose to defend it and I still don't see any of your examples as comparable. The change in the CBA to not allow the benefits of a Sign in Trade that existed previously were done in direct response to the manner in which the Big 3 occurred. I don't think the picks were for business relationships at all. In a sign and trade int he previous CBA, higher increases were allowed per year on their salaries and an extra year in term. They were able to sign for less in the initial year as a direct result of doing a sign and trade to free up extra space to sign Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem to have reliable pieces around the big 3. Trading those picks had tangible benefits for their roster. Bennett's suggestion offers no tangible benefits for the 76ers to trade a lottery pick in a loaded draft. It isn't even close to the same thing.

Why on earth would Kyle Lowry choosing to sign with the 76ers when he is no longer under contract with us hurt our business relationship with that team (or theirs with us)? It is a player decision, not an organization abusing the system in some way.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 03-30-2017 at 08:34 PM.

I was overly excited him shooting with his post surgical hand, I thought he'll be back against the Sixers. But the time is near ....

Lowry took part in today's limited workout and will speak with the media .... probably grudgingly.
    Magic number for the Raps is 4 to get the 3 spot. Even if Wiz sweep their last 5, we still have the tiebreaker.

Cavs will put down the hammer tomorrow night against IT and company to reclaim numero uno
    “We’re never going to be a high-assist team”, Casey said Thursday morning during an appearance on on SN590 The Fan’s Starting Lineup, “The way DeMar plays, he gets his points off the dribble and in one-on-one situations, and it takes away from that high-assist number. But we have to get the ball moving— and knock down shots once it is.”

I was thinking maybe Wednesday but going by what Lowry was saying that's it's still sore I'm thinking Friday at the earliest. If he's not good to go then, then we're looking at 2 games max for him to get back up to speed. Not ideal.
    Josh Lewenberg‏Verified account @JLew1050 2m2 minutes ago
    Lowry hasn't gone through a full workout, only doing some light shooting w/ the right hand. Says he'll make the call when he's ready to play
    (((Eric Koreen)))‏Verified account @ekoreen 7m7 minutes ago
    Lowry on what he did today
    “Nothing. Stand on the court with the team….
    “I mean, ... I played with the ball. I dribbled a little bit.”

At least there are signs of progress, but I'm not too optimistic his shooting stroke will be in the best form for the first round. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12:31546388
    I was overly excited him shooting with his post surgical hand, I thought he'll be back against the Sixers. But the time is near ....

Lowry took part in today's limited workout and will speak with the media .... probably grudgingly.
    Magic number for the Raps is 4 to get the 3 spot. Even if Wiz sweep their last 5, we still have the tiebreaker.

Cavs will put down the hammer tomorrow night against IT and company to reclaim numero uno
    Whoever tweeted that was right, he was definitely not happy doing that interview.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

What a massive game this is tomorrow night in Boston. If Boston wins than they have a very good chance at finishing first. I just hope we don't match up with Chicago in the first round.

I have alsmot given up on the regular season after reading that and am now starting to worry if Lowry even makes it back for game 1 of the playoffs though. He still isn't really doing anything and we have just over one more week in the regular season. If all they did was "remove a few lose bodies" I don't see why he wrist is still so sore. People who break their wrist can be back in 6 weeks ffs... I think he will get one game in at the most, at it will be in Cleveland on the 12th. They can get him an extra 3 days if he doesn't play Sunday night in NY and I don't see him playing 5 days from now if he still can't do anything but stand on the floor and lightly dribble.

I think this team is actually still good enough to win in round 1 without him if everyone else is 100%. It will be in rounds 2 and 3 where we may need our all-star PG back at full strength.

Kyle Lowry now questionable, meaning return likely close. Today or Friday, anything later would be surprising.
    “We’re never going to be a high-assist team”, Casey said Thursday morning during an appearance on on SN590 The Fan’s Starting Lineup, “The way DeMar plays, he gets his points off the dribble and in one-on-one situations, and it takes away from that high-assist number. But we have to get the ball moving— and knock down shots once it is.”

Good news, he looked pretty natural shooting during warm ups in the pregame show last night. Hopefully he feels ok today and get get back out there with the team. I imagine after seeing the team get jacked up last night at the end he is going to want to play tonight...Hopefully he can come back so we can see what this team can do before our match up with Cleveland next Wednesday night. I just hope he is actually ready if he does though, as the last thing we need is a set back now with a week left in the season..

Playing tonight

This is a different team with Lowry. After watching the games since the allstar break, it's so evident how much more talent he has then the average pg. think I was taking him for granted before.

Scoring needs to pick up though. Jack had an interest in point about needing to score 125+ consistently to beat the cav's/warriors in a series.

You better hit 10+ 3 pointers per game if you are going to put up that many points. Lowry is by far our most frequest taker (and maker) of 3's. The question is can Ibaka, Tucker and Carroll help him out. When they are knocking down their open shots we normally win.

We have 2 guys now with the ability to take over a game in the back court again. Either one is capable of dropping 30+, and now we have some guys in the front with them who can finish at the rim and also knock down shots.. The playoffs are going to be fun again this year !!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567