Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

NCAA alleges 21 violations against Ole Miss

Ole Miss has a self-imposed bowl ban for this upcoming year. But that certainly won't be enough to satisfy the NCAA given the accusations that range anywhere from giving recruits thousands of dollars to academic fraud both in the classroom and helping recruits cheat on their ACT exams. The term Lack of Institution Control was used and that usually means the hammer is coming...

Perhaps the best one is that they gave a recruit +$13,000 only to get spurned at the last moment as the kid signed somewhere else.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...t-updated-2017

Marcus Mariota

While it sucks for Ole Miss, I firmly believe this is going on at most major college programs. Usually when a college imposes restrictions on itself, they are less than what would be imposed by the NCAA.

Oh absolutely. There have been a couple guys from my area that played for my high school go to BCS programs and tell me as much. I know and talked to two guys that went to a SEC and ACC school and talked about how much of a joke the drug testing and academics were for the athletes. That there were workarounds for them to get money.

Hell just look at those violations against Ole Miss some of them clearly show that it was going on elsewhere as well. You think that kid that got $13,000 decided to go to the other program without getting anything? One of the violations they talk about having contact about compensation with Cam Newton's father. I guess he went to Auburn without any compensation even though its now documented that he wanted compensation from Ole Miss and Miss State.

Marcus Mariota

I agree that it would be pretty naive to think that players chose a different school that wasn't paying them. They find some booster to hire a relative to funnel the money. They pay off those who do the drug testing and academic testing. Some student athletes aren't even told when tests are scheduled.