Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Immigration Discussion

https://www.yahoo.com/news/emboldene...160727871.html

It's no longer just illegal immigrants Republicans now want to stop, it's legal immigrants too.

Republicans are introducing a bill to halve legal immigration.

I think some thread specificity is good. Everything seems to be getting lumped into two mega threads.

I'll share my thoughts when it's not 4:45 on a Friday and I'm ready to get my weekend on!
    this my sig

can we at least make sure it's the hot women immigrants getting through?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

i like women with accents

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

And no kids.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/emboldene...160727871.html

It's no longer just illegal immigrants Republicans now want to stop, it's legal immigrants too.

Republicans are introducing a bill to halve legal immigration.

does it stop legal immigration all together? no. it just cuts back to what could be seen as a more appropriate level.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/0...erican-workers

'Focus on American Workers First': Cotton's Bill Would Cut Legal Immigration in Half
    On Tuesday, Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and David Perdue (R-GA) announced legislation designed to cut legal immigration to the U.S. in half.

The Reforming American Immigration for Strong Employment Act, or RAISE Act, would reduce the number of green cards issued annually from one million to 500,000.

On "The First 100 Days" tonight, Cotton responded to critics of the bill, some of whom have called it "Draconian."

He said that 500,00 green cards per year is closer to historic norms in the U.S., and it's still very generous when compared to many other countries.

"What I simply think we need to do is get a legal immigration system that works for American workers," Cotton said.

He explained that wages have stagnated for blue collar workers over the past several decades, while immigrants have come to the country in record numbers.

"I think those two things are directly connected. With my legislation, we're going to focus on American workers first."

how dare someone want to do something that would help American people.

Yes because anytime someone says it helps American people it must be so.

Conservatives when discussing illegal immigration "we have no problem if you come into the US legally"

Conservatives now "we have a problem with you coming in legally"

Well considering the way everything is going people only have to worry about this stuff for the next 4 years.... Because the Republicans will never win a Presidential election again at this rate.

Marcus Mariota

My stance is quite simple. I'd stop immigration immediately from more countries then Trump did. But immigration from other countries should be increased in states where the birthrate has dipped to dramatic levels. States like Vermont, Maine, West Virginia, New Mexico ect ect could use a population boost to fight aging population. Utah, Colorado, Texas and North Dakota are instances where they don't need many immigrants, because the population is already growing at a good rate.

I don't know how feel about limiting immigration. I do not care the way we are treating people that are already here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    can we at least make sure it's the hot women immigrants getting through?
    Trump probably needs one more wife, so I'm sure that this will happen.

ICE agents have been stationed in Brooklyn not too far from me. They covered a 1 1/2 mile radius and I've already heard of people being detained.

People who think immigration is a big problem can...Well, I'm not even gonna say it.

Yea, they're running raids here in central Cali. This one guy got the boot, been here since he was 7, wife n kids here

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    People who think immigration is a big problem can...Well, I'm not even gonna say it.
    I'm certainly sympathetic to the emotional component but how can you say someone who wants to enforce the law "can...." (presumably f off)? I mean you do see the other side right? This isn't evil Trump vs. innocent lamb widows and orphans. Immigration has been a serious issue in this country for longer than you've been alive - it's just we've been a one-party state and the ruling class benefited greatly from illegal immigrants as a cheap underclass.

To play the devil's advocate, to some people this looks like immigrants who break the law by coming here, complain when the laws are enforced, and then try to use their privileged status as an illegal immigrant to jump ahead in the citizenship line over legal immigrants. If the rule of law was so offensive to the constitution of these immigrants then maybe they should have stayed in the nations (primarily Mexico) that they came from where the rule of law has little to no respect.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yes because anytime someone says it helps American people it must be so.

Conservatives when discussing illegal immigration "we have no problem if you come into the US legally"

Conservatives now "we have a problem with you coming in legally"
    is immigration being completely stopped?

did you miss the part where it says..
    He said that 500,00 green cards per year is closer to historic norms in the U.S., and it's still very generous when compared to many other countries.
    when American citizens including homeless veterans can't find jobs or even housing, why should America be taking in historic levels of new immigrants? how about taking care of America first.

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast