Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Exactly

Immigrants have been the farmers in the united states for 100 years. Agriculture in America would not exist without them
    They are HUGE in construction too, lots of development taking place thanks in part to them. Lots of projects take off that otherwise wouldn't, having an actual, real trickle down effect (not like the bail outs they sold you on) on our communities.

I'm not saying this supports the idea of having open borders, but it certainly makes a case against having catch and deport programs actively casting huge nets out there. So even if we're gonna just ignore the clear cut inhumanity in some of these cases, there's still a pure numbers and economics argument to be made

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    the majority of welfare recipients are immigrants now, how do you think this will look once given amnesty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Source please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sick: the above is the post that you should ask for a source since the fact that immigrants being on welfare (food stamps, by far the largest program) is 100% illegal.

Yeah the majority of welfare recipients are white Americans. Not minorities and not immigrants since yes that's illegal. It goes to the BS that it's being fed to many and they buy it.

Also if illegals were such a burden to states why two of biggest states that have undocumented people living in them are willing to protect them? It's because they create a surplus to their economy. Even if they send billions to their home countries, they produce billions for their economy because yes they pay rent, they buy food, they buy clothes and most of their children are US citizens, so they set roots here.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    States have no power to stop a deportation. Just saying this is a fact.

then why are Democrats working so hard to protect these illegal immigrants from being deported. why is there even a term called "sanctuary cities".

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Along with the left, I myself would not want to cooperate with this idea of deporting an illegal any time they commit a crime. Why? Because it is too destructive to too many people that have done nothing major enough to warrant them dealing with those consequences.

For example, a child who was brought over at age 3 illegally, who at age 36, with a wife and four kids, commits a very non serious crime, for example littering...these are just NOT the type of regulations we need to subject ourselves or our neighbors to.

So the idea of blindly deporting any illegal immigrant for committing any crime is just beyond stupid. It's way too extreme. The pros don't out weight the cons, overall. Not even close.

These ICE raids are bull ****, nothing more than something for the great white hope to cheer over. But we got too many colors in Cali, that's why we collectively say **** the White House out here

Implementing harsher punishments for crimes, that's fine. Blindly deporting ANY illegal for ANY crime is just irresponsible because of how devestating it could be due to possibly very very minor offenses. It's just not worth it
    who is being deported for littering? there are some minor crimes that are not a big deal, but there are many other crimes that are a big deal and make things harder for other legal Americans.

how about any illegal immigrant get documented to become an American citizen, then none of them would have to worry about being deported.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    then why are Democrats working so hard to protect these illegal immigrants from being deported. why is there even a term called "sanctuary cities".

who is being deported for littering? there are some minor crimes that are not a big deal, but there are many other crimes that are a big deal and make things harder for other legal Americans.

how about any illegal immigrant get documented to become an American citizen, then none of them would have to worry about being deported.
    If it were that easy, wouldn't they all have done it by now? I mean, you gotta THINK, at least a little

Who is being deported for littering? Illegal immigrants are. Who else?

Democrats are working hard to keep the federal government from forcing the states to engage in clearly unconstitutional action.

Source please.

what exactly do you want a source for? & what sources do you trust?

in other words, it would be easier for you to look it up yourself if you want to know but be more specific and I'll find you a source.

Haha, they are actually playing a huge part in building this country. Without them, development would be much much slower
    Contractors use illegals because they can pay them less, and they don't have to worry about paying taxes, unemployment insurance, and social security. Illegals have driven down wages because contractors are so accustomed to getting the low prices on labor. We all, then, have to lower our wages to be able to compete. When folks lose their jobs and are unable to pay their bills or taxes, it affects everyone.

Two groups of people enjoy the fruits of illegal immigration, the rich who hire and the illegals themselves who generally earn the same wages minus the benefits.

Since immigrants think its okay to call Americans lazy ( of course their are lazy people in all culture)
    I find this to be fair game

The majority of illegal immigrants coming in are Stupid (less educated) and the work they are doing now will be filled by automation, what to do with them then?

Guaranteed Minimum Income For All? NO! DON'T TREAD ON ME
    Last edited by kevin13697; 07-17-2017 at 04:29 PM.

If it were that easy, wouldn't they all have done it by now? I mean, you gotta THINK, at least a little

Who is being deported for littering? Illegal immigrants are. Who else?
    can you show me 1 illegal immigrant that was deported for littering. not another minor crime, actual littering.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Democrats are working hard to keep the federal government from forcing the states to engage in clearly unconstitutional action.
    Democrats are working hard to protect illegal immigrants because they want immigrants overall to vote for them. it's politics. it's also why they were rushing to get illegals documented before the election.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ship-applicat/

DHS trying to rush citizenship applications in bid to affect election, memo shows

Sens. Grassley, Johnson demand answers from department, which had previously denied doing that
    The Homeland Security Department is granting as many citizenship applications as it can to try to sway participation in this year’s presidential election, an internal department document shows.

An email obtained by Senate Republicans shows a Texas immigration office demanded volunteers to work weekends, hoping to get as many people onto the citizenship rolls as possible before the end of September — which would give them enough time to register to vote in November.

Democrats and immigration groups had launched a drive to try to get eligible immigrants to become citizens in time to vote against Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. The advocates fell well short of their goal of registering 1 million citizens, but the 600,000 they didn’t get to sign up by June have created a massive backlog that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is now working through.

The memo from a branch chief at the USCIS Houston field office said in the July memo that the goal was to get as many applications approved as possible “due to the election year.”

Sens. Chuck Grassley of Iowa and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, chairmen of two committees with oversight of the Homeland Security Department, demanded answers from Secretary Jeh Johnson.

“Your department seems intent on approving as many naturalization cases as quickly as possible at a time when it should instead be putting on the brakes and reviewing past adjudications,” the two Republicans said in a letter to Mr. Johnson.

They pointed to an audit this week that found more than 800 illegal immigrants from terrorism-connected regions of the globe who’d been ordered kicked out of the country, but who were instead approved for citizenship because USCIS didn’t properly check their fingerprints.

Last week USCIS told The Washington Times that no special efforts would be made to push citizenship applications through because of the looming election.

“We adjudicate applications, as well as educate and inform on the benefits of citizenship, irrespective of elections,” agency spokesman James R. McKinney told The Times.

The new email, though, contradicts that.

In a statement late Thursday, USCIS said it tries to approve applications within seven months of the time they’re filed. The agency said it predicted an increase this year ahead of the elections, but got caught flat-footed by how big the increase was.

“USCIS has detailed staff to offices experiencing increased workloads and has authorized overtime for many offices. USCIS has also shifted some workloads to other offices to meet our normal processing times,” said Shin Inouye, a spokesman for the agency.

“USCIS certainly encourages our naturalized citizens to be active participants in our democracy. However, like other citizens, no new U.S. citizen is required to register to vote, or participate in any election. The issue at hand is our desire to ensure naturalization applications are processed within our normal times,” the spokesman said.

In the first six months of 2012, which was the previous presidential election year, the agency received nearly 500,000 applications, and processed only about 363,000 of them. This year the agency received about 538,000 applications in the first six months, and approved nearly 367,000.

But in 2012 the agency didn’t appear to make a last-minute election push. In the final four months ahead of the election the agency made almost no progress on the 135,000-application backlog that built up in the previous months, according to a Washington Times analysis of agency statistics.

The push to approve new citizens in time for the election is not a new tactic. The Clinton administration attempted the same thing ahead of the 1996 election — with the result being massive fraud. Tens of thousands of people were approved despite criminal records, and nearly 200,000 were approved without going through fingerprint checks that could have revealed criminal records.

“We sincerely hope history is not repeating itself,” Mr. Grassley and Mr. Johnson wrote in their letter.

Immigrant- and Hispanic-rights advocates had entered 2016 with high hopes of a massive surge of new citizens eager to vote — and in particular to vote against Mr. Trump, who has made cracking down on illegal immigration a central point of his campaign.

There are some 8.8 million immigrants who have been in the U.S. for at least five years as legal permanent residents, making them eligible to apply for citizenship. Those immigrants are heavily Hispanic, and 30 percent are Mexican.
    more voter fraud, but we don't need to go there now for this topic.

it's all politics. Democrats know Republicans are against illegal immigration, so by default the Democrats have to be on the other side. it's why the left refuses to say the actual word "illegal" when talking about these immigrants, and would prefer to call them "undocumented".

Then you have none, no viable reputable source.

https://www.numbersusa.com/ might be a good source if your looking for general questions

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    what exactly do you want a source for? & what sources do you trust?

in other words, it would be easier for you to look it up yourself if you want to know but be more specific and I'll find you a source.
    Then you have none, no viable reputable source.

Damn it is a terrible thing to try to get people their citizenship in time for them to properly exert the full force of their citizenship. And I'm going to need much more than the Washington Times saying there was fraud. How about a real newspaper or newsroom?

The Washington times?

I'll accept FOX news before then, maybe the NY Post.

They like extreme left wing sources like Think Progress and they'll tell you it's unbiased, lol.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast