Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    I have more faith in him going 7 strong innings over every single pitcher on the staff not named Syndegaard and DeGrom. You can say it's ST overreaction but thats my opinion. I have very little trust in Harvey or Wheelerright now.
    From a guy who has logged 44 major league innings? Look, I get the skepticism on Wheeler, Harvey and Matz but its still way too early to declare Gsellman our third best SP.

Lugo looking pretty filthy, gave up two well hit balls in the top of the third but has 6 ks thru 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granderson looks great this spring and is seemingly showing no signs of decline. That's good to see. Curious to see how that translates to the beginning of the season.

Last time he had a good spring was 2015 and we know how that season went.

Lugo didn't have the best final performance but it wasn't disastrous either. I think he is a very serviceable ~5-6 inning pitcher for us

Numbers dont mean anything until May 15. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Numbers dont mean anything until May 15. Just sayin'.
    #gospel
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    #gospel
    The Bishop has spoken.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

1. Reyes/3B
    2. Cabrera/SS
    3. Cespedes/LF
    4. Granderson/CF
    5. Walker/2B
    6. Bruce/RF
    7. Duda/1B
    8. Plawecki/C
    9. Gsellman/P

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    1. Reyes/3B
    2. Cabrera/SS
    3. Cespedes/LF
    4. Granderson/CF
    5. Walker/2B
    6. Bruce/RF
    7. Duda/1B
    8. Plawecki/C
    9. Gsellman/P
    Pretty close to the opening day lineup
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

I think Wheeler and Harvey both have a plan to ease back into form, concentrating more on building stamina and control than what the radar gun is reading right now. Harvey said as much earlier in the spring - not going to overdue it. I think he's still pitching way under 100% effort still - to minimize any setbacks. Hes a competitor and I am not worried so far this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    I think Wheeler and Harvey both have a plan to ease back into form, concentrating more on building stamina and control than what the radar gun is reading right now. Harvey said as much earlier in the spring - not going to overdue it. I think he's still pitching way under 100% effort still - to minimize any setbacks. Hes a competitor and I am not worried so far this spring.
    I agree with this assessment. However, unless both make substantial strides in their next and last start of the spring, I'd leave both in St. Lucie for extended ST. No spotlight, no pressure. Just time to build strength and regain their stuff while capable, game-ready pitchers (Gsellman and Lugo) cover for them.

Wow our offense sucks lol

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930