Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Why not? I read it's probably going to be Wade. How much more does Torres have to show them?
    Yep. I'm glad Wade is getting a shot but the way they are treating Torres is exactly what I've been saying about the Yankees "protecting" players too much. It may simply be a contract issue with Torres and that sucks.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yep. I'm glad Wade is getting a shot but the way they are treating Torres is exactly what I've been saying about the Yankees "protecting" players too much. It may simply be a contract issue with Torres and that sucks.
    He's also not on the 25. So you have to take that into account. If Didi is going to be out for a short time, it isn't worth putting him on it and losing someone else.

Why not? I read it's probably going to be Wade. How much more does Torres have to show them?
    Wade was really stroking the ball (until he went 0-5 over the past two games). I have been really impressed by all of our guys, specifically Torres (didnt think he was near ready for the show, now i think he is pretty dang close), Wade (super utility man), Bird (mashing extra base hits), Judge (looks a bit better at the plate), and McKinney (didnt like him, looks like he can handle the bat though). Frazier has been hitting well too but hasnt drawn a walk... wtf is that!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I dont blame them either way. If they want him to be a tad bit more seasoned i get it, but some guys thrive off being thrown to the wolves. Some times the Yankees bet their guys hang to long in the minors and i think it does more harm than good- pays a toll on their psyche and they stop getting better.

Just give Torres the SS job with Didi out now!

It can't hurt, he can hold his own.....

And then trade Didi when he returns as Torres will not be giving the job back IMO!

It is time add another piece of the puzzle with regards to the young pups of the organization....
    Nick

And most Yankee fans would love to see Bird, Sanchez, Torres in the 2017 Opening Day lineup, so make it happen
    Cashman!
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    And most Yankee fans would love to see Bird, Sanchez, Torres in the 2017 Opening Day lineup, so make it happen
    Cashman!
    And there's no reason that Bird and Sanchez won't be in the lineup, unless you know something no one else knows. and if Torres plays because Didi isn't ready, he'll be gone as soon as he is ready. He isn't replacing Didi. That's ridiculous.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    And there's no reason that Bird and Sanchez won't be in the lineup, unless you know something no one else knows. and if Torres plays because Didi isn't ready, he'll be gone as soon as he is ready. He isn't replacing Didi. That's ridiculous.

I'm ready for Torres to take over now! Send Didi packing if Torres does well....we are talking about a team in transition with very little chances of making the postseason in 2017! We need to see if these kids can play and quit signing players like Chris Carter and Holliday!

I like Didi but we have a new kid in town! Jeter got his chance when Tony Fernandez broke his arm and he never looked back! The same can happen with Torres! Why does he have to play more in the minors? Some prospects are just ready without a lot of minor league experience....He may be the next Trout! He was 20!
    Nick

Tony Fernandez was 40. Didi coming off a great year isn't going anywhere because of a shoulder injury. Torres is definitely a keeper. It'll be interesting to see what the Yankees do down the line . It's not going to happen right this moment though

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    I dont blame them either way. If they want him to be a tad bit more seasoned i get it, but some guys thrive off being thrown to the wolves. Some times the Yankees bet their guys hang to long in the minors and i think it does more harm than good- pays a toll on their psyche and they stop getting better.

I can understand not rushing him. My comment was based on his performance thus far. Sure he could probably benefit from some additional seasoning. But as mentioned above, Yanks tend to sit on prospects too long in minors, they can get stale and lose that edge. It appears he is the heir apparent. What harm would there be in giving him an early start? He has options, can easily be sent down if he struggles. Give the kid the shot.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I'm ready for Torres to take over now! Send Didi packing if Torres does well....we are talking about a team in transition with very little chances of making the postseason in 2017! We need to see if these kids can play and quit signing players like Chris Carter and Holliday!

I like Didi but we have a new kid in town! Jeter got his chance when Tony Fernandez broke his arm and he never looked back! The same can happen with Torres! Why does he have to play more in the minors? Some prospects are just ready without a lot of minor league experience....He may be the next Trout! He was 20!

what fun story it would be

thing is

both jeter & trout played some AA & AAA where as this kid hasn't played above A

the other thing is

and I'm not sure how much of a factor it is if any but

he's never played in cold weather

I think all of the above is to much considering all the other options we have
    Last edited by pinstripezac; 03-21-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post

what fun story it would be

thing is

both jeter & trout played some AA & AAA where as this kid hasn't played above A

the other thing is

and I'm not sure how much of a factor it is if any but

he's never played in cold weather

I think all of the above is to much considering all the other options we have
    Didi is an all-star, lefty bat and a team leader. He's not going anywhere, yet. Provided that there is no permanent damage to his throwing arm, he is also a better fielder, Torres future might be at 2B.

Sending Torres to Trenton accomplishes both the AA experience and playing in cold weather deal. This helps with his development. As soon as he masters AA, he'll shoot into AAA, especially if Wade is already in the majors.

Wade is being groomed for a utility player role like a Ben Zobrist. Part of that role is to be able to play shortstop when needed. This is a good opportunity to see how Wade plays under pressure. He can get ML at bats and display his fielding ability.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Didi is an all-star, lefty bat and a team leader. He's not going anywhere, yet. Provided that there is no permanent damage to his throwing arm, he is also a better fielder, Torres future might be at 2B.

Sending Torres to Trenton accomplishes both the AA experience and playing in cold weather deal. This helps with his development. As soon as he masters AA, he'll shoot into AAA, especially if Wade is already in the majors.

Wade is being groomed for a utility player role like a Ben Zobrist. Part of that role is to be able to play shortstop when needed. This is a good opportunity to see how Wade plays under pressure. He can get ML at bats and display his fielding ability.
    I agree and thank u for not saying brock holt we don't need no stinkin block holt ;-)

funny how much better the farm is

I think a yr ago we would have been excited with castro back at SS and refsnyder getting a shot at 2B

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Putting Torres wastes a roster spot on the 40 man roster, we might end up losing someone in next year's rule 5 draft. It also starts torres' major league career and we'd have less years of control. But the main reason is that he hasn't played above high A ball. Let him go through each level and get better offensively and defensively. He needs to play a full season at one of the high levels in the minors and prove he can do this on a consistent base. We pushed Severino to the majors pretty fast, he looked like an ACE. Look at him now. We did the same with Joba. We have plenty of options in case Didi has to miss any time.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Putting Torres wastes a roster spot on the 40 man roster, we might end up losing someone in next year's rule 5 draft. It also starts torres' major league career and we'd have less years of control. But the main reason is that he hasn't played above high A ball. Let him go through each level and get better offensively and defensively. He needs to play a full season at one of the high levels in the minors and prove he can do this on a consistent base. We pushed Severino to the majors pretty fast, he looked like an ACE. Look at him now. We did the same with Joba. We have plenty of options in case Didi has to miss any time.
    Ok, I get it.....I just wanted to see this lineup right now!

If I was Cashbox I would have this lineup set for 140 games in 2017 to see what they can do as a unit, win or fail would be no concern, just to gain major league experience...I would not care about minor league experience, just throw them out of the nest and see who can fly..

1. Mateo 2b
    2. Torres ss
    3. Bird 1b
    4. Sanchez C
    5. Judge rf
    6. Frazier cf
    7. Ellsbury DH
    8. Anujar 3b
    9. McKinney LF
    Nick

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast