Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Been to four games so far. I know best. Trust masher and Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Does he throw a regular or circle change? I would love him to get better location and more differentiation between that and his FB. I feel like an 89-90 MPH changeup is too close to his fastball.

I also agree with Dayners, a two seamer might really suit him. I think he could do great with a 4 seam, 2 seam and Change. Keep the slider for sure but focus on those three and sprinkle in the slider to really get a guy off balance.
    i believe he throws a straight change, he just throws everything so hard and he doesn't have a ton of movement on any of his pitches last yr. This yr the CU looks better at times but he's still throwing everything so hard, he has hit 99 with his fb already this early in the spring. I would just like to see him learn a two seam so he had another pitch with some movement and that way he had a FB that was a little closer in velo to his CU and SL. Then when he needed to he could throw his 4 seam by hitters in the high 90's and get away with not having a ton of movement on it.

Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Been to four games so far. I know best. Trust masher and Leo.
    This guy has been to four Spring Training games. Trust his conclusions based off that incredible sample size from Spring Training.

The idea of Sevy throwing a 2 seemer for a cutter is probably not new. At the same time, it may sound easy but for some guys it's not depending upon the pitchers mechanics. I've seen some guys who just change the grip and the 2 seemer comes naturally.. and others where their mechanics have the 4 and the 2 seemer looking identical. With a guys who is struggling with control, you don't want to mess with his mechanics.
    The cutter is a different can of worms.. some guys just can't get comfortable throwing it. (though the guys who have trouble with 2 seemers due to mechanics normally pick up the cutter quickly... simply because that problem is an actual benefit with the cutter)

Heck, he may already be throwing them and you just can't see the movement... but since his control is not good, the movement is not helping him. We need to remember, if YOU (a fan) can see the movement.. so can the hitter and they can adjust really easily.

I expect that at this time, the pitching coaches are worried more about his control than about the movement they are getting... because without the control, the movement does not help.

10 glaring observations from Spring Training
    Yankees provide plenty of intrigue three weeks before breaking camp
    03/13/2017 5:17 PM ET
    By Jack Curry

"There will be some periods this season in which opposing teams fear him (Bird) more than any other player in the lineup, including Sanchez. Bird can be that good."

"Gleyber Torres is 20 years old and he was the most fascinating Yankee I saw all spring." "Torres is talented enough to push the timetable and force the Yankees to accelerate him through the system....This kid is going to be an All-Star."

http://www.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...t_id=219215994
    Last edited by drt1010; 03-13-2017 at 06:33 PM.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Bitter....Yanks will feature Sanchez, Bird, Judge, Torres, Frazier and possibly Fowler today but the game isn't on TV.....DDAAMMNNIITTT

Estrada 2nd base
    Torres SS
    Judge RF
    Sanchez C
    Bird 1st base
    Frazier LF
    Andujar 3rd base
    Fowler CF

Bench: Wade and Austin

New York Yankees‏Verified account @Yankees

3/14 #NYYSpring lineup at TB:
    Torreyes SS
    Sanchez C
    Bird 1B
    Holliday DH
    Headley 3B
    Judge RF
    Frazier LF
    Williams CF
    Torres 2B
    Severino P
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Bitter....Yanks will feature Sanchez, Bird, Judge, Torres, Frazier and possibly Fowler today but the game isn't on TV.....DDAAMMNNIITTT
    Check ESPN in your area, they are carrying the game in select markets. NOT NY metro unfortunately.

River Ave. Blues‏ @RiverAveBlues 6m6 minutes ago

Gary: HR
    Bird: Triple
    Gleybar: Double

Erik Boland‏Verified account @eboland11 1m1 minutes ago

Gleyber Torres, already having a standout spring, takes Odorizzi the other way on a full-count pitch, a two-out RBI double that makes it 2-0

MLB Pipeline‏Verified account @MLBPipeline
    #Yankees No. 1 prospect Gleyber Torres swats an RBI 2B. @MLB's No. 3 now hitting .450 in #SpringTraining.

Erik Boland‏Verified account
    @eboland11

After going 2-for-3 today Gleyber Torres is slashing .455/.458/1.000 in 13 games this spring

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Erik Boland‏Verified account
    @eboland11

After going 2-for-3 today Gleyber Torres is slashing .455/.458/1.000 in 13 games this spring
    Starlin to third and Torres to second. When Andjuar is ready, trade castro.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Andujar is still a bit away. I would expect another full season between AA and AAA. Maybe a sept. call up but idk.

Makes sense. I would still rather see Torres at SS. It may pan out as you suggest. Torres is playing too well to be ignored, to find him playing time it may be at 2B, considering Didi is mashing as well. I agree with NJbaseball, Andujar is still a year or so away. Although also knocking at the door!

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast