Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Real quick...how clutch is Didi right now for the Netherlands. 3 doubles tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYChase28 View Post
    Real quick...how clutch is Didi right now for the Netherlands. 3 doubles tonight.
    Designated hitter Didi Gregorius contributed three doubles, including the game-tying hit in the eighth inning to power the Netherlands' offense. The Yankees' shortstop accounted for each of the first five Netherlands runs.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/218423...icid=209143850

Seems to me he IS the offense!
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

im going to be sabathias biggest fan even though ive been against him for a while, if he continues to let his facial hair grow and start the rebellion against the yankees no facial hair policy.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    im going to be sabathias biggest fan even though ive been against him for a while, if he continues to let his facial hair grow and start the rebellion against the yankees no facial hair policy.
    His logic is genius!

"I am going to use the hair of the beard to catch crumbs from the snacks I eat between innings. That way I will have something to nibble on while I pitches if I gets peckish." CC

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Somebody needs to explain to me why in the hell Rothchild or one of the other Yankee coaches hasn't taught Sevy to throw a 2 seam or cutter yet if they want him to be successful starter. Its great that he's throwing 99 but his FB is so straight most of the time if he doesn't have pin point control MLB hitters are going to punish him. With as hard as he throws he'd still throw a 2 seam or cutter 94-96 with some movement which he desperately needs; it would also help keep batters off balance and help change their eye levels.

Its not like either are an incredibly tough pitch to learn to throw, I work with LL's and the ones that have a pretty basic idea how to pitch usually pick it up in a couple weeks. It would also make his CU more effective because he throws his fb 10plus mphs harder than his CU. One of the keys to a good CU is having a very similar arm speed on both their FB and CU; ideally a 6 to 8 mph difference is what they try to get it at. More or less than that it can be like tipping pitches to the hitters.

IMO the best thing the Yanks could do if they want Sevy to have the best possible chance to be a successful starter long term would be start him in AAA. Let him start in AAA where his stats aren't going to be over analysed and teach him to throw a 2 seam and mostly work off that. It would give him some much needed movement on his FB, it would hopefully make his CU more effective because his arm speeds for both pitches would be much closer and he would still have the ability to blow hitters away with his high 90's 4 seam when he needs to.

I just think he has a special arm and huge potential to be an elite starter if he is able fix/ learn a few things. If he doesn't figure some stuff out i think he's going to end up in the BP sooner than later. An elite reliever is never a bad thing but an elite starter especially for a team thats rebuild its rotation is so much more valuable

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Somebody needs to explain to me why in the hell Rothchild or one of the other Yankee coaches hasn't taught Sevy to throw a 2 seam or cutter yet if they want him to be successful starter. Its great that he's throwing 99 but his FB is so straight most of the time if he doesn't have pin point control MLB hitters are going to punish him. With as hard as he throws he'd still throw a 2 seam or cutter 94-96 with some movement which he desperately needs; it would also help keep batters off balance and help change their eye levels.

Its not like either are an incredibly tough pitch to learn to throw, I work with LL's and the ones that have a pretty basic idea how to pitch usually pick it up in a couple weeks. It would also make his CU more effective because he throws his fb 10plus mphs harder than his CU. One of the keys to a good CU is having a very similar arm speed on both their FB and CU; ideally a 6 to 8 mph difference is what they try to get it at. More or less than that it can be like tipping pitches to the hitters.

IMO the best thing the Yanks could do if they want Sevy to have the best possible chance to be a successful starter long term would be start him in AAA. Let him start in AAA where his stats aren't going to be over analysed and teach him to throw a 2 seam and mostly work off that. It would give him some much needed movement on his FB, it would hopefully make his CU more effective because his arm speeds for both pitches would be much closer and he would still have the ability to blow hitters away with his high 90's 4 seam when he needs to.

I just think he has a special arm and huge potential to be an elite starter if he is able fix/ learn a few things. If he doesn't figure some stuff out i think he's going to end up in the BP sooner than later. An elite reliever is never a bad thing but an elite starter especially for a team thats rebuild its rotation is so much more valuable
    He definitely throws a slider, which at times... a hard slider can be very similar to a cutter. I've seen his slider at 91 and 92 but it probably sits 88-90. Thats very hard. Maybe that would be the problem with a cutter.

I would have him keep talking to Pedro. Similar stature and power but Pedro had so much movement on everything (pedro also had extremely long fingers but its looks like Severino's hands are fairly big too). I think an adjustment to the 4 seam grip or a 2 seamer would do wonders.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    He definitely throws a slider, which at times... a hard slider can be very similar to a cutter. I've seen his slider at 91 and 92 but it probably sits 88-90. Thats very hard. Maybe that would be the problem with a cutter.

I would have him keep talking to Pedro. Similar stature and power but Pedro had so much movement on everything (pedro also had extremely long fingers but its looks like Severino's hands are fairly big too). I think an adjustment to the 4 seam grip or a 2 seamer would do wonders.

Does he throw a regular or circle change? I would love him to get better location and more differentiation between that and his FB. I feel like an 89-90 MPH changeup is too close to his fastball.

I also agree with Dayners, a two seamer might really suit him. I think he could do great with a 4 seam, 2 seam and Change. Keep the slider for sure but focus on those three and sprinkle in the slider to really get a guy off balance.

New York Yankees‏Verified account @Yankees
    3/11 #NYYSpring lineup vs DET:

Gardner LF
    Ellsbury CF
    Sanchez C
    Holliday DH
    Bird 1B
    Castro 2B
    Headley 3B
    Judge RF
    Torreyes SS
    Tanaka P

On YES 1:05pm
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

I would say Tanaka got off to a great start. 2 innings, no base runners, no runs, 6 k's.

total 3 innings, no hits, no runs, no bb's, 6 k's

bird with another double, seems like this dude only gets xb hits

Tank. perfect through 4. 7 k's sitting 89-90 (looks like his 2-seamer though- a lot of back door action).

Holliday goes oppo for a 3 run shot.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Holliday goes oppo for a 3 run shot.
    - Catcher Gary Sanchez was 2-for-3 with his third homer of the spring, a two-run, opposite-field shot to right in the first inning off Tigers left-hander Daniel Norris.

-- Designated hitter Matt Holliday hit a three-run homer to right-center off righty Edward Mujica in the fifth to pad the Yankees lead to 6-1. A 1-for-3 afternoon has Holliday batting .409 with two homers through nine Grapefruit League games.

-- Shortstop prospect Gleyber Torres hit an opposite-field homer to right in the sixth off left-hander/former Yankee Justin Wilson.

-- The Yankees lead the Grapefruit League with 24 homers.

all 3 opposite field to RF...........gotta love that

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    - Catcher Gary Sanchez was 2-for-3 with his third homer of the spring, a two-run, opposite-field shot to right in the first inning off Tigers left-hander Daniel Norris.

-- Designated hitter Matt Holliday hit a three-run homer to right-center off righty Edward Mujica in the fifth to pad the Yankees lead to 6-1. A 1-for-3 afternoon has Holliday batting .409 with two homers through nine Grapefruit League games.

-- Shortstop prospect Gleyber Torres hit an opposite-field homer to right in the sixth off left-hander/former Yankee Justin Wilson.

-- The Yankees lead the Grapefruit League with 24 homers.

all 3 opposite field to RF...........gotta love that
    How can you not?!!!!! That's fantastic.

Andrew Miller sucks lol

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast