Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Donald Trump vs Marijuana

The Trump Administration will step up enforcement of federal laws barring recreational marijuana in states where its use is legalized, the White House said Thursday.

Asked about the conflict between federal laws barring recreational marijuana and the handful of states that allow it, White House spokesman Sean Spicer said the Administration would change direction from the more permissive approach under President Obama.

"I do believe you'll see greater enforcement of it," Spicer told reporters Thursday during the White House briefing.

It would represent the latest policy shift from the Obama Administration, which declined to enforce federal laws in states that legalized weed, such as Colorado and Washington, as long as the states regulated the marketplace. As he prepared to leave office, former President Obama came out in favor of legalizing marijuana.

He added that the Trump Administration would not seek to enforce federal statutes against those using marijuana for medical purposes.

Spicer repeatedly linked the use of marijuana to the nationwide opioid abuse epidemic, suggesting without offering proof that marijuana is a gateway drug to more serious substances.

Earlier in the briefing, Spicer touted the president and the GOP's commitment to deferring to the states over the federal government on controversial issues.“We are a states’ rights party," he said while discussing a reversal of Obama-era guidance on transgender student bathroom use.
    http://time.com/4681109/white-house-.../?xid=homepage

Spicer linking marijuana to the use of opioids abuse... Thoughts?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Legal opioid painkillers are the gateway drug to illegal opioids. The prescription drug abuse problem is the biggest drug epidemic in society today. Marijuana has little to do with it.

Donald Trump vs Marijuana

Thank god. So many ****in stoners in this country and no one wants to admit that it's actually not good to have this **** legal. It's no good for you. No matter what stupid stat you pull out of your *** about it, it's not good for you. The negatives outweigh any positives by a long shot. Stop being a stoner and let it go. Weed is illegal. Cope with it in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Thank god. So many ****in stoners in this country and no one wants to admit that it's actually not good to have this **** legal. It's no good for you. No matter what stupid stat you pull out of your *** about it, it's not good for you. The negatives outweigh any positives by a long shot. Stop being a stoner and let it go. Weed is illegal. Cope with it in other ways.
    You know what's not good for you? Just about everything that you or I enjoy. People (and I mean people in the singular sense but also in the government sense) should mind their own business and if someone wants to do something stupid, let them. So long as they aren't endangering someone else's life (notice how stoners never do this), then you need to leave them alone.

This was the worst part of the election. Neither candidate gave a **** about pot at a time when it's a pretty big issue.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Aust is online now BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Spicer repeatedly linked the use of marijuana to the nationwide opioid abuse epidemic, suggesting without offering proof that marijuana is a gateway drug to more serious substances.
    That's about right.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

It makes perfect sense that a bunch of people who know nothing about it should be the one's in charge of making up laws and regulations for it.

Start taking into consideration the political folks involved all love pharma money I am sure and it's a slam dunk for sure lol
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do.
    ZdlR

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Legal opioid painkillers are the gateway drug to illegal opioids. The prescription drug abuse problem is the biggest drug epidemic in society today. Marijuana has little to do with it.
    Perfect!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do.
    ZdlR

I think this should be a states issue not a federal issue. I'm not particularly in support of legal marijuana but I do think it is hypocritical to have alcohol and cigarettes legal but pot be illegal. Ultimately like I said it should be up to the states to decide.
    Official Kevin King Crew

Anyone else still waiting on the GOP to realize they always campaign so loudly as the freedom party but then do **** like this? It's an amazing thing to run saying "rarara freedom and Murcia" while blasting the Democrats as hating those things and then hating those things.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

Weed is a gateway drug b/c everyone in the world has done it

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'm in favor of legalizing weed. I'm tired of my tax money going to enforcing laws prohibiting it. I don't care much for government getting involved deeply with it. But we need to accept whats going to happen when we take that stance. Now a lot of people are going to be stoned all the time, even more then before. I just want to say that I view stoners as annoying too. So I take great personal sacrifice to make this ideological stand.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Weed is a gateway drug b/c everyone in the world has done it
    I feel you. Breathing is a gateway drug too...I mean if you don't breath, how can you do heroin? Glad that's not a logical fallacy...haha.

State's rights are good when it concerns discriminating. State's rights are bad when it concerns a harmless drug. Freedom!

This makes sense though. What better way to fill the pockets of the private prison industry that Trump is returning things back to?
    Last edited by ManRam; 02-24-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    State's rights are good when it concerns discriminating. State's rights are bad when it concerns a harmless drug. Freedom!

This makes sense though. What better way to fill the pockets of the private prison industry that Trump is returning things back to?
    You are a conspiracy theorist of the highest order! Who else could see a connection between cracking down on a virtually harmless drug that leads to unnecessarily high incarceration rates for non-violent offenders and increasing the number of private prisons? Geez...

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast