Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Well, logically we need to continue to improve the trenches. I'm usually against LBs in round 1. Maybe it's because I became an eagle fan during the early Andy Reid era but it was always build from the inside out. You win super bowls with offensive lines that block and defensive lines that pressure with a good to great qb behind center

It's just how it usually goes. There's the exceptions. But you have to win that battle inside. For a long time I was for drafting offensive line in round 1 this year, protecting wentz was a high priority than getting him someone to throw to. But I think warmack will provide competition. I think big V and seamalu or whatever his name is have another year under their belt. I think we have depth there already. And the starters are good

So I think DE since it's a good group may be the route to go. MAYBE, we have graham, curry, and smith but barwin is gone. Solomon and Barnett would both be awesome for us in rotation

We have to be careful with humphrey. Alabama cbs have failed miserably and consistently. They're always 6-0, "physical" and run 4.4 40s and then get to the NFL and can't cover anyone. And Humphrey is checking off the entire list. Including the struggles in deep coverage, gets beat

I think if Barnett and Solomon are both gone I'm trading back because in the 20s and 2nd round I believe

White
    Humphrey
    Tabor
    Wilson
    Moreau
    Jackson

Will be there

Garrett, Fournette, Hooker, Adams, Thomas, Barnett, Allen, Lattimore, Foster, Cook, Davis, Williams are 12 players who help take our franchise to the next step.
    Right now we need atleast 2 QBs to be drafted, which is more than likely going to occur, then we need guys like OJ Howard, Ross, and whoever else to be reached on.

14 is a perfect spot and im staying no matter what. We'll get a great piece to help our franchise big time going forward. Im not at all intrigued by anyone in the 20s. I'm keeping that pick and selecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

If 2 QBs, Howard, Ross, and another player in the top 13 then we are really getting a top 10 postional player? Is any of the CBs really worth that? Or is a trade back the best thing?

I definitely agree with the posts above saying that we should always draft BPA whether it be offense or defense, and I agree with you Koldjerky, we are going to put all our eggs in one basket, but that is the position which Howie has put the team in, it is that simple.

Howie openly admitted that last off-season we simply put a "band-aid" on the CB position, and the result, we had the 32nd ranked secondary in the NFL, and the only CB we have on our roster right now, Jalen Mills, was I believe the 2nd to worst ranked CB by PFF. When Howie spent all our cap room on the offense, it essentially forced us to draft all defense. ALL of our free agency additions were on the offensive side of the ball, while we signed nobody on defense and lost a starting tackle. So I hate to say it, but we do need to put all our eggs in one basket due to the way Howie handled this off-season. I don't blame him either, as he did the best he could with the hand he was dealt, it's not like we were the Giants from last off-season who could throw money around to anyone we wanted. Would have made more sense to me to sign one WR and one CB, and then draft BPA come draft time, but Howie as we all know signed two WRs. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the different skill set we have amongst our WR core now, Alshon as a #1 big body, Smith as a speedster, and Matthews as a possession guy, but still wish we made a play at CB.

I definitely agree with drafting BPA on the DEFENSE Round 1, whether it be D-Line/LB/Secondary, whatever, or simply trading down for additional picks if at 14 everyone we rated highly is gone, but either way 4 out of our first 5 picks need to be defense, and two of them need to be corners at the bare minimum, I would even be happy if we took 3. Again, if Round 1 we do not take a CB, fine by me as long as we take 3 in the next 4 picks and address D-line in between. We already have the worst ranked secondary in the entire NFL, and the Jalen Mills guy we keep touting as one of our starting CBs was routinely burned and was one of the worst statistically ranked CBs in the entire NFL. If we have any shot of competing in this division next year, we need to draft secondary, and simply pray that one of them turns out like a Marcus Peters.

Hell to be honest, I wouldn't hesitate giving up picks in 2018 to land an extra pick this year since this draft is supposed to be "historically" deep at CB.
    Last edited by Nikeman; 03-20-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Well, logically we need to continue to improve the trenches. I'm usually against LBs in round 1. Maybe it's because I became an eagle fan during the early Andy Reid era but it was always build from the inside out. You win super bowls with offensive lines that block and defensive lines that pressure with a good to great qb behind center

It's just how it usually goes. There's the exceptions. But you have to win that battle inside. For a long time I was for drafting offensive line in round 1 this year, protecting wentz was a high priority than getting him someone to throw to. But I think warmack will provide competition. I think big V and seamalu or whatever his name is have another year under their belt. I think we have depth there already. And the starters are good

So I think DE since it's a good group may be the route to go. MAYBE, we have graham, curry, and smith but barwin is gone. Solomon and Barnett would both be awesome for us in rotation

We have to be careful with humphrey. Alabama cbs have failed miserably and consistently. They're always 6-0, "physical" and run 4.4 40s and then get to the NFL and can't cover anyone. And Humphrey is checking off the entire list. Including the struggles in deep coverage, gets beat

I think if Barnett and Solomon are both gone I'm trading back because in the 20s and 2nd round I believe

White
    Humphrey
    Tabor
    Wilson
    Moreau
    Jackson

Will be there
    I agree completely on your concern around Bama CBs.

As long as we come out with two CBs that can play, DE/DT, and Kareem Hunt I'll be happy. Linebacker depth would also be good.

I guess Eagles offered Bennie Logan a huge extension last year that was reportedly more than 9-10mill annually but he turned it down.. Wow. Dodged that bullet. Sucks that there's a hole there now but imo Logan wasn't worth that anyway

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleedingG...64773985411074

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeman View Post
    I definitely agree with the posts above saying that we should always draft BPA whether it be offense or defense, and I agree with you Koldjerky, we are going to put all our eggs in one basket, but that is the position which Howie has put the team in, it is that simple.

Howie openly admitted that last off-season we simply put a "band-aid" on the CB position, and the result, we had the 32nd ranked secondary in the NFL, and the only CB we have on our roster right now, Jalen Mills, was I believe the 2nd to worst ranked CB by PFF. When Howie spent all our cap room on the offense, it essentially forced us to draft all defense. ALL of our free agency additions were on the offensive side of the ball, while we signed nobody on defense and lost a starting tackle. So I hate to say it, but we do need to put all our eggs in one basket due to the way Howie handled this off-season. I don't blame him either, as he did the best he could with the hand he was dealt, it's not like we were the Giants from last off-season who could throw money around to anyone we wanted. Would have made more sense to me to sign one WR and one CB, and then draft BPA come draft time, but Howie as we all know signed two WRs. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the different skill set we have amongst our WR core now, Alshon as a #1 big body, Smith as a speedster, and Matthews as a possession guy, but still wish we made a play at CB.

I definitely agree with drafting BPA on the DEFENSE Round 1, whether it be D-Line/LB/Secondary, whatever, or simply trading down for additional picks if at 14 everyone we rated highly is gone, but either way 4 out of our first 5 picks need to be defense, and two of them need to be corners at the bare minimum, I would even be happy if we took 3. Again, if Round 1 we do not take a CB, fine by me as long as we take 3 in the next 4 picks and address D-line in between. We already have the worst ranked secondary in the entire NFL, and the Jalen Mills guy we keep touting as one of our starting CBs was routinely burned and was one of the worst statistically ranked CBs in the entire NFL. If we have any shot of competing in this division next year, we need to draft secondary, and simply pray that one of them turns out like a Marcus Peters.

Hell to be honest, I wouldn't hesitate giving up picks in 2018 to land an extra pick this year since this draft is supposed to be "historically" deep at CB.
    I know Mathews is still here but the team still has issues at RB, LB, line(s) depth, along with CB. I don't think ignoring 2-3 of those issues for the weakest issue is the best way to go though. I'm all for taking 2 CBs in rounds 1-3 but prefer it to be either 1 and 3 or 2 and 3. I don't want to see the first 2 picks be CBs and am actually leaning towards the CBs being 2nd and 3rd with 1st being BPA (defense)

1 - BPA
    2 - CB
    3 - CB
    4 - RB/Dline if not BPA in 1.
    etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

There is only one answer....trade up to get Fournette lol

We must understand the likelihood that some/all of the following won't be around next year: Alshon/Matthews/NA/DBG.

You don't pass up Davis/Williams if they are there. Carson needs someone to grow with, and hopefully work opposite of AJ for years to come. If not, at least you have 1 franchise WR moving forward.

We must understand the likelihood that some/all of the following won't be around next year: Alshon/Matthews/NA/DBG.

You don't pass up Davis/Williams if they are there. Carson needs someone to grow with, and hopefully work opposite of AJ for years to come. If not, at least you have 1 franchise WR moving forward.
    As much as I want Davis, have said as much all off-season, I've changed my tune since AJ came in. AJ can hopefully be that guy and with having him, I think we could see a focus on WR next year's draft. With NFL drafts recently, we've seen an influx of great WR every year. I could wait one more off-season since we now have AJ.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Whatever you say man... you act like It matters if NA/DGB leave.

We signed 2 WRs, so instead of addressing massive holes on defense, let's go out and draft one with our top pick... so much logic man

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeman View Post
    Whatever you say man... you act like It matters if NA/DGB leave.

We signed 2 WRs, so instead of addressing massive holes on defense, let's go out and draft one with our top pick... so much logic man
    You seem to only comprehend very small tidbits of info at a time lately, it's not a good look for you.

I said some/ALL, pretty clearly. AJ isn't signed long-term, he could be one and done. Matthews has been the subject of trade talk, he could very well be gone too. Neither of those are very bold claims.

So, here we sit next off-season with the possibility of Torrey Smith. Sure AJ could stay long-term, sure JMatt could re-sign, that's why I said some/all.

For me it's 6 in one half dozen in the other. The draft is deep at CB and seems to be deep at WR too. For Wentz's sake I'd like to see him with some continuity on the offensive side of the ball. Manning got Odell, Dak got Dez, etc. Giving a young QB HIS guy is huge for development. There's no need to stunt Carson's development in a year where we are likely a WC team at best. If we were a piece away, sure, I say go for it. I'm looking at the future though, beyond this year. I'm sure you are too, just from a different angle.

I'd hope that we aren't in position again to draft this high for years to come. If we can walk away from it with a McNabb/Owens duo, I'll sleep pretty good.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    As much as I want Davis, have said as much all off-season, I've changed my tune since AJ came in. AJ can hopefully be that guy and with having him, I think we could see a focus on WR next year's draft. With NFL drafts recently, we've seen an influx of great WR every year. I could wait one more off-season since we now have AJ.
    I'd agree, IF AJ wasn't on a one year deal. I'm not keen on going through this season, losing AJ, and starting the WR carousel over again for him.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

You seem to only comprehend very small tidbits of info at a time lately, it's not a good look for you.

I said some/ALL, pretty clearly. AJ isn't signed long-term, he could be one and done. Matthews has been the subject of trade talk, he could very well be gone too. Neither of those are very bold claims.

So, here we sit next off-season with the possibility of Torrey Smith. Sure AJ could stay long-term, sure JMatt could re-sign, that's why I said some/all.

For me it's 6 in one half dozen in the other. The draft is deep at CB and seems to be deep at WR too. For Wentz's sake I'd like to see him with some continuity on the offensive side of the ball. Manning got Odell, Dak got Dez, etc. Giving a young QB HIS guy is huge for development. There's no need to stunt Carson's development in a year where we are likely a WC team at best. If we were a piece away, sure, I say go for it. I'm looking at the future though, beyond this year. I'm sure you are too, just from a different angle.

I'd hope that we aren't in position again to draft this high for years to come. If we can walk away from it with a McNabb/Owens duo, I'll sleep pretty good.
    You could still go out and get a guy like Hopkins next season or even if the Eagles are a early/mid 20s spot, I dictated a month ago or so there are still a decent amount of #1 type WR that fall to those spots recently.

I will say though that I wouldn't be mad if the Eagles drafted Williams or Davis though.

I'd agree, IF AJ wasn't on a one year deal. I'm not keen on going through this season, losing AJ, and starting the WR carousel over again for him.
    But you have WR right now and no corners. You could be in the same position next year regardless of who's drafted.

Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast