Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 159 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I would be sooo pissed if we draft Ross. Most overrated first round prospect there is. He's not good man.
    Yup. Dude will get hurt this season, maybe not even play a down. He'll then be injury plagued his whole career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Give me Williams/Davis in 1st, Mixon in 2nd, and then CB/CB.

Imagine a quad of Wentz/Williams or Davis/Mixon/Ertz for this franchise. If you can resign Alshon, great, if not, get Hopkins in 2018.

Bring revis in on 1M incentive based deal to help Mills and picks.
    Great idea BDawk...

Lets start Jalen Mills, and a rookie 3rd rounder along with a rookie 4th rounder to cover Dez, Brandon Marhsall, OBJ and Sterling Sheppard against our division rivals..

God you amaze me sometimes, and then people agree with you too...
    Last edited by Nikeman; 03-20-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeman View Post
    Great idea BDawk...

Lets start Jalen Mills, and a rookie 3rd rounder along with a rookie 4th rounder to cover Dez, Brandon Marhsall, OBJ and Sterling Sheppard against our division rivals..

He did say to sign Revis. Is that a part you missed?
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Great idea BDawk...

...He said Revis too....lol

Hey if we draft Davis or Williams in the first we can probably at least get a 2nd for NA

Revis isn't going to be able to cover those guys. He's lost plenty of steps. Defense needs to be the priority right now since we gave up plenty of pieces and offense looks solid

Great idea BDawk...

Seems a bit uncalled for, but alright then.

I said get Revis too. With our Safety's, even with Revis losing a step, I'd be comfortable with it. The CB class is deep, there will still be good quality in the 3rd.

As much as I would love to draft BPA, for either side of the ball, we do not have that luxury. Wentz should only improve with a full off-season under his belt, our O-line has further improved and has even greater depth, and our WRs have massively improved. That alone should help our run game tremendously, more so than any one player. Having WRs who actually pose a threat to other teams will be the biggest factor to open up running lanes.

Still seeing many people wanting to use an early pick, 1st or 2nd whether it be on Cook/Mixon etc.

Running Back is the one position you are most likely to find a gem in the later rounds in NFL draft history. Some of the elite RBs include:
    LeVeon Bell - 2nd round - Pick 48
    David Johnson - 3rd round - pick 86
    Devonta Freeman - 4th round - pick 102
    DeMarco Murray - 3rd round
    Lamar Miller - 4th round
    Jae Howard/Jay Ajay - 5th round

In fact, Ezek Elliott was the only 1st round pick in the top 10 in rushing yards last season. He also ran behind one of the most dominant O-lines in NFL history, so his stats aren't as impressive to me. Still, why the hell would we burn a 1st round pick or even a 2nd on a RB when history has repeatedly shown you can land an all-pro RB in the mid to later rounds more likely than any other NFL position.
    Last edited by Nikeman; 03-20-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    He did say to sign Revis. Is that a part you missed?
    Revis at this point is strictly depth. Do you guys really trust Revis to come in and perform after seeing tape last season? There's a reason no team has even contacted the guy.

Just signing Revis does not mean screw it and lets wait till the 3rd round to draft a CB. Just my opinion.

My ideal draft has 2 scenarios:

Scenario 1:

Round 1: Draft BPA Defense - In the event that Barnett, Foster, Lattimore or anyone else falls to 14, snag them. It is looking like Foster is falling in mocks. If we took him at 14, I'm a happy camper. Foster/Hicks shores up our LB core which could use some help for the long-term.

Round 2: Draft best CB available - Tabor, Moreau etc
    Round 3: Draft Best CB Available -
    Round 4: D-line depth and from here on out draft BPA

Scenario 2:

Round 1: IF all elite defensive play-makers are taken, I am pretty sure Marlon Humphrey could be had in the 20s. Try and trade to someone in the early 20s and accumulate an extra 3rd at the minimum. Take Marlon Humphrey Round 1.

Round 2: BPA Defense - maybe Tabor.
    Round 3: D-line
    Round 3 extra pick: RB
    Round 4: BPA Defense
    Round 4: Best CB - Draft BPA from here out.

I prefer scenario 2. It gives us the best shot at landing more prospects, although I will say, in recent years the Eagles talent evaluation has lacked.

Revis at this point is strictly depth. Do you guys really trust Revis to come in and perform after seeing tape last season? There's a reason no team has even contacted the guy.

Just signing Revis does not mean screw it and lets wait till the 3rd round to draft a CB. Just my opinion.
    Doesn't matter, you clearly said it was Jalen Mills and 2 (mid round) rookies starting at CB. My fear with just aiming towards a CB in the first and 2nd goes on to your last sentence of your next quote. Eagles haven't done particularly well lately in drafting CB. Also, it seems like a 50/50 shot is drafting a great CB to drafting a bust CB in the 1st round. For every Patrick Peterson there seems to be a Dee Miliner.

My ideal draft has 2 scenarios:

Scenario 1:

Round 1: Draft BPA Defense - In the event that Barnett, Foster, Lattimore or anyone else falls to 14, snag them. It is looking like Foster is falling in mocks. If we took him at 14, I'm a happy camper. Foster/Hicks shores up our LB core which could use some help for the long-term.

Round 2: Draft best CB available - Tabor, Moreau etc
    Round 3: Draft Best CB Available -
    Round 4: D-line depth and from here on out draft BPA

Scenario 2:

Round 1: IF all elite defensive play-makers are taken, I am pretty sure Marlon Humphrey could be had in the 20s. Try and trade to someone in the early 20s and accumulate an extra 3rd at the minimum. Take Marlon Humphrey Round 1.

Round 2: BPA Defense - maybe Tabor.
    Round 3: D-line
    Round 3 extra pick: RB
    Round 4: BPA Defense
    Round 4: Best CB - Draft BPA from here out.

I prefer scenario 2. It gives us the best shot at landing more prospects, although I will say, in recent years the Eagles talent evaluation has lacked.
    Scenario 2 is what I've been wanting for awhile now (since the WR signings). I don't want a RB 1st RD, wouldn't mind Davis but understand he's not a need anymore, and would be ok with just taking BPA (defense).

The bold is exactly what I want to see happen and I'm pretty sure I posted it already.

Eagles 2017 NFL Off-Season - Post all off-season, news, rumors, draft talk, etc. here

Ideally, the first couple picks should be for defense and hopefully at least one of the first two picks and 2 out of the first 3-4 rounds all together is used on a CB.

That's where I would look to focus at the top of the draft (obviously don't focus on drafting certain positions but BPA on defense is a good idea early imo).. but I really have a feeling that Eagles are gonna draft a RB 1st or 2nd round and I'm just not a fan of that if it happens.. I mean even if they go and get one of the top running backs like fournette or cooks and pass on a really good linebacker or CB, I'd legitimately think it's a bad pick because I really don't think offense (and RB especially) is as big of a need as defense (especially CB) early in the draft.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Ideally, the first couple picks should be for defense and hopefully at least one of the first two picks and 2 out of the first 3-4 rounds all together is used on a CB.

That's where I would look to focus at the top of the draft (obviously don't focus on drafting certain positions but BPA on defense is a good idea early imo).. but I really have a feeling that Eagles are gonna draft a RB 1st or 2nd round and I'm just not a fan of that if it happens.. I mean even if they go and get one of the top running backs like fournette or cooks and pass on a really good linebacker or CB, I'd legitimately think it's a bad pick because I really don't think offense (and RB especially) is as big of a need as defense (especially CB) early in the draft.
    Agreed. RB should not even be a thought until Round 4, in our current situation. With our current situation, we need to draft BPA Defense, and CB, CB rounds 1-3. At least 2/3 picks need to be CB. In round 4, where we have two picks, we need to at least use one of them on D and I would not be opposed to taking a RB.

Hell, we have 5 picks in the first 4 rounds. If every single pick went to defense, I'd still be perfectly happy. If we don't take a CB round 1, rounds 2+3 must be CB, and one of our round 4 picks.

Agreed. RB should not even be a thought until Round 4, in our current situation. With our current situation, we need to draft BPA Defense, and CB, CB rounds 1-3. At least 2/3 picks need to be CB. In round 4, where we have two picks, we need to at least use one of them on D and I would not be opposed to taking a RB.

Hell, we have 5 picks in the first 4 rounds. If every single pick went to defense, I'd still be perfectly happy. If we don't take a CB round 1, rounds 2+3 must be CB, and one of our round 4 picks.
    My issue with drafting defense the entire draft or even bpa then 2 CBs until any other position is you're putting all your eggs in one basket and banking on high picks not busting.

You draft CBs 1 and 2 and you have Jalen Mills + another scrub and those 2 CBs bust or don't live up to the billing, and you basically wasted this entire draft.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    My issue with drafting defense the entire draft or even bpa then 2 CBs until any other position is you're putting all your eggs in one basket and banking on high picks not busting.

You draft CBs 1 and 2 and you have Jalen Mills + another scrub and those 2 CBs bust or don't live up to the billing, and you basically wasted this entire draft.
    Yea, that's why I said it would be ideal that the first 3-4 picks and the entire draft really was defensive heavy but at the same time, I understand how drafts go.. if the top 5-6 players on your board when Eagles pick are all offense guys, I think it'd be bad to skip all those guys and take your highest rated CB.. that's an easy way to take a bust pick..

But I'll also say, if the top guy on your board is a RB and your 2nd guy is a CB, all day I would take that CB and not even think twice because imo CB is a harder position to fill and also a bigger need for the Eagles.

Stick to the draft board, but if it's a decision between an offensive guy and a defensive guy I personally would go defense even if he's slightly lower on the draft board

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Yea, that's why I said it would be ideal that the first 3-4 picks and the entire draft really was defensive heavy but at the same time, I understand how drafts go.. if the top 5-6 players on your board when Eagles pick are all offense guys, I think it'd be bad to skip all those guys and take your highest rated CB.. that's an easy way to take a bust pick..

But I'll also say, if the top guy on your board is a RB and your 2nd guy is a CB, all day I would take that CB and not even think twice because imo CB is a harder position to fill and also a bigger need for the Eagles.

Stick to the draft board, but if it's a decision between an offensive guy and a defensive guy I personally would go defense even if he's slightly lower on the draft board
    I think I said something along these lines a few weeks ago and I agree, obviously. Not sure if it was position based but it had to do with the same thing you're saying. If you have a guy ranked in the top 5 of your board and he slips to 14 but the CB available is ranked 10th on your board, I'll take that top 5 guy, however if say the CB is rated 6th on your board and the top 5 guy is 5th, take that CB.

Don't draft JUST for need. That's failure all over the place and how you wind up with a fireman who occasionally plays hockey as an olineman.