Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 172 1231151101 ... LastLast

Eagles 2017 NFL Off-Season - Post all off-season, news, rumors, draft talk, etc. here

The NFL Offseason is here with important periods and events, such as free agency, the NFL Scouting Combine, and the NFL Draft, all fast approaching.

Below is a complete and detailed breakdown of all the important calendared dates to know and events to keep tabs on up until the 2017 preseason kicks off.

February

February 6: Waiver system begins for 2017 NFL season. Teams can extend current contracts and exercise outstanding options.

February 11: NFL Regional Combine: Virginia Mason Athletic Center, Seattle, WA. The NFL launched the Regional and Super Regional Combines in 2012 to serve as a supplement to the League’s National Scouting Combine. These events are designed to provide an opportunity for lower-profile participants to display their pro potential.

February 14 (12PM ET): NFL teams may begin signing Canadian Football League players whose 2016 contracts are expired.

February 15: NFL teams may begin designating Franchise or Transition players.

February 18: NFL Regional Combine: Methodist Training Center, Houston, TX.

February 25: NFL Regional Combine, Inova Sports Performance Center, Washington, D.C.

February 26: Punter/Kicker NFL Regional Combine, Inova Sports Performance Center, Washington, D.C.

February 28 - March 6: NFL Scouting Combine
    February 28: NFL Scouting Combine Day One arrivals (Place Kicking, Special Teams, O-Line, Running Backs) at Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN, for registration, orientation, and interviews.

March

March 1: NFL Scouting Combine Day Two arrivals (Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers, Tight Ends) for registration, orientation, and interviews.

March 1 (4:00 PM ET): Deadline for teams to designate Franchise or Transition players.

March 2: NFL Scouting Combine Day Three arrivals (defensive line and linebackers) for registration, orientation, and interviews.

March 3: Day One On-Field Workouts (PK, ST, RB).

March 3: NFL Scouting Combine Day Four arrivals (defensive backs) for registration, orientation, and interviews.

March 4: Day Two On-Field Workouts (QB, WR, TE).

March 4: NFL Regional Combine: Minnesota Vikings Practice Facility, Eden Prairie, MN.

March 5: Day Three On-Field Workouts (DL, LB).

March 6: Day Four On-Field Workouts (DBs).

March 7 - March 9: “Legal Tampering Period” - NFL teams may begin contract negotiations with the agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents.

March 9 (Before 4:00PM ET):
    Deadline for NFL teams to exercise options for 2017 on any player with option clauses in their 2016 contracts.
    NFL teams must submit qualifying offers to players with expiring contracts who will become Restricted Free Agents.
    NFL teams must submit a Minimum Salary Tender to players who will become Exclusive-Rights Free Agents (expiring contracts and fewer than 3 accrued seasons).
    March 9 (After 4:00PM ET):
    2017 NFL league year begins, all 2016 contracts expire, free agency and trading opens.
    All teams must be and stay under the ‘Top-51’ salary cap for 2017.
    March 11: NFL Regional Combine: New Orleans Saints Training Facility, Metairie, LA.

March 26-29: Annual League Meeting, Phoenix, AZ.

April

April 17: NFL teams with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

Approximately 3rd Week of April: Some time around the third week of April, the NFL will announce the 2017 schedule.

April 21: Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets.

April 27-29: 2017 NFL Draft, Philadelphia, PA

May

May 5-8: Rookie Minicamp weekend #1 - NFL teams may conduct a three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp (either Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday) for rookies and first-year players.

May 9: Deadline for teams to send "May 9 Tender" to its still-unsigned Unrestricted Free Agents. If the player has not signed a Player Contract with a club by July 22 or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later, he may negotiate or sign a Player Contract until the Tuesday following Week 10 at 4:00PM EST, only with his Prior Club.

May 12-15: Rookie Minicamp weekend #2.

May 15: Rookie Football Development Programs begin.

May 18-21: NFLPA Rookie Premiere - invited rookies must be allowed to attend.

May 22-23: Spring League Meeting, Chicago, IL.

End of May: Voluntary Organized Team Activities (each team gets two three-day periods in May).

June

June 1: Deadline for NFL teams to send “June 1 Tender” to Restricted Free Agents who received qualifying offers in order to subject that player to “June 15 Tender” provision.

June 2: Any player released, waived, or traded on or after this date will have any remaining signing bonus salary cap charges assigned to the team’s 2018 salary cap.

Early- to mid-June: Third scheduled OTA period.

June 15: NFL teams may withdraw qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents and replace with “June 15 Tender”, equal to one year at 110% of previous year’s salary. Players then have exclusive negotiating rights with that team.

Late June: NFL teams host Rookie Transition Programs. Rookie and Veteran Mini-camps will be held.

July

July 15 (4:00 PM ET): Deadline for Franchise-tagged players to sign multi-year extensions. Following this deadline, a player can only sign the one-year Franchise tender.

Mid-July: Clubs are permitted to open preseason training camp for rookies and first-year players beginning seven days prior to the clubas earliest permissible mandatory reporting date for veteran players.

Teams may start training camp no earlier than 15 days before the team's first scheduled preseason game or July 15, whichever is later.

July 22:* Signing Period ends for unrestricted Free Agents to whom a "May 9 Tender" was made. After this date and until 4:00PM EST on the Tuesday following Week 10, the player’s prior team has exclusive negotiating rights.

*or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later.

July 22: Signing Period ends for Transition Players who have not signed their tenders. After this date and until 4:00PM EST on the Tuesday following Week 10, the player’s prior team has exclusive negotiating rights.

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Latavius Murray posted an Instagram working out with Wentz. It's widely expected that Oakland will not re-sign him. I'd love to sign him and focus the draft elsewhere.

Only 201 days left till eagles football babay.. let's go!

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySport03 View Post
    Latavius Murray posted an Instagram working out with Wentz. It's widely expected that Oakland will not re-sign him. I'd love to sign him and focus the draft elsewhere.
    I'm down latavius Murray depending on the price, I'm also fine with going into the season with the RBs as is (minus Mathews that is). This offseason id prefer Eagles to focus on filling WR, CB, maybe OL and interior DL (if Logan leaves). Hb could be had in draft or next season imo, I also wanna see what Smallwood could do on a consistent basis and with a better OL

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I'm down latavius Murray depending on the price, I'm also fine with going into the season with the RBs as is (minus Mathews that is). This offseason id prefer Eagles to focus on filling WR, CB, maybe OL and interior DL (if Logan leaves). Hb could be had in draft or next season imo, I also wanna see what Smallwood could do on a consistent basis and with a better OL
    I'm cool with this too. Running backs are a dime a dozen. I really liked that guy who played for us vs. the Cowboys in Week 17. Runs hard as hell. Would love to see him get a shot.

McCoy reunion?

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I'm cool with this too. Running backs are a dime a dozen. I really liked that guy who played for us vs. the Cowboys in Week 17. Runs hard as hell. Would love to see him get a shot.
    Terrell Watson? That boy was a bulldozer.. Kinda reminded me a bit of Brandon jacobs back in the day for the Giants, looking at film on him from college makes him look faster than jacobs tho. He came outta nowhere in that game too, I really wasn't expecting it.. Haha his stats from that game weren't super impressive but he had some hard runs that game.

To see him Marshall and Smallwood split carries this year might not be a bad thing tbh, especially if the Eagles add to the OL. If it doesn't work out they can always address the position next year

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    McCoy reunion?
    Matt mccoy? Bring him back!

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    McCoy reunion?
    I miss 2012 Shady.

I miss 2012 Shady.

Idk if I buy that the bills will release shady. They might but also might not, he was good last year and I think deserves the money he's owed. If they do release him, won't he be the best RB on the market? Would be interesting to see if the Eagles pursue him or not

Your baby can't do this

To say that we shouldn't draft a RB in the 1st rd is insane to me! If Cook is the BPA at 14 or 15 you draft him. Same can be said of Mike Williams and Corey Davis. If you look at Florida St OLine this year they are average at best. I think they will have maybe a tackle get drafted in the mid round. What Cook has accomplished this season is phenomenal. He's durable and he is a workhorse. In this offense Cook can easily be a 20+ carries and 4-5 receptions back a game guy. If you want a 'play maker, game changer guy' Cook is just that. I didn't mention Fournette bc he will most likely be drafted in top 8 or higher. I for one will be ecstatic if we draft Cook!

All that juking, spinning, ballet dancing and trying to make guys miss while losing yards hell **** no I don't want McCoy back Buffalo can keep his ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Hammer View Post
    All that juking, spinning, ballet dancing and trying to make guys miss while losing yards hell **** no I don't want McCoy back Buffalo can keep his ***.
    The real question you should be asking is would you mind seeing some salsa dancing after TDs?

Like this ^^

Your baby can't do this

Lol! I don't think any of us want an older Shady back. Hell, there's even reports of the Chiefs cutting J-Mac. Just bring the the whole team back. And Nick Foles. And Chip Kelly.

Lol! I don't think any of us want an older Shady back. Hell, there's even reports of the Chiefs cutting J-Mac. Just bring the the whole team back. And Nick Foles. And Chip Kelly.
    I'd gladly take McCoy, Maclin, and Foles back.

For real.

Page 1 of 172 1231151101 ... LastLast